ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Group Rides and Local Events

Old October 3rd, 2012, 12:57 AM   #1
Kokosun
Are you sure about that?

Name: That's "Sir" to you!

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R-F16, Versys KLE650 CAF

South-East England Anyone?

I looked on the member map, and saw that there are just a handful of members in the UK, and four within 100miles of me. But, this could simply be because members haven't put their details into the map.

Sooooo ... I was wondering. If you're in the SE of England, and would be interested in going out for a ride sometime, post here or send me a private message. There are lots of great rides (listed on BBR) near us, and it'd be fun to get together sometime.
Kokosun is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 4th, 2012, 07:46 AM   #2
dooby
ninjette.org member

Name: Pete

Motorcycle(s): '11 250R SE (FI), '14 Daytona 675, '14 Sprint 1050 GT SE

I added myself, and it put me in Cambridge, MA. D'oh! Fixed now to Cambridge, UK.

I have actually ridden past another 2011 SE in Cambridge, but they're not on the map.

I keep thinking that the bike's laid up for winter, but if we keep getting autumn days like this, I'll keep riding to work...

Cheers, Pete
dooby is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 4th, 2012, 07:50 AM   #3
Kokosun
Are you sure about that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dooby View Post
I keep thinking that the bike's laid up for winter, but if we keep getting autumn days like this, I'll keep riding to work...

Cheers, Pete
I'm definitely not laying it up for winter. Just today I did a great ride;

A40 Gerrards Cross to Milton Common
A329 Milton Common to Aylesbury
A413 Aylesbury to Gerrards Cross

The A413 stretch from Aylesbury to Amersham was particularly nice.

Attached, a picture of the bike on Wycombe Hill (I stopped off to checkout where the Hellfire Caves are).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1210CX4 - Ninjette on Hill.jpg (82.3 KB, 3 views)

Old October 4th, 2012, 11:10 AM   #4
Whiskey
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Morgan

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250, 2010 STR 675

I used to be around there, @akima is in that general area too.
Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 4th, 2012, 12:05 PM   #5
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
Hello! I'm down for a ninjette group ride! I live near Cambridge. Might have been me you've seen @dooby. I have a green 2011 SE ninjette. I've just had it serviced and it's singing!
akima is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 4th, 2012, 12:17 PM   #6
Kokosun
Are you sure about that?

Well. I think that if we can four or five of us to get together, it'd be worthwhile.

Old October 5th, 2012, 01:19 AM   #7
dooby
ninjette.org member

Name: Pete

Motorcycle(s): '11 250R SE (FI), '14 Daytona 675, '14 Sprint 1050 GT SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by akima View Post
I live near Cambridge. Might have been me you've seen dooby. I have a green 2011 SE ninjette. I've just had it serviced and it's singing!
Probably was then - I would still have been on my white CBF125 with 'L' plates though, so I may not have stood out :-)

I was on The Fen Causeway heading towards the Shell garage.

I'm really enjoying the bike now it's broken in and had its 600 mile service. I worked out it has the same bhp/tonne as my track car, though that goes above 140mph...

I've no experience of group riding other than pootling around with the missus on her 125 scooter, and am still very much in the "learning the craft" stage I think. Concentrating on hugging the tank and keeping light grip on the bars, maintaining throttle in turns and other rudimentary stuff.

I've managed to rack up 3.5 thousand miles, so I've had the opportunity to learn from a few unexpected situations in that time!

If I wouldn't be a hindrance on a group ride I'd be interested some time.

Cheers, Pete
dooby is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 5th, 2012, 01:22 AM   #8
Kokosun
Are you sure about that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dooby View Post
If I wouldn't be a hindrance on a group ride I'd be interested some time.Cheers, Pete
I don't think that ability is a factor, and I'm guessing that we could all learn something from each other. It looks as if there's a critical mass to the east of London, so perhaps we should look for something there. Does anybody know a good ride out east? Maybe a 60-90 minute journey?

I was looking on BBR, and there looks to be a few good rides near Stevenage, which wouldn't be too far for a few of us to meet up. For instance; Letchworth -> Hitchin -> Barton -> Elstow -> Willington -> Sandy -> Biggleswade -> Baldock.

Old October 5th, 2012, 10:29 AM   #9
akima
Nooblet

MOTM - Oct '13
@dooby: I had such a great time in those first 1000 miles on my ninjette. So much to learn and so much excitement even at low speeds. It's awesome how the ninjette can be compared in many ways to expensive high performance cars!

You being a noobie doesn't bother me in terms of group rides. I'm kind of a noobie too. I've been riding for a year and a bit.
@Kokosun: I don't know of any good roads near London.

* akima prods @Tony B *

Last futzed with by akima; October 28th, 2012 at 02:42 PM.

Old October 5th, 2012, 11:42 AM   #10
jack_bm
Ex ninjette!

Name: Jack

Motorcycle(s): Suzuki GSXR 600 K4, Kawasaki ninja 250r 08

Quote:
@dooby: I had such a great time in those first 1000 miles on my ninjette. So much to learn and so much excitement even at low speeds. It's awesome how the ninjette can be compared in many ways to expensive high performance cars!

You being a noobie doesn't bother me in terms of group rides. I'm kind of a noobie too. I've been riding for a year and a bit.
@Kokosun: I don't know of any good roads near London.

* akima prods @Tony B *
Thats because all the good rodes are Rye, Camber, Lydd ;D which might just happen to be really close to me haha if im free i'll be down for a ride though

Old October 5th, 2012, 12:27 PM   #11
Kokosun
Are you sure about that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack_bm View Post
Thats because all the good rodes are Rye, Camber, Lydd ;D which might just happen to be really close to me haha if im free i'll be down for a ride though
I don't know Sussex at all, but I know that it's supposed to be nice. I'd be up for a trip there if we could persuade some others to join. Perhaps meet up in Hastings.

Old October 5th, 2012, 12:30 PM   #12
jack_bm
Ex ninjette!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokosun View Post
I don't know Sussex at all, but I know that it's supposed to be nice. I'd be up for a trip there if we could persuade some others to join. Perhaps meet up in Hastings.
Yeah i know the roads pretty well and seeing as im from Hastings i dont mind meeting people say Eastbourn so we can do the beachy head road apparently its really good then head over towards rye/camber where i know there is nice roads Depends how much riding people want to do

Old October 5th, 2012, 12:34 PM   #13
Kokosun
Are you sure about that?

Quote:
I dont mind meeting people say Eastbourn so we can do the beachy head road apparently its really good then head over towards rye/camber where i know there is nice roads Depends how much riding people want to do
Hmm!

That sounds like it could be fun.

Who might be interested in a meet in Eastbourne, followed by an (eastward) coastal ride for an hour? Some of us might be able to meet up along the way and/or ride together on the way back.

Old October 6th, 2012, 01:22 AM   #14
Tony B
ninjette.org member

Name: Tony

Motorcycle(s): GPX250 + many others!

Hi all, I'm in Woking, Surrey, but don't really have much time for getting out on my own, and to be honest, not really up for group rides. I do go out sometimes with the Vintage club, but we keep the speed down as most of the riders are in their 70's, and the bikes aren't much younger !
I've actually been trying to sell my two Ninjettes, but without much luck, am up to about 8 or 9 bikes at the moment and I don't have the time and space to keep up with them all. My son turned 11 a few weeks ago, he has his own kit now, and I took him for his first proper ride last week, but only around town, he loved it. We also gave him a 1970 Mobylette that I obtained from a job lot of autojumble stuff, as he said he wanted a motorbike !!
Tony B is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 6th, 2012, 03:36 AM   #15
jack_bm
Ex ninjette!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony B View Post
Hi all, I'm in Woking, Surrey, but don't really have much time for getting out on my own, and to be honest, not really up for group rides. I do go out sometimes with the Vintage club, but we keep the speed down as most of the riders are in their 70's, and the bikes aren't much younger !
I've actually been trying to sell my two Ninjettes, but without much luck, am up to about 8 or 9 bikes at the moment and I don't have the time and space to keep up with them all. My son turned 11 a few weeks ago, he has his own kit now, and I took him for his first proper ride last week, but only around town, he loved it. We also gave him a 1970 Mobylette that I obtained from a job lot of autojumble stuff, as he said he wanted a motorbike !!
haha wish i had a bike at that age!! If i know of anyone wanting to get a bike and they want a ninja ill get there details and pass it on to you.. what are they pre gen or 2008+

Old October 6th, 2012, 09:43 AM   #16
akima
Nooblet

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony B View Post
There's a guy I work with that has shown interest in buying a pregen.

Old October 7th, 2012, 12:16 AM   #17
Tony B
ninjette.org member

Quote:
haha wish i had a bike at that age!! If i know of anyone wanting to get a bike and they want a ninja ill get there details and pass it on to you.. what are they pre gen or 2008+

Hi, pre-gen, a pair of '89's, one an 'F', the other a 'G'.

Cheers, Tony.

Old October 7th, 2012, 12:19 AM   #18
Tony B
ninjette.org member

Quote:
There's a guy I work with that has shown interest in buying a pregen.
Hi Akima, I'm awaiting a reply from another Ninjette member who has shown interest, but feel free to get your work colleague to contact me. He could join the forum and pm me, or I'll send you my personal email if that's what he would prefer.

Old October 28th, 2012, 02:22 PM   #19
Joshorilla
Bass Master General

Thumbs up

I'll keep an eye on this thread, i've been looking into taking the bike to the UK for a bit of a holiday, and Portsmouth / Poole / Weymouth being the ferry points wouldn't be too far off from you guys in the south east.
Joshorilla is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 1st, 2013, 09:07 AM   #20
Kokosun
Are you sure about that?

If anybody's interested, I'm planning an A24 ride this Sunday. Right now, tentative details are:

09:30'ish: Meet at Rykas Cafe (A24 just north of Dorking)
10:00'ish: Head off south on A24.
11:00'ish: Arrive in Worthing - Park, get a coffee.
12:00'ish: Head back north, along A24 (or perhaps another route).
13:00'ish: Arrive back at Rykas and go separate ways

Right now, there are just two of us planning to go - me (on a Ninjette) and a neighbour on his BMW 1200. There may also be a Ducati Monster, but he's TBD.

Old July 2nd, 2013, 03:41 PM   #21
jack_bm
Ex ninjette!

Would say I'd meet you in Worthing for a bit but unfortunately crashed the bike last week so busy trying to getparts for her n getting that sorted have a safe ride though

Old July 2nd, 2013, 11:39 PM   #22
Kokosun
Are you sure about that?

Quote:
Would say I'd meet you in Worthing for a bit but unfortunately crashed the bike last week so busy trying to getparts for her n getting that sorted have a safe ride though
Oh no. Sorry to hear that, but glad to hear that you're OK.

Old July 3rd, 2013, 04:00 AM   #23
Kokosun
Are you sure about that?

July 7 - 1000h - Dorking to Working (A24) and Back

My neighbour (on his BMW) and I are definitely doing the ride this Sunday. Schedule has fell back a little:

09:00'ish: Depart Chorleywood (near Watford).
10:00'ish: Re-group at Rykas Cafe (near Dorking) then head south on A24.
11:00'ish: Arrive in Worthing - Park, get a coffee (and maybe fish 'n' chips).
12:00'ish: Head back north, along A24 (or perhaps another route).

If you're interested in connecting, either at Chorleywood, Rykas Cafe, or Worthing (we're targeting finding somewhere to stop near the pier) ... let me know and I'll look out for you.

It looks like it's going to be a beautiful weekend - perfect for biking.

Old August 12th, 2013, 01:54 AM   #24
Kokosun
Are you sure about that?

The weather's looking reasonably good for this Friday (16th), so I'm planning a trip to Brands Hatch. It's a BMCRC testing day, ahead of racing on Saturday and Sunday with free admission and free parking. I don't know if the action on the track will be anything special, but it's really just an excuse to go for a ride and take a look at an iconic race track. If you're interested in meeting up, respond in this thread. The track opens (for testing) at 0900h. I was thinking that I'd target getting there at track opening, and hang around for a few hours - depending on how interesting it was.