ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ninjettes At Speed

Notices

Old February 18th, 2014, 06:03 PM   #81
Ducati999
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Ant

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 999 2012 Ninja 250r Ducati748 Yellow finally running 2003 SV650 S (SOLD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigballsofpaint View Post
Hey now, dont forget me. Just bought my boots and back protector. Next week ill be ordering the suit and gloves. The bike is almost finished with paint. Ordered the pitbull front pin so i can prop it up and take the wheels off.
I don't want to forget anyone! I am looking forward to riding with many of the people that post here. I am just about to purchase a back/chest protector and I need some new boots also. I just got my leathers a month or two ago and I rode in them one 50 degree day. I cannot believe how comfortable they are, I should have bought some years ago!

I like the idea of a football field of space around each rider (TTD post above) because I can ride fairly well on the street and I like the idea of room to focus on doing things right on the track. I have ridden for a lot of years (25 years can that be, I don't feel that old) and done a lot of really stupid stuff on the street so I need to hit the track and prove to myself that I can ride well. I don't want to think I am fast and never really test myself! I am past the crazy part and now responsibilities have made me really slow it down on the street. I love the idea of hitting a turn a little faster each time and working on proper lines and body position rather than rushing a back road corner and playing the odds that something wont go wrong! I have played that game before and it cost me 2 bikes and some stiches.

I am so glad I found this group of people to share my obsession with and I hope to meet a lot of you at the track over the next few years.
COME ON SPRINGTIME I CANT TAKE MUCH MORE TIME OFF OF MY BIKE
Ducati999 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 18th, 2014, 06:19 PM   #82
Boosted139
ninjette.org guru

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R SE, 2009 Triumph Daytona 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati999 View Post
I like the idea of a football field of space around each rider (TTD post above) because I can ride fairly well on the street and I like the idea of room to focus on doing things right on the track. I have ridden for a lot of years (25 years can that be, I don't feel that old) and done a lot of really stupid stuff on the street so I need to hit the track and prove to myself that I can ride well.
TTD is great because I don't think you'll find other orgs with such small group sizes as them. People always tend to forget they can pull in to hot pit in if they get sucked into a pack and find some open space.
Boosted139 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 18th, 2014, 06:31 PM   #83
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Quote:
I just got my leathers a month or two ago and I rode in them one 50 degree day. I cannot believe how comfortable they are, I should have bought some years ago!
Just wait until it's 98 degrees with 98% humidity. lol
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 19th, 2014, 07:50 AM   #84
Ducati999

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 999 2012 Ninja 250r Ducati748 Yellow finally running 2003 SV650 S (SOLD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
I got leathers with lots of venting so not too good for this weather but should be ok in the heat as long as I am moving! I would have to guess that all the vents will not work as well with a full chest/back protector on underneath but you got to pay to play. I don't think it will be much worse than when I got caught on the highway in dead stop traffic for over an hour with my leather pants and insulated leather jacket. Lesson learned: if it is cool in the morning and might get hot on your commute home leave the insulated jacket and wear the lighter one with LAYERS underneath! I really thought I was going to pass out! My helmet was soaked and my ducati was over 219 degrees between my legs!

I want to know what day/days work best for a group of us to do a track day. I am ready to pay for a Sun/Mon session in July just like to know who else is in and which days work best for everyone

Old February 19th, 2014, 07:55 AM   #85
Bigballsofpaint

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): 2015 636 ABS - 69 Honda 305

Quote:
We dont get too many days like that up here. A week or 2 tops.
Bigballsofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 19th, 2014, 11:53 AM   #86
adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
Just checked in here for the first time in awhile.

July 20/21 works for me.

Who's IN?

Copy this message and add your name.

adouglas

Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.
Heri historia. Cras mysterium. Hodie donum est. Carpe diem.
adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 19th, 2014, 11:57 AM   #87
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

DATE(s)
JULY 20 (Sun) Connecticut (Thompson Speedway)
JULY 21 (Mon) Connecticut (Thompson Speedway)

adouglas
csmith12

Old February 19th, 2014, 02:09 PM   #88
CC Cowboy

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Quote:
DATE(s)

adouglas
csmith12
I'd love to go but I can't commit that far in advance. I don't usually know where I'll be next month much less in 5 months. I should know about a month before hand. I hope that those dates don't close out before then.

Old February 19th, 2014, 02:52 PM   #89
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

I hope not as well, I am a weather watcher when it comes to track days and buy as late as possible.

Old February 19th, 2014, 05:09 PM   #90
Ducati999

Guys I am deff in for the July 20 and 21st. I guess I will wait for a little while before I buy just to be sure you all are in also. I know that weather is a bit of a factor and some of you cant commit just yet and I am probably just way to anxious to ride so I will wait. Chime in when you make up your mind and I will keep watching. I still hope to meet some of you at the March walk around at the track

Old February 19th, 2014, 05:12 PM   #91
Ducati999

Quote:
DATE(s)

adouglas
csmith12
Ducati999

Old February 19th, 2014, 05:14 PM   #92
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

DATE(s)

adouglas
csmith12
Ducati999

Fixed!

Old February 19th, 2014, 05:17 PM   #93
Ducati999

Quote:
DATE(s)

adouglas
csmith12
Ducati999

Fixed!
Thanks I fix electronics including computers but it does not mean I can operate them correctly (I am better on a bike)

Old February 19th, 2014, 05:53 PM   #94
CC Cowboy

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Quote:
Guys I am deff in for the July 20 and 21st. I guess I will wait for a little while before I buy just to be sure you all are in also. I know that weather is a bit of a factor and some of you cant commit just yet and I am probably just way to anxious to ride so I will wait. Chime in when you make up your mind and I will keep watching. I still hope to meet some of you at the March walk around at the track

You can do a trackday on your own and still have a great time. Bikers are very friendly people and any group at the track will help and be great to be with. You will be learning from everyone you meet, instructors, other riders, and just being on the track. Bikers will always lend a hand to other bikers.

If you can get a video of the track from earlier trackdays (there is one there in June) it will help to learn the track. It's a small track so it won't take long to know memorize it.

Tony has tons of information on his forum and there are track maps and videos of the tracks on the web site. Study those.

Old February 20th, 2014, 07:14 AM   #95
backinthesaddleagain

Name: Greg

Motorcycle(s): 2013 ZX6R 636

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Cowboy View Post
You can do a trackday on your own and still have a great time. Bikers are very friendly people and any group at the track will help and be great to be with. You will be learning from everyone you meet, instructors, other riders, and just being on the track. Bikers will always lend a hand to other bikers.

If you can get a video of the track from earlier trackdays (there is one there in June) it will help to learn the track. It's a small track so it won't take long to know memorize it.

Tony has tons of information on his forum and there are track maps and videos of the tracks on the web site. Study those.
What CC said. Tony and his staff, as well as most attendees are really helpful.

I'll possibly make it. Once I am back to full strength and have some seat time on my new bike I'll be better able to tell. I am in for the Razee's /Tony's day in September. That day should be a bit cheaper too I think.
backinthesaddleagain is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 23rd, 2014, 11:22 AM   #96
ttd
ninjette.org member

Name: Tony

Motorcycle(s): CBR600rr

Sounds good on the stuff below.

Just keep in mind we don't allow riding in different groups within the day. In general, all the groups are full - so you'll stick to one group.

The caveat to this is sometimes we see someone that is just not right for the group they're in (either too fast or too slow), and we'll make an on the spot move.

Tony

Quote:
Understood Tony,

Normally say... when I am filming a rider in front of me and hear a rider on my six, I give them more than enough room to pass, give them an opening on the inside/outside or even wave them by on the straight. Other times I will pass the rider in front of me to tow the passing rider around when/if possible. Other times, I just hotpit in and hold a lap for the "friend" to pass the start/finish and then catch back up.

Have a look at the video of Alex and I that I posted in the FL thread. About every other lap I put a considerable space between us to allow other riders by, not that there were many anyway in the novice group. But like I said, it's your party, and I have no problem playing by the rules.

Looking forward to riding with you guys and what looks to be an interesting track.
ttd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 26th, 2014, 12:29 PM   #97
Ducati999

Quote:
DATE(s)

adouglas
csmith12
Ducati999

Fixed!
That it? Just 3 for now? Im not complaining but I was hoping there would be more people interested in hitting the newest track in this area! I have said it before "I am super psyched to hit the track this year" I think getting all my equipment for the track is the only thing that has kept me sane during this long cold winter. I have just about everything except boots and a back protector now. I found armor I like just have not pulled the trigger yet. I haven't found the boots I like yet but half the fun during winters down time is looking for new gear! I just got some new maps for the SV's PC3 and I cant wait to load them up and try her out. The maps along with the new GSXR calipers I just installed should work nicely at the track!

Old February 26th, 2014, 01:36 PM   #98
Bigballsofpaint

I likely will not add my name to the list until mayish when i know exactly what my funds will be. I have everything but the suit, but i will be ordering one within the next week. And i should have new tires next month. My track plastics are painted and ready. I will only be able to do one day though.

Old February 26th, 2014, 02:34 PM   #99
Ducati999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigballsofpaint View Post
I likely will not add my name to the list until mayish when i know exactly what my funds will be. I have everything but the suit, but i will be ordering one within the next week. And i should have new tires next month. My track plastics are painted and ready. I will only be able to do one day though.
I had read above that you were most likely going to make it and I did not mean to leave you out. I thought there would be 10-12 people willing to do this together but I guess that the list will get longer the closer the date gets. Really looking forward to this trip. I have always wanted to do some racing but that may never happen so this is as close as I will get for now. Once the wife sees how safe the set up is she will most likely try it herself and her mind may change about racing for me! (fingers crossed). The fact that the track is so close to home for me plus some of the members from here going also just add to my anticipation. I really want a time machine!

Old February 26th, 2014, 02:52 PM   #100
Bigballsofpaint

I dont think youll get that many from ninjette, maybe 6 if were lucky. I know on BoRN there will be a bunch though.

Old March 2nd, 2014, 11:33 AM   #101
Ducati999

Just a bump to our Track day plans

I just made the $15 payment for my wife and my friend ED to have lunch when we walk the track and do the into. Should be warm by then (fingers crossed) and I hope to be able to ride to the event. Looks like I will be on the Ducati (provided the temp agree) and hopefully the wife and Ed will ride also. Ed has a 2002 Sv 650s and my wife will be on her heavily modified 2012 Ninja 250. Hope to see and meet a bunch of you there.

Old March 12th, 2014, 08:02 AM   #102
adouglas
Cat herder

SLOT PURCHASED for July 20/21

Old March 12th, 2014, 09:06 AM   #103
adouglas
Cat herder

For those of you attending the afternoon seminar at Thompson this Saturday, here's some pre-reading to get you started, from the guy running the session:

http://www.ridinginthezone.com/motor...on-management/

Old March 13th, 2014, 07:30 AM   #104
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
SLOT PURCHASED for July 20/21
On my calendar! Will buy my spots as soon as I can. Gunna be a good time.

Tip: Erect your shrine to the sun god now. Since this will be quite the haul for me, I NEED it to be great weather. IT WILL BE GREAT WEATHER!!!

Old March 13th, 2014, 11:47 AM   #105
adouglas
Cat herder

Given how bad the National Weather Service screwed up the order I sent in for this month, I'm leery.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old March 26th, 2014, 11:49 AM   #106
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Almost ready! Few more list items and I and golden. What kinda beer you like Captin'?

Old March 27th, 2014, 04:22 AM   #107
adouglas
Cat herder

Don't drink anymore but thanks for the offer!

Old April 7th, 2014, 04:20 PM   #108
adouglas
Cat herder

It was beautiful yesterday.

Did I ride?

No.

But I DID install the trailer hitch I got for Christmas.....

One step closer!

wOOt

Old April 7th, 2014, 04:42 PM   #109
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

Quote:
But I DID install the trailer hitch I got for Christmas.....
How hard was it to install on the GSX-R?

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 7th, 2014, 04:52 PM   #110
CC Cowboy

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Quote:
Don't drink anymore but thanks for the offer!

Do you drink any less? Is the program working?

Old April 7th, 2014, 05:17 PM   #111
adouglas
Cat herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
How hard was it to install on the GSX-R?
Damn.

I had a feeling I was doing SOMETHING wrong.....

Old April 7th, 2014, 08:23 PM   #112
Bigballsofpaint

i started commuting again today, my wallet will thank me in a few weeks.

Old May 14th, 2014, 01:42 PM   #113
adouglas
Cat herder

UPDATE

They finished the bridge and paving at Thompson last week!

A couple of laps running clockwise:

Link to original page on YouTube.

Tony advises that the airfence will NOT be installed until next year. For fast guys, caution is in order at the bridge and the twisty downhill section after you leave the oval. If this is a problem, contact him for a refund.

Old May 14th, 2014, 01:58 PM   #114
CC Cowboy

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Armco looks scary, track looks like fun.

I have a friend doing the track in a Ferrari this month. I'll gets some feedback from him.

Old May 14th, 2014, 02:01 PM   #115
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

We come within inches of the armco at Mid-o, it's one of my favorite parts of the course. If you are ever there, check the 200 brake marker with a chunk missing just above the armco wall. It where we hit it with our helmets and finally broke a piece off.

Old May 14th, 2014, 02:02 PM   #116
CC Cowboy

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Quote:
We come within inches of the armco at Mid-o, it's one of my favorite parts of the course. If you are ever there, check the 200 brake marker with a chunk missing just above the armco wall. It where we hit it with our helmets and finally broke a piece off.

This explains a lot!

Old May 14th, 2014, 02:04 PM   #117
adouglas
Cat herder

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Old May 14th, 2014, 02:04 PM   #118
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

CC, you're a trip.

Old June 1st, 2014, 03:23 PM   #119
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Bump!

Gunna buy my spots soon. July 20/21 - yep, I am planning on being there for both days!

Come get some!

Old June 11th, 2014, 04:57 AM   #120
adouglas
Cat herder

The inaugural Thompson track day is this Saturday. Ant and I are going to show up in the early AM and watch for awhile.

Anyone in the area who doesn't have anything better to do is welcome to join....

We'll probably only stay a couple or three hours.

Look for a blue/white current-gen GSXR (me) and a red Ducati 999 (Ant).