ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old April 8th, 2011, 12:25 AM   #1
danjaho
two ninjas, no regrets.

Name: Dane

Motorcycle(s): RED 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R... Special Edition 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Flasher relay question!!!!!

Ok so for the last 3 or more weeks ive been having trouble solving my turn signal issue's. i installed proton flush mount LED turn signals on the front and a Hotbodies undertail with LED turn signals aswelll..

i heard the stock flasher relay didnt work so i went out and bought a Tridon LL552 Long Life Electronic Flasher hoping it would fix the problem.. but nope the back signals stayed on and the front ones only blinked when i revved the bike?

so people told me to buy a LED flasher relay so i spent 12$ on one from superbrightleds.com but since im currently living in toronto they only ship to canada if you spend more then 30$. anyways that worked even worse than the tridon LL552. i didnt get squat from it no lights and not even the turn signal indicator on my Koso RX-2.

after loads of stress i decided to say F it and put the stock flasher relay back in. out of nowhere i tested the turn signals with it and they worked? the Hotbodies undertail lights stay solid but the protons strobe like i wired them to.

I read somewhere if i add 8ohm resistors to the wires they will flash? do i try this? does anyone know if its illegal to have solid lights? i mean the front signals strobe? this is the closest ive came to normal operating signals and in all honesty i could have spent a night at the bar with money ive spent on these stupid relays that don't work.
danjaho is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 8th, 2011, 11:44 AM   #2
HKr1
IC2(SW)

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): .

Electronic flasher should work for blink rate. I know this one works:
http://www.tobefast.com/c-led-electr...-10001075.html

For your bike, the new dash has seperate L & R indicators. You wire them in right?

If it was me.... I would jump the flasher connector together. This way nothing will blink. Turn on the Left side, do all three lights work? Turn on right side, do all three lights work??
If L/R sides dont work properly, its in your wiring somewhere... If they work normal(without blinking) Get the correct electronic flasher.

If you wanna do the resistor thing, Its like 20 ohms per led sig. 20/20 on one side would be 10 ohms.... 8 would be close.
HKr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 8th, 2011, 02:24 PM   #3
danjaho
two ninjas, no regrets.

Name: Dane

Motorcycle(s): RED 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R... Special Edition 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Thanks, its definitely something ill look into! and for the wiring, when i bought my Koso RX-2 guage i also bought the Plug and Play kit so all the wiring was already done for me. i honestly believe the LED flasher relay i bought just wasn't the right one. and i think i might do the resistor's just to see how it goes because i already dropped over 100$ on relays that dont work and im kinda sick of spending money on stuff i cant use or return.
danjaho is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 8th, 2011, 02:47 PM   #4
nattygirl
ninjette.org guru

Name: Natalie

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 Special Edition Red/Black

If you have leds in the front and leds in the back, you have to do the diode mod. All the led relays in the world, still won't get it working correctly until you do both.

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showt...ighlight=diode

Edit:
Actually, I might be wrong. I just reread your first post and didn't realize you have a Koso Gauge. I'm not sure if the diode mode will still apply since the Koso gauge is digital, but might be something to look into.

Old April 8th, 2011, 03:03 PM   #5
HKr1
IC2(SW)

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): .

Quote:
Originally Posted by nattygirl View Post
If you have leds in the front and leds in the back, you have to do the diode mod. All the led relays in the world, still won't get it working correctly until you do both.
Resistors would do the same thing.
His dash is probably wired right, being both L/R wires go that way & just need ground to work.

Thats why the best idea is to jump the relay connector. Will make sure all lights work properly. Will stop him from chasing his tail
HKr1 is offline   Reply With Quote