ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old April 5th, 2015, 09:37 AM   #1
DmbShn41
Wannabe Reborn

Name: Unregistered

Motorcycle(s): Blue 2008 Ninja 250

Alternative to $50+ DB wind screens....

Recent shopping adventures on Amazon have led me to finding out that cheaper isn't always better, yet, deals can still be had when going for non-name brand. Example, F4K makes a wind screen for 08-12 250's that has a higher arch than stock, maybe not quite a full double bubble, but quality seems to be good, and works on the cheap. Much better than the $15 option on Amazon that takes 1-6 weeks shipping, and arrives in varying quality, pieces, etc.

https://flic.kr/p/rVMmCw

https://flic.kr/p/rY1jJP

https://flic.kr/p/rFu8xd

Found this gem at:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Got it for $28.95 with Free shipping, ordered last Sunday, it arrive Tuesday afternoon. Packaging was good, protected. Install was simple. Ordered some new bolts and well nuts to go along with this, those took a little longer to come in...only problem I had with install was the mount where well nuts go into, didn't line up with angle at with bolt went through front nose cone. Bolts that I ordered were a little short, which didn't help, so had to use two hands, one outside lining bolt up, one inside the nose cone trying to line up well nut. Other than that, for $30, looks good and I'm happy with it. Directs air just over my helmet when riding up, well over me when tucked.

Last futzed with by DmbShn41; April 5th, 2015 at 10:01 AM. Reason: Working on posting images, not working....smh.
DmbShn41 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 6th, 2015, 12:13 PM   #2
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 6th, 2015, 12:45 PM   #3
verboten1
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): '75 CB550:.'82 XV920:.'00 KLR650:.'00 EX250:.'08 Ninja 250

MOTM - June '15
I have bought 4 or 5 of them. All $15-17. Ebay and amazon mix. They were all the same piece of plastic. Same mold flash even. I'm pretty sure no matter what you pay you're getting the samething. They are all good enough lol

Ride more, worry less.
verboten1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 6th, 2015, 03:37 PM   #4
FBR_BDavis
ninjette.org member

Name: Butch

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Whenever I'm looking for parts, whether it be windscreens or whatever, I'm always keen to know where the parts are from, and how long shipping will take.. I've ordered parts from right here in the good ol' USA that have taken 3 weeks to arrive, and have ordered parts from China that have taken 7 days.. Especially with eBay, I pay attention to the "Estimated on or before" date, as this is typically very accurate for each seller..

I know we had another thread on here discussing the pluses and minuses of knockoff windscreens.. I have a HotBodies on my bike currently, and also have two others that are knockoffs.. You wouldn't be able to tell the difference between them all if not for the HB stickers on my current windscreen..

As with anything, if you're happy with what you have, that's all that counts.. Who gives a crap what anyone else says or thinks??
FBR_BDavis is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 7th, 2015, 03:56 AM   #5
DmbShn41
Wannabe Reborn

Name: Unregistered

Motorcycle(s): Blue 2008 Ninja 250

Agreed. I know for some here, the position of the windscreen doesn't affect them, but for me at 6'1" with long legs, body position on this bike is kinda contorted. But for others, changing windscreen is merely a design preference. Just bringing my experience with this particular item as a decent one that in content with, particularly at that price.

Old April 8th, 2015, 12:19 AM   #6
FBR_BDavis
ninjette.org member

Name: Butch

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Positioning is very meaningful, and not just for taller riders.. I'm not insanely short, but even at 5'9", the normal windscreen offers little to no wind protection..

Another factor would be seating position.. Some riders are more upright than others for various reasons, whether it be height related, comfort level, etc.. So that should be taken into consideration as well..

The goal for every one of us should be to get the best bang for our bucks and be happy with what we got for what we spent.. If you're happy with a $15 windscreen, awesome.. If you've spent $100 on a windscreen and are happy, awesome.. It's all relative..
FBR_BDavis is offline   Reply With Quote