Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 2006 Ninja ZX6R-636

I just ordered this kit today.
LoD575 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 6th, 2013, 10:42 AM   #162
SSG54
ninjette.org member

Name: Benny

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250R

@RaceTech Electric any ideas on why the turn indicator only displays when i am turning right, but when i am turning left the turn indicator on the display does not go off? but the signals are all working perfect.
SSG54 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 7th, 2013, 04:57 AM   #163
dandj86
ninjette.org member

Name: Damien

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSG54 View Post
@RaceTech Electric any ideas on why the turn indicator only displays when i am turning right, but when i am turning left the turn indicator on the display does not go off? but the signals are all working perfect.
Strange problem you have there! I finished installing my gauge and voltmeter last week and everything's working fine. No issues like what you have mentioned

Do you have stock signals front and back? And the signals are working fine and flashing and turning off like normal when you use the controls on the handlebar? ie; the only issue is how the signals are displayed on the new gauge?
dandj86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 7th, 2013, 08:18 AM   #164
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 102k+ miles -- 2014 CB500X, 42k+ miles

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
Taking a wild ass guess... And attempting to read the wiring diagram for the bike...

The left signal signal looks like it activates the indicator from the green wire inside the 9 pin connector. (The right uses the gray wire inside the 3 pin.) is it possible that the wire either from the plug n play or in the stock connector is loose and not making a solid link?

I don't have my bike with me at the moment so can't look inside that part to see how it joins together but that seems like it might be the weak spot since the rest of the system is working normally.
Hold yourself to the same rules you expect others to follow.
NevadaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 9th, 2013, 05:38 PM   #165
RaceTech Electric
ninjette.org member

Name: Jordan

Motorcycle(s): 1988 FJ1100

Hey guys,
So sorry I've been out of the loop here. It occurred to me today that I never saw a response on this thread from the group buy parts i sent out. I checked my spam folder, and found that every single Ninjette.org email update had been going to junk mail. I'm not sure how that happened, but I missed every single one for the last month+. So sorry about that.

I'm glad everybodys stoked on the kits and have them installed and running.

As for the turn signal issue, that's a tough one. It should work perfectly, there is really nothing to configure for the turn indicators. The PnP kit takes care of that. Like DandJ said, are they the stock t/s bulbs? are they working fine on their own? Do they cancel fine? I'm really not sure what would cause this. It's just the indicator on the dash that doesn't light correctly? Please give me some more info and I'll try and help. You can give me a call as well.

www.racetechelectric.com
RaceTech Electric is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 9th, 2013, 05:42 PM   #166
RaceTech Electric
ninjette.org member

Name: Jordan

Motorcycle(s): 1988 FJ1100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red250R View Post
@RaceTech Electric I do have one suggestion/constructive criticism. The piece that holds the water temperature sensor. Why not make it a 45 degree angle piece instead of a straight piece. It'll be a lot easier to install because it will be bent the same direction the hose already wants to go because of the radiator. It'll require you to cut a little bit more out of the hose but fitment will be a lot better and it'll be more streamlined.
Hey Red, see my other post, all my msgs were going to spam. I just saw this post from you. When I installed the kit for my instruction video, I actually thought the same thing. It does need to be angled to install easier. It's kind of a PITA with the straight hose piece. I will mention this to Koso to see if it can be updated. However since they already stock these and have probably already built thousands, I doubt we'll see a change anytime soon. I will mention it though.
Thanks for the advice!

www.racetechelectric.com
RaceTech Electric is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 9th, 2013, 05:56 PM   #167
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Fan mode! I love it.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 9th, 2013, 06:24 PM   #168
Red250R
ninjette.org guru

Name: Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceTech Electric View Post
Hey Red, see my other post, all my msgs were going to spam. I just saw this post from you. When I installed the kit for my instruction video, I actually thought the same thing. It does need to be angled to install easier. It's kind of a PITA with the straight hose piece. I will mention this to Koso to see if it can be updated. However since they already stock these and have probably already built thousands, I doubt we'll see a change anytime soon. I will mention it though.
Thanks for the advice!
Yeah thats what i figured. Not to mention the fact that they probably send out the same exact piece with every kit they sell. It just so happen to be that with our bikes, the area it needs to go in is cramped already AND its a 45 degree angle. Other bikes might have more room or not angled hose like we have.
Red250R is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 19th, 2013, 04:52 PM   #169
LoD575
ninjette.org sage

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 2006 Ninja ZX6R-636

Came home to find my kit arrived. Will have a fun weekend installing the kit, doing an oil change, and flushing out the factory coolant.
LoD575 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 20th, 2013, 07:47 PM   #170
SSG54
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceTech Electric View Post
Hey guys,
So sorry I've been out of the loop here. It occurred to me today that I never saw a response on this thread from the group buy parts i sent out. I checked my spam folder, and found that every single Ninjette.org email update had been going to junk mail. I'm not sure how that happened, but I missed every single one for the last month+. So sorry about that.

I'm glad everybodys stoked on the kits and have them installed and running.

As for the turn signal issue, that's a tough one. It should work perfectly, there is really nothing to configure for the turn indicators. The PnP kit takes care of that. Like DandJ said, are they the stock t/s bulbs? are they working fine on their own? Do they cancel fine? I'm really not sure what would cause this. It's just the indicator on the dash that doesn't light correctly? Please give me some more info and I'll try and help. You can give me a call as well.
sorry i have been crazy busy and also riding all over the place, i put 3k miles on my new koso

the signals work, the only thing that does not work, is the indicator on the display when i turn left, when i turn right, the signal on the display blinks

as for canceling, both directions work perfect

i have flush mount (protons) led for the front and i have the tail light with the intergraded turn signals

Old July 20th, 2013, 07:50 PM   #171
SSG54
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandj86 View Post
Strange problem you have there! I finished installing my gauge and voltmeter last week and everything's working fine. No issues like what you have mentioned

Do you have stock signals front and back? And the signals are working fine and flashing and turning off like normal when you use the controls on the handlebar? ie; the only issue is how the signals are displayed on the new gauge?
no stock signals, i'm LED protons flush mount, and intergraded LED tail light, all the flashing is normal, its just the display on the new gauge when turning only left, when i turn right the display is blinking

Old July 23rd, 2013, 05:50 PM   #172
Ausoi
ninjette.org member

Name: Joshua

Motorcycle(s): 2008 (Black) Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Seems like the speedo on mine is reading kinda high. Am i spose to program it beforehand? the front is a normal 110, the rear is a 150 though.
Ausoi is offline   Reply With Quote