Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Notices

Old August 3rd, 2014, 01:01 PM   #1
BaeSlippinn
ninjette.org member

Name: Max

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Plasma Blue Ninja 250

Icon Overpants

Hey guys! Was taking a look at the Overlord over pants from Icon and was trying to see if anyone had any experience with these. They have some good reviews on revzilla and I just planned to wear them over some jeans! Any input on these over pants or just over pants in general would be awesome thank you guys!
BaeSlippinn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 3rd, 2014, 04:50 PM   #2
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

Name: Harper

Motorcycle(s): 2013 SE NINJA 300

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
I have the Icon hooligans... Things flow air like crazy, an have me feeling a lot more protected than the pants, or whatever I do or don't wear under them.
Can't really speak on how they hold up in a crash; I hope to never find out
JohnnyBravo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 3rd, 2014, 05:04 PM   #3
cuong-nutz
RIP Alex

Name: Cuong

Motorcycle(s): '10 250r, '09 265r

I have them as well as their predecessors. They are just as baggy as their older line. Only thing I kind of dislike is their knee/shin padding has less coverage than their older line. Also, I would ditch their padding/guards since they will be of little benefit in a crash as they will just slide out of place. I have Icon knee/shin guards I wear under them.

I have crashed in the textiles in the older line and you better pray you're not pinned under the bike in a slide as the textile will melt pretty fast from the friction of excess weight on them.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old August 3rd, 2014, 06:09 PM   #4
Klondike1020
Intrepid Adventurer

Name: Josh

Motorcycle(s): 2004 GSXR 750 , 71 cb350streettracker, 07 Polaris Predator 500

I had a litte crash in my Icon Hooligan denims.

The breath well and the only place the jeans even began to fail are where things stabbed through. I was uninjured but it was a very slow speed crash. I unloaded 90% of my speed before I high sided.

Decent pants for a decent buck. Not track quality but far better than typical clothes
Klondike1020 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 3rd, 2014, 10:18 PM   #5
BaeSlippinn
ninjette.org member

Thank you guys so much for the input! Very helpful

Old August 4th, 2014, 05:45 AM   #6
Baron
Urban Legend

Name: Baron

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R SE - Circe

I was thinking of getting those for myself too. Glad you made this thread, now I can just sit back and be lazy about it. xD

Old August 4th, 2014, 07:09 AM   #7
cuong-nutz
RIP Alex

Name: Cuong

Motorcycle(s): '10 250r, '09 265r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron View Post
I was thinking of getting those for myself too. Glad you made this thread, now I can just sit back and be lazy about it. xD
It's great added protection and remember they are over pants and not meant to be used by itself. They do the job they're designed for but they do run slightly long so you may be stepping on them. I'm 5'11 and wear size 32. It clears the ground slightly with my boots.

Old August 4th, 2014, 04:43 PM   #8
EsrTek
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): '13 300

Had the Overlord overpants, traded them in for the Brawson overpants by ICON.

The overlord where bigger sized in waist and super long (as if they expect everyone to mend it up to proper length).

The Brawson fit true to size, and are the exact same size I had the overlords in, yet they fit perfect! Pant leg length is about perfect, if not favoring on the side of long.

Overlords had more style to them and better color options, but I wanted function over looks.
If getting the overlord try 1 size smaller than you think you need, and I'd suggest to use RevZilla for the option of free exchange and no 're-stock fee'.
EsrTek is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 4th, 2014, 06:30 PM   #9
BaeSlippinn
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsrTek View Post
Had the Overlord overpants, traded them in for the Brawson overpants by ICON.

The overlord where bigger sized in waist and super long (as if they expect everyone to mend it up to proper length).

The Brawson fit true to size, and are the exact same size I had the overlords in, yet they fit perfect! Pant leg length is about perfect, if not favoring on the side of long.

Overlords had more style to them and better color options, but I wanted function over looks.
If getting the overlord try 1 size smaller than you think you need, and I'd suggest to use RevZilla for the option of free exchange and no 're-stock fee'.
Thank you all for the input on this thread! It is very nice being part of a forum that is so active! ^^^ @EsrTek I just placed my order at RevZilla and took your advice on the one size smaller

Along with that order I purchased a Bell Qualifier in flat black along with a gold mirrored face shield!

Again thank you guys very much

Old August 5th, 2014, 05:35 AM   #10
Proteus
Daily Ninjette Rider

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R, 2015 Vespa GTS 300 IE Super, 1989 Honda Elite 80 (SOLD)

I just ordered a pair of these yesterday, hoping to have them by the end of the week. I'll report back. Planning on wearing them over jeans and my work pants (dress slacks).

Check out my music at http://www.proteusmusic.com
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 5th, 2014, 08:42 AM   #11
Baron
Urban Legend

Name: Baron

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R SE - Circe

Thanks guys. I'll probably order mine in a week or so[just have to wait for the next paycheque to come in].

Old August 5th, 2014, 10:15 AM   #12
tooblekain
ninjette.org sage

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Triumph Bonneville; 2008 Ninja 250r (trackbike)

I have the Icon Automags...which are the full leather overpants...crashed twice in them...still holding solid.

I love them
*CVMA #312*SoCal Trackdays*BigHeadz Racing*Motion Pro*Factory Effex*Leatt Brace* Racetech *Bell * Woodcraft CFM*Vortex*Hotbodies*Surface Sun Systems*Braking*LiveWire Energy*Freegun Underwear
tooblekain is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 7th, 2014, 09:23 PM   #13
Proteus
Daily Ninjette Rider

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R, 2015 Vespa GTS 300 IE Super, 1989 Honda Elite 80 (SOLD)

So I just got these today, haven't worn them on the bike yet.

They feel well made, and like everyone else said they look kind of baggy and seem long. Not a problem with boots on.

The knee protector can be adjusted by slipping it into one of three slots inside.

I've never had MC pants before, where are the knee protectors supposed to sit? With them at the highest possible when I am standing they are right below my knees. When sitting they cover my knees. If I drop to my knees on the floor they cover them perfectly. Is that how they're supposed to fit? I guess the important thing is if they cover my knees in a spill? It's just a bit odd to me that they don't cover my knees when I'm standing.

Old August 7th, 2014, 10:28 PM   #14
BaeSlippinn
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
So I just got these today, haven't worn them on the bike yet.

They feel well made, and like everyone else said they look kind of baggy and seem long. Not a problem with boots on.

The knee protector can be adjusted by slipping it into one of three slots inside.

I've never had MC pants before, where are the knee protectors supposed to sit? With them at the highest possible when I am standing they are right below my knees. When sitting they cover my knees. If I drop to my knees on the floor they cover them perfectly. Is that how they're supposed to fit? I guess the important thing is if they cover my knees in a spill? It's just a bit odd to me that they don't cover my knees when I'm standing.
Glad you like them mine are still en route! Yes as far as I understand you have your knee protection setup perfectly they need to be covering your knees perfectly when you are sitting on the bike it is okay if they are slightly off when you are standing

Old August 8th, 2014, 08:12 AM   #15
Proteus
Daily Ninjette Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaeSlippinn View Post
Glad you like them mine are still en route! Yes as far as I understand you have your knee protection setup perfectly they need to be covering your knees perfectly when you are sitting on the bike it is okay if they are slightly off when you are standing
I wore them on my ride to work this morning. The knee pads are in the right position when I'm on the bike. They were comfortable, and I wasn't hot at all wearing them over dress slacks on an 80 degree morning.

Old August 8th, 2014, 11:36 AM   #16
BaeSlippinn
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
I wore them on my ride to work this morning. The knee pads are in the right position when I'm on the bike. They were comfortable, and I wasn't hot at all wearing them over dress slacks on an 80 degree morning.
DUDE yes! I have to wear slacks to my job as well I'm so glad you said that haha

Can't wait to have these bad boys