ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > !%@*#$%!)@#&!%@ I crashed!

Old December 18th, 2010, 02:00 AM   #41
ninja3575
ninjette.org addict

Name: Jimmy

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r

Just watched your video .. glad were able to walk away from such a serious accident... i also saw the photos of that wreck... that bike is totallly still ridable... with a little elbow grease and sledge hammer you could get that thing up and running on one wheel in no time...

But seriously, hope you get back on two wheels sometime soon... and you work things all out with the insurance... take care ..
ninja3575 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 18th, 2010, 02:55 AM   #42
8gauge
ninjette.org member

Name: Adam

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R Limited Edition - R.I.P. 12/2/2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja3575 View Post
Just watched your video .. glad were able to walk away from such a serious accident... i also saw the photos of that wreck... that bike is totallly still ridable... with a little elbow grease and sledge hammer you could get that thing up and running on one wheel in no time...

But seriously, hope you get back on two wheels sometime soon... and you work things all out with the insurance... take care ..
thanks, but i'm not sure how safe the bike would be if it were to be repaired. When i took those photos I was only able to stand upright from all the drugs prescribed to me at the time. Even with that, I could barely squat down and get close enough to take a close look, much less remember what I was even looking at.

I'm not too sure, but I wouldn't want to risk incurring more costs on something that might just be more trouble down the road or even be hazardous to ride. I'm guessing i'd probably have the gyroscopic effect and fly right off or be tinkering around and spending more and more trying to fix whatever problems would pop up in the future. From what I do recall, the gas tank and back might be able to be salvaged, but that's about 50% of the bike.

I'd rather just get another pre-owned bike from a reliable owner and play it safe. The P.O. from the bike that was wrecked, (a buddy from my high school years) knows the situation and knows a dozen bikes that i'd be interested in purchasing once i'm ready. So I think I'm covered in that part.

Other than that, thank you everyone for the encouraging thoughts and responses!! Ninjette.org and all it's members made the recover process much easier. Happy holidays everyone, and God bless!

Last futzed with by 8gauge; December 18th, 2010 at 02:58 AM. Reason: After a few beers, grammar and spelling fly out the window.
8gauge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 26th, 2011, 06:00 AM   #43
n4mwd
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: D

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250R, 2007 EFI Ninja 250R

I just heard about your accident. I'm glad you're OK. Sorry about the bike. Its like losing a friend.

There are all sorts of nuts on the road. A few months ago a guy attempting to make a left turn pulled in front of me and just stopped in the middle of the road when he saw me pretty much exactly as you describe happened to you. Fortunately, I had about a hundred feet to react and was able to swerve in front of him. That was risky in that he could have hit the gas and run me over, but the gamble paid off and I avoided an accident.

I hope you are feeling better and that you get another Ninja soon.
n4mwd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 26th, 2011, 07:41 AM   #44
coondog
ninjette.org sage

Name: john

Motorcycle(s): 2005 ninja 250 street fighter, 2008 street fighter ninja 500, 2001 nsr 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8gauge View Post
lol i'm not even thinking of a replacement right now, but more concentrating on making sure i can even think straight. the doctor said my "decision making skills" may be off for the next 2 weeks, which i'm guessing is common with concussions.

as soon as I get the police report... CHA-CHING!!!! which will probably leave me only with a few bucks after paying everything off
I didn't think in Guam you'd be responsible for any costs if it was the cagers fault. None at all, just like the States, plus a ongoing medical and seperate vehicle settlements. Sorry, what I mean is God blees and keep you and yours.
coondog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 26th, 2011, 10:23 AM   #45
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 zx636r

Glad your doing alright man

Hope everything is going well
Kevin2109 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 26th, 2011, 10:46 AM   #46
bdavison
Wartown, USA

Name: Bryan

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R SE, 2007 Ninja 650R, and assorted other bikes

You are one blessed dude. God was lookin out for you that day for sure.
I think I remember reading somewhere that it takes about 1000lbs of force to bend the front forks back like that. To walk away with a concussion, sprained thumb and some bruises...WOW.
bdavison is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 26th, 2011, 10:23 PM   #47
KawiKid860
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Murphey

Motorcycle(s): 2002 Honda 919, 2004 Ninja 500R NAKED

I'm a little late to this.. but glad you're okay! man you're so lucky. I've been hit by a car while riding a pedal bike before (in that case it was a stupid decision on my part) so I can relate to your accident. My advice would be to just get back riding asap if you're still interested and physically capable because the quicker you get on the less time it will take to heal mentally, hopefully. Anyways really glad you didn't get severely injured, good luck!
KawiKid860 is offline   Reply With Quote