ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > !%@*#$%!)@#&!%@ I crashed!

Old May 29th, 2009, 12:41 PM   #1
DirtyBoy
ninjette.org member

Name: Leo

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250R

The inevitable finally happened

Last night I was heading eastbound in the right lane getting ready to turn right into a shopping center. As I was was slowing down, a car in the westbound turning lane (making a left into the same plaza) decided to make the turn in front of me rather that wait a few seconds. I was able to go around the back of her car and made the turn. As I was pulling in I saw her arm go out the window making a "WTF" gesture. She was driving on a curved road that leads to the front of the store and I was riding beside her were the parking spaces are following the directional arrow. I threw up my hand and said "What the hell is your problem, you're the one that almost hit me". I was coming to a complete stop where that meets the curved part of the road where she was. She was in front of me at that point (right side of her car was to the front of my bike) and deliberatley turned to the right and hit me causing me to drop the bike on the right side. Other than a sore right knee i'm ok. The bike has a cracked uppercowling, scracthed left cowling, bent rear brake lever, scratched exhaust, scraped up bar end and brake lever. My helmet is also scuffed from where my head hit the ground.
49T sprkt/ EK gold chain/ Galfer pads and SS lines/120 frt 150 rr Pilot Powers/ GSX-R can/Desnorkled/ Raised needles/ Slider spools/ Cowl/ LED rear signals/ Fender eliminator/ Tinted lights / Emu seat
DirtyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 29th, 2009, 12:56 PM   #2
tjkamper
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Travis

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R

Good thing you were wearing a helmet. I'm glad you're alright. Hope you can get your bike fixed up soon. That is the main reason whenever someone does something stupid I get as far away from them as I can. Following them only gets you in trouble. If they made one stupid move, they will probably make another. Good drivers may make a mistake now and then, but most of the time the stupid moves are bad habits, not accidents.

Did you get her plates and get a police report?

How is your neck? I was in a bad car accident about 9 years ago (stupid lady rearended the car behind me and totaled all three cars at a stoplight). I don't like people who cry whiplash, but that scronny piece of flesh holding my enormous head on my sholders has never been the same.

Old May 29th, 2009, 01:02 PM   #3
optikal
ninjette.org member

Name: Piyush

Motorcycle(s): None Yet!

Man, that is cruel!
Hope she good booked for assault with a deadly weapon!
optikal is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 29th, 2009, 01:04 PM   #4
capt_bugaloo
motorcycle rider

Name: Bruce

Motorcycle(s): '14 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom (silver)

Quote:
She was in front of me at that point (right side of her car was to the front of my bike) and deliberatley turned to the right and hit me causing me to drop the bike on the right side.
Then what happened?

Old May 29th, 2009, 01:09 PM   #5
DirtyBoy
ninjette.org member

My neck feels fine. No police report was made because it was on private property. All I have is an incident number that just shows that they came out. She wasn't charged with anything because she immediatley stopped after she hit me . If she would have kept going or tried to run me over after I went down then she would have been screwed. She told the cops she felt threatened by me and didn't know she hit me until she saw me lay the bike down. I wasn't following her, I was just trying to get to the store.
49T sprkt/ EK gold chain/ Galfer pads and SS lines/120 frt 150 rr Pilot Powers/ GSX-R can/Desnorkled/ Raised needles/ Slider spools/ Cowl/ LED rear signals/ Fender eliminator/ Tinted lights / Emu seat

Old May 29th, 2009, 01:14 PM   #6
CC Cowboy

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Next time don't say a word and when they get out of the car cold cock the driver. You'd be surprised how satisfying it is.

Old May 29th, 2009, 01:15 PM   #7
tjkamper

will it by on her insurance? Those plastics are not cheap.

Old May 29th, 2009, 01:18 PM   #8
Snake

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
I realy hate that that happened to you. Some cagers like that feel as if they own the road.
I don't like the title of your thread "the inevitable finaly happened." I feel all accidents are avoidable. We just have to give stupid drivers like that extra room.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 29th, 2009, 01:18 PM   #9
tjkamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Cowboy View Post
Next time don't say a word and when they get out of the car cold cock the driver. You'd be surprised how satisfying it is.

Yeah that kinda only works if it's a dude. If not there is some level of restraint that must be shown.

Old May 29th, 2009, 01:21 PM   #10
DirtyBoy
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_bugaloo View Post
Then what happened?
A yelling match. Then i told her to move her car so I could pick up my bike up. She pulled into a parking spot and we both called the cops. I walked up to her car to ask if she had already called the cops and began yelling at me to get away from her car because she felt threatened by me. I said "You feel threatened by me? You hit me with your car you dumb bitch". Then the psycho covered her ear (had a phone to her other ear) and tilted her head back so i walked to my bike and waited for the fuzz to show up. The first officer that showed up talked to her for a minute then he came over to me and asked what happened. Both stories matched up, so the officer got her insurance information for me and got mine for hers. Then were were sent on our way. All that just because I wanted to go get the new issue of Sport Rider

Old May 29th, 2009, 01:26 PM   #11
DirtyBoy
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake View Post
I realy hate that that happened to you. Some cagers like that feel as if they own the road.
I don't like the title of your thread "the inevitable finaly happened." I feel all accidents are avoidable. We just have to give stupid drivers like that extra room.
I meant inevitable in the sense that I had to deal with an idiot. I agree, I could have avoided the situation by staying way back but I never thought someone would go out of thier way to hit me on purpose. Lesson learned.

Old May 29th, 2009, 01:32 PM   #12
DirtyBoy
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkamper View Post
will it by on her insurance? Those plastics are not cheap.
I am going to put it on my insurance and have them go after hers. I know that because it was on private property it will be a PITA to deal with, so this would be an easier route for me. The repair estimate is $1,115.01 from the dealer. Helmet is $638.92. My GSXR exhaust was also damaged, so I went to a Suzuki dealer to see how much the stock can is. They gave me a price of $1169 otd.

Old May 29th, 2009, 01:36 PM   #13
DirtyBoy
ninjette.org member

Quote:
I can't hit a chick. I'll shake the $hit out of one though j/k.

Old May 29th, 2009, 01:50 PM   #14
Cali619
Giggity Giggity

Name: Ryam

Motorcycle(s): 08 ninja 250R aka Hiryu

bummer that happened to you. Even if a driver is at fault I would just get the heck away from them. Road rage is stupid but happens and im fortunate to be in a city where I would say 90% of the people in a car are aware of motorcycles and will actually make space for me to split a lane. As far as coming toward a car pulling out into my lane I always have the mind set that they dont see me until I see them looking right at me, ill give a friendly wave to let them know "thanks for seeing me and not running me over".
Facebook DY Fender chop, Danmoto CB slip-on w/baffle, Airbox removed, Kleen-air removed, shimmed needles, Mikuni #117.5 Main jets, K&N RU-1822 air filter pods
Cali619 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 29th, 2009, 01:51 PM   #15
Cali619
Giggity Giggity

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyBoy View Post
eeeew better bring some toilet paper if you do that though
Facebook DY Fender chop, Danmoto CB slip-on w/baffle, Airbox removed, Kleen-air removed, shimmed needles, Mikuni #117.5 Main jets, K&N RU-1822 air filter pods

Old May 29th, 2009, 03:32 PM   #16
Flashmonkey
Professional belly dancer

Name: James

Motorcycle(s): 1992 GSX-R 750

Quote:
You shoulda beat the living daylights out of her car then!
Flashmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 29th, 2009, 03:53 PM   #17
DirtyBoy
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashmonkey View Post
Not worth it. It was a POS 1988 Lincoln Continental. I doubt anyone would care too much about it.

Last futzed with by DirtyBoy; May 29th, 2009 at 07:45 PM.

Old May 29th, 2009, 04:24 PM   #18
eddylz18
ninjette.org member

Name: eddy

Motorcycle(s): 09 kawasaki ninja 250r

hope ur ok bro
but i get u i was in a hit and run three weaks ago
that B.... cliped me and he got on the fwy

Old May 29th, 2009, 04:40 PM   #19
CC Cowboy

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
I would never hit a lady either (but not all females are ladies). You could always draw a mustash and sideburns on the girl then whack away.

Old June 1st, 2009, 01:19 PM   #20
beowuff
ninjette.org member

Name: Yancy

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

Well, I think you have more restraint then me. I would have told the cops I wanted to press charges for attempted murder from her hitting your bike. There's no way she "did't see you" the second time. She made a "WTF" gesture before hitting you, right? Seems pretty deliberate to me!

Anyway, glad you all had insurance, so the bike (and you!) will be taken care of.
beowuff is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 1st, 2009, 11:46 PM   #21
miks
I'm lovin' it.

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): '09 Black 250R

Glad to hear that your okay. Hope all goes well.

But if it was me, I would have opened a can of whoop ass on her and her car!

Father: You can't do both son.
miks is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 2nd, 2009, 06:37 AM   #22
CC Cowboy

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Quote:

Yeah that kinda only works if it's a dude. If not there is some level of restraint that must be shown.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashmonkey View Post
That reminds me of the joke "what do you tell an asshole. loser, jerk with two black eyes"?

Nothing, you already told them twice.

Old June 2nd, 2009, 07:00 AM   #23
addy126

Name: addy126

Motorcycle(s): '09 Kawasaki N-250 + '09 Vulcan 900 Classic Lt

Quote:

Travis.... females are always whining about equality! Don't let the female "wiles" catch you off guard.....nor the tears and fear excuse that crops up when they know they are in the wrong...I know my own kind... you guys need to toughen up and give them that equality they moan about so much "one small tap" will do it when it comes to running a motorbike down! I have more trouble with women cutting me off, crowding me over, illegal merges and left turns then"flashing the bird" after their incessant violations of driving laws. U shudda just returned a little later and covertly keyed the car anyway just for that moment of "revenge".... oh yeah and for all those that have "done me" on the roadways, here... ... take that!
addy126 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 2nd, 2009, 07:03 AM   #24
CC Cowboy

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
I still like the idea of smashing the driver's side mirror. Let her explain that to the hubby when she gets home.

Old June 2nd, 2009, 07:15 AM   #25
addy126

Quote:
I still like the idea of smashing the driver's side mirror. Let her explain that to the hubby when she gets home.
"An eye for an eye" is a good thing no matter how it is doled out.. <grin>

Old June 2nd, 2009, 07:21 AM   #26
Cali619
Giggity Giggity

Quote:
Originally Posted by addy126 View Post
Travis.... females are always whining about equality! Don't let the female "wiles" catch you off guard.....nor the tears and fear excuse that crops up when they know they are in the wrong...I know my own kind... you guys need to toughen up and give them that equality they moan about so much "one small tap" will do it when it comes to running a motorbike down! I have more trouble with women cutting me off, crowding me over, illegal merges and left turns then"flashing the bird" after their incessant violations of driving laws. U shudda just returned a little later and covertly keyed the car anyway just for that moment of "revenge".... oh yeah and for all those that have "done me" on the roadways, here... ... take that!
I have never hit(closed fist) or slapped(except booty) a woman before, I do admit I sometimes will playfully wrestle one down to pin them and... oh wait this thread is about something else...

Yeah I dont think I would hit a girl unless I knew it was life or death, but if intentionally trying to hit me with the car qualifies...

Old June 2nd, 2009, 07:34 AM   #27
TrueFaith
ninjette.org sage

Name: Wayne

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Honda CBR250R

You're on a bike and she's driving a boat of a Continental and she feels threatened? I doubt I would have gotten myself in that situation. Whenever I see a driver doing anything even slightly weird in front of me I back way off. You have no idea what some of these asshats on the road are capable of and they WILL surprise you with their stupidity if you get close enough to give them a chance. But intentionally hitting you with her car? If that had happened to me it would have taken every bit of restraint I had not to punch her lights out right there, female or not.
TrueFaith is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 2nd, 2009, 08:50 AM   #28
cifex
ninjette.org guru

Name: Z

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R (sold)

http://www.motorcyclists-against-dumb-drivers.com

Don't let her pull that ****. Press charges.
cifex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 2nd, 2009, 08:50 PM   #29
addy126

Quote:
Originally Posted by cifex View Post
http://www.motorcyclists-against-dumb-drivers.com

Don't let her pull that ****. Press charges.
Thanx for that link.

Old June 2nd, 2009, 08:55 PM   #30
Chamus57
ninjette.org member

Name: Lee

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250r se

That SUCKS!!! I'm gald you are okay and sorry the bike got bent up. I am for the idea to press charges.
Chamus57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 2nd, 2009, 09:48 PM   #31
Nickds7
ninjette.org guru

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r

You need to get an attorney. Prove it was deliberate by her already seeing you and making intimidating gestures and then hit you. She was probably trying to scare you with her car and then accidentally hit you. Go after her, if you think this is the case.
Nickds7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 2nd, 2009, 09:54 PM   #32
miks
I'm lovin' it.

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): '09 Black 250R

I'm with Nick, you should go after her ... with a chainsaw!

Father: You can't do both son.
miks is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 3rd, 2009, 04:49 AM   #33
cifex
ninjette.org guru

Name: Z

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R (sold)

Call me crazy but I am pretty sure when you press criminal charges, you go to the police, they perform an investigation. Not sure what you would need an attorney for unless you're talking about civil court. In all likelihood the DA would decide not to prosecute based on lack of evidence, but at least the experience would be as unpleasant for the bitch as possible.
cifex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 3rd, 2009, 02:11 PM   #34
noche_caliente

Name: Kim

Motorcycle(s): '08 250

Sadly, without witnesses, it's his word against hers - I doubt we'll see a favorable outcome
Posted via Mobile Device
noche_caliente is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 3rd, 2009, 09:07 PM   #35
Nickds7
ninjette.org guru

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by cifex View Post
Call me crazy but I am pretty sure when you press criminal charges, you go to the police, they perform an investigation. Not sure what you would need an attorney for unless you're talking about civil court. In all likelihood the DA would decide not to prosecute based on lack of evidence, but at least the experience would be as unpleasant for the bitch as possible.
Yes I was talking about civil.
Nickds7 is offline   Reply With Quote