ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Marketplace > Motorcycle-related

Old February 22nd, 2016, 03:55 PM   #1
HoneyBadgerRy
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): 05 Ninja 250, 04 KTM 625 SMC, 01 Xc250

Review of DCMoney Wheel Spacers

If this is the wrong location please move it, but I feel like this is a useful post.

A fellow member @DCMoney makes wheel spacers, they are if excellent quality, they arrive quick, and he is great to work with. If you order a regular one it comes with a 16.30mm ID to fit loosely on your 15mm axel. You can also order then with tighter tolerances, I ordered one with 15.1mm ID and it fits great. DCMoney figured out the length for the newgen spacer and I'm sure it works great if you have a newgen. (I was the first to order one for both the newgen, and the pregen, however I don't have a newgen). I measured a appropriate length of 41.5mm for the pregen and I got pricesly what I ordered. The measurement I provided was a hair on the long side, but it fits nicely. If I were to do it over again, I would order it in the length of 41mm, with an ID of 15.1mm. If you have a trailtech vapor, I highly suggest you contact him and buy your own spacer.

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.

Old February 22nd, 2016, 04:21 PM   #2
RacinNinja
Vintage Screwball

Name: B

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250, 2008 Ninja 250, 2019 KTM 1290SDR, 2017 FZ10

MOTM - Mar '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyBadgerRy View Post
If this is the wrong location please move it, but I feel like this is a useful post.

A fellow member @DCMoney makes wheel spacers, they are if excellent quality, they arrive quick, and he is great to work with. If you order a regular one it comes with a 16.30mm ID to fit loosely on your 15mm axel. You can also order then with tighter tolerances, I ordered one with 15.1mm ID and it fits great. DCMoney figured out the length for the newgen spacer and I'm sure it works great if you have a newgen. (I was the first to order one for both the newgen, and the pregen, however I don't have a newgen). I measured a appropriate length of 41.5mm for the pregen and I got pricesly what I ordered. The measurement I provided was a hair on the long side, but it fits nicely. If I were to do it over again, I would order it in the length of 41mm, with an ID of 15.1mm. If you have a trailtech vapor, I highly suggest you contact him and buy your own spacer.
I bought a new gen spacer couple weeks ago. Fits like a glove and works great!

RacinNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 22nd, 2016, 08:35 PM   #3
choneofakind

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
I've seen these referenced a couple times. What's the purpose? Captured so they don't come out when the wheel is removed? orrrr...?
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 22nd, 2016, 08:41 PM   #4
chugs
Schönen Tag noch

Name: c

Motorcycle(s): 08 ninja 250 race bike, 02 gixxer 600 telefonica

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
I've seen these referenced a couple times. What's the purpose? Captured so they don't come out when the wheel is removed? orrrr...?
If no speedo is needed, it just replaces the speedo cable gear.

chugs is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 22nd, 2016, 09:00 PM   #5
RacinNinja
Vintage Screwball

MOTM - Mar '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by chugs View Post

Hey, nice picture!!

Old February 22nd, 2016, 09:12 PM   #6
chugs
Schönen Tag noch

Name: c

Motorcycle(s): 08 ninja 250 race bike, 02 gixxer 600 telefonica

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacinNinja View Post
Hey, nice picture!!
I know right? It was posted on some squidish forum.
chugs is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 23rd, 2016, 06:03 AM   #7
DCMoney
ninjette.org guru

Name: Andrew

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 1198s, Triumph D675, Suzuki SV1000s, `08 Ninja 250, `11 Ninja 250, Suzuki GS750

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyBadgerRy View Post

Thanks for the review, glad to see it worked out. Id be happy to fix the length if you wanted to send it back.

To clarify the IDs, to keep cost low I use a 5/8" drill bit 15.88mm. The spacers I have sitting around measure out to 16mm. If I have to use a boring bar prices go up. Having a tight ID on a spacer doesn't do anything for you.

Old February 23rd, 2016, 11:28 AM   #8
Yamahawk
Chaplain

Name: Charlie

Motorcycle(s): 75 RD350 race bike, 82 XZ550RJ Vision, 81 XV920RH, 89 VTR250 Interceptor race bike, 06 Concours, 86 EX250E1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chugs View Post

The spacer here seems to have a seal around it - I am wondering what he used. Do you also remove the speedo drive coupler that is held in the wheel hub with a circlip? Then instal the spacer?

Old February 23rd, 2016, 11:39 AM   #9
HoneyBadgerRy

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): 05 Ninja 250, 04 KTM 625 SMC, 01 Xc250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamahawk View Post
The spacer here seems to have a seal around it - I am wondering what he used. Do you also remove the speedo drive coupler that is held in the wheel hub with a circlip? Then instal the spacer?
I removed my speedo coupler.

Old February 24th, 2016, 03:20 AM   #10
RacinNinja
Vintage Screwball

MOTM - Mar '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamahawk View Post
No seal. The drive for the speedo is still there on the wheel. This is a race only bike and after talking with other racers decided to not run a seal.