ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Old February 27th, 2015, 07:32 AM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[American Motorcyclist Association] - Ashley Holder: AMA ATV Extreme Dirt Track Racer

Last year, Ashley Holder was only in her first year of racing in the AMA ATV Extreme Dirt Track National Championship Series but she proved she will be a force to be reckoned with during the 2015 season.

Holder, 22, of Archdale, N.C., finished second overall in the Women’s class and third in the C class aboard her Honda 450R.

She says multitime Women’s class champ Paula Shank proved to be her toughest competition “because she has been racing a lot longer than me and she is an overall great rider.”

Her biggest disappointment during the 2014 season came during the Busco Beach, N.C.

“I won all of my races that I attended except one, a Busco Beach. That wasn’t a very good day for me,” holder says. “I spun out and then someone hit me, knocking me off of my bike. I placed last in that race.

“Also, it really disappointed me when Oklahoma got rained out because it hurt me in points, making me place second (overall),” she says.

Her first race ever was in 2013 at Black Ankle Raceway in North Carolina.

“I was 21. It was every difficult because I didn’t know what I was doing at the time,” she says. “I was racing nothing but guys. in the first heat I was dead last on the takeoff. The main was different. I came out of the hole first, getting the holeshot, and then got passed.

But I was determined not to come in last in the race and I didn’t,” she says. “I was so proud of myself.”

Holder says she enjoys racing the AMA ATV Extreme Dirt Track National Championship Series because she enjoys the travel.

“I had never been out of my state until I started racing and there is just so much that I haven't seen,” she says. “Besides traveling, I just love the sport of racing.”

When she isn’t riding her quad, Holder enjoys fishing and swimming.

For supporting her racing, she thanks Earnhardt Racing “for giving me the best opportunity in my life. I wouldn't have made it this far without them. My dream was to race four-wheelers and they are the ones who made it possible.”

Holder concluded with this advice for others who would like to race ATV extreme dirt track: “It is a really great sport to get into but can get very competitive. I would say that anything is possible so follow your dreams.”

Story by Bill Kresnak

Click here for full story...