ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Old November 6th, 2023, 06:50 PM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[webbikeworld.com] - Criminal Customs: Monster Chopper has 46” Knobblies and a Single

Click here for full story...

In a project the owner can only call “the most ridiculous, obscene, and incredibly complicated thing I’ve ever built,” a set of 46” Mickey Thompson knobblies is being mated to the 160hp heart of a KTM 1190 Adventure for the world’s most insane “Monster Chopper.”*

If you don’t know whether to laugh or cry, you’re right up there with the rest of us – and in this most recent episode, the incomparable Ethan (Grind Hard Plumbing Company, see below) and his team of mates are going to be working on the rear tire / swingarm situ of this Frankenbuild.

The Grind Hard Plumbing Company getting to work on a custom projecct they’ve lovingly coined “Monster Chopper” – fitting, considering the 46″ rolling duties. Media provided by Youtube.
I need a gear reduction so I’m going to go down and go for something like 25% so that we still have a top speed of 60-70mph… which will probably be terrifying on this… that way we will have plenty of torque for the wheels [and] the added weight. This thing’s gonna be a CHONGUS.”

– Ethan, Grind Hard Plumbing Company (Youtube)

On to the swingarm design.*

Ethan’s scribbled out a triangular form that will bend out with the bulge of the tire’s rubber, canting back in for a mounting point closer to the engine. The materials for the swingarm have been gleaned from a steel roll cage that was part of a Redneck Go-Cart project the Grind Hard Plumbing Co. team tries not to talk about, but hey – the seamless drawn over mandrel (DOM) steel round tubing is still good, yeah?

Ethan (The Grind Hard Plumbing Company) getting to work on a custom projecct they’ve lovingly coined “Monster Chopper” – fitting, considering the 46″ rolling duties. Media provided by Youtube.A little while later, and a massive brake rotor has been harvested from some metal sheeting; Ethan’s decided to have the brake rotor between the hub and the wheel of the machine, same as that of a car – a clever choice, given the absolute chonkers lended to this project’s rubber rolling duties.*

By the way, any guesses as to where Ethan got his calipers? (Hint: That CBR900’s probably feeling pretty naked right about now….)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=To4wJiRCZ9I">