ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old January 14th, 2010, 07:48 AM   #1
Ingersoll

Name: Ingersoll

Motorcycle(s): ...

Help with adjusting the values

I was wanting to know if you guys could give me a heads up for adjusting the values, by letting me know what tools are need. I got some basic skills but not a lot of tools. Thanks
Ingersoll is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 14th, 2010, 08:05 AM   #2
Momaru
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Paul

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Candy Plasma Blue 250R

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9924

Based on the pics and just knowing the bike, I'd say a set of metric hex wrenches, standard screwdrivers, a set of metric sockets, a micrometer and a good bit of patience.

Old January 14th, 2010, 08:08 AM   #3
tjkamper
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Travis

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R

The bear minimum tools. Torque wrench, Socket set, Feeler guages, Micrometer, Medium size flat head screwdriver, A very small flat head screw driver and a coin to take off the cap to spin the drive train. (allen wrenches and a phillips screwdriver to take off plastics).

I used a 1/4 harbor freight torque wrench I dont remember the inch pound ranges off the top of my head, they are in the service manual.

I also strongly recommend having a Flashlight, Needle-nose pliers and a Breaker bar. Also a magnetic wand can come in handy when removing the shims if your lash is out of spec.

Check out the DIYs that Vex Did:

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9787

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showt...justing+valves