ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old June 16th, 2009, 05:26 PM   #201
shortstuff
ninjette.org member

Name: Stacey

Motorcycle(s): 08 250

There's not too many lady-riders in my group, so it's been really neat to see what other chicks are wearing. And I'm looking at a sizing chart right now for the Savannah Pants

My lineup:

Scorpion EXO-700: Some complain about the excess of wind that comes up under the helmet, but I don't mind it. You can buy a chin-bra if it bugs you.

Shift Mesh Jacket

Ladies Joe Rocket Gloves: love the armor they come with

Set-Up Racing Boots: My hiking boots were too little, but $500 Sidi's were too much. These boots are perfectly in the middle-- armor in the toe and shins, calf protection-- but it doesn't break the bank.

And the most ghetto 2pc leather suit ever... made by a manufacturer in Pakistan that I can't even find on the internet. But it's an extra small, and after cutting off 4 inches of the pant leg, it fits! lol It's also blue and white, and my bike and helmet are red (first bike was black). You can only imagine the comments that I get for being the ultimate fashion faux-pas on two wheels.

I need to stop being a broke college student so I can afford a flattering 1-pc!
shortstuff is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 16th, 2009, 06:47 PM   #202
patw
ninjette.org guru

Name: Pat

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250 SE

KBC Helmet - not a damn clue the model, all it says is MotoDesign along top. It's a dual flip, and it's probably the best part of my gear.

Now this is where it gets bad...

Jacket - Joe Rocket Honda Branded.
Pants - Joe Rocket... Honda Branded.
Gloves - Joe Rocket... yep Honda Branded.
Boots - Joe Rocket (guess the branding?)

So I ride around on the Ninja (bright green Ninja...) in full Honda gear, which makes me really easy to identify, but it certainly doesn't win any points for style.

The gear came as part of the "Go" package when I bought my CBR125R last year, and replacing it has proven to be too expensive at this point. I may sell the gear to a Honda rider one day, if the opportunity comes up. The Joe Rocket gear has been decent so far, the boots rock, the pants are a bit uncomfortable but the jacket feels good enough to wear all the time. The low point of the setup is the gloves, they're terrible and the velcro pops off while I'm riding.

Here's a pic of the gear, and my old bike:

Old June 16th, 2009, 07:48 PM   #203
kkim

lol... use whatever's comfortable and works. if anyone should ever ask you about Honda gear on a Kawasaki, look surprised and say, " OMG... I rode away on the wrong bike from that last rest stop!!!"
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 20th, 2009, 07:07 PM   #204
EngrNewf
Geeket

Name: Terri-Lynn

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacksmeow View Post
Love those Scorpion pants! I have a new JR Cleo that Jax bought me for our anniversary (the one I'm wearing in the Killboy photo). Here's what I was wearing for fall/winter riding.
Where did you get that green jacket? I absolutely love it!

Old June 20th, 2009, 07:13 PM   #205
EngrNewf
Geeket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfling View Post
New jacket:

Icon Hella Crossbones ladies jacket in Crusader White

Initial impression: SOOOOOOOO in love with this jacket. Good leather quality, awesome little detailing- zipper pull is a skullie, stitching is nice and tight, there is some perforated leather under the arms. Corset straps on the side for sizing, and it says "Hell Bent, Heaven Sent" on the zipper flap :P Back, side and shoulder vents.

Sizing: runs large. I got a L and returned it for a M; I'm usually a L so I was surprised. Better than the alternative I guess? Very long in the sleeves.

Fit: Awesome. Only felt a little stiff out of the box; lots of room in the chest and the side buckles snug it up nicely. Liner is quilted.

Obviously I can't wear test it but from lounging around on the couch with it, it's fantastic.
Thanks for the info! I was wondering the sizing of that one! This thread is great!

Old June 21st, 2009, 04:14 AM   #206
Elfling
ninjette.org guru

Name: Becca

Motorcycle(s): 03 Ninja 250, 02 CBR600 f4i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
lol... use whatever's comfortable and works. if anyone should ever ask you about Honda gear on a Kawasaki, look surprised and say, " OMG... I rode away on the wrong bike from that last rest stop!!!"
I love that idea. Seriously, 99% of people on the road a) won't notice/can't tell what model bike you're riding and b) are too in awe that you're biking in the first place to care.
Elfling is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 21st, 2009, 11:22 AM   #207
Strider
Back on the Black!

Name: Alan

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (Black)

Quote:
Originally Posted by patw View Post
+2

ATGATT , no matter the branding!
Strider is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 23rd, 2009, 09:09 PM   #208
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Argh. I can be such a schmuck sometimes.

So this is the second textile jacket I've ruined, or at least partially ruined, through a non-motorcycling event. Quite a few years ago, on a long road trip, I draped my jacket over the bike, and after I came back I realized I had burned a huge hole through one of the sleeves as it was resting on the exhaust pipe. Dumbass.

So I got a new jacket, which has actually held up well for 6 or 7 years at this point. Until I go to wash it from the intense bug swarm it slammed into this past weekend. Washed fine, put it in the dryer for 20 minutes delicate, which has worked fine in the past, even though it says not to use it in the dryer.

And it ripped a huge hole in the shoulder, completely destroying the fabric. Unfixable, and not worth fixing at this point, looking at how worn the fabric had become over the years anyway. So I ordered a new jacket. Thx for all the recommendations for newenough.com. I priced out what I wanted by calling around locally, and turns out that their pricing is the cheapest I found. I found others equivalent, but none cheaper, and they've got such a good rep I figured I'd give them a shot. So in a few days, I should have this hanging in my closet:

link on newenough.com

Have had great luck with the brand, and in fact earlier versions of the same jacket. Comfy in all conditions, can fit an electric liner underneath as needed, CE armor, holds up well for years and years, and it's reasonably inexpensive. With luck I'll have it in hand in time for this Saturday's ninjette ride, but if not you'll see me in that ancient jacket with a hole burned through its sleeve.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 23rd, 2009, 09:17 PM   #209
kkim

lol... I have the previous gen kilimanjaro. It's a great jacket and really has a lot of pockets. Like they said, though, it does run a bit big for the sizing. I wished I had bought one size smaller than I did, though this is my dual sport jacket and I might want to wear some armor under it someday, so the over sizing could come in handy.

Very high quality jacket.... good choice.

Old June 23rd, 2009, 09:23 PM   #210
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

I had the Gen 1 and the Gen 2, this one is apparently the Gen 5, though some retailers are just calling this new one the Kilimanjaro with no version number. Sort of like the Star Trek reboot.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)

Old June 23rd, 2009, 09:25 PM   #211
kkim

I have the "Khan" version, which is black and grey. I see you went with the "fairy" version.

nah... I like that white/grey color combo... wasn't offered in the gen I have.

Old June 23rd, 2009, 09:38 PM   #212
Alex
ninjette.org dude

I was torn between the all black (with a smidge of grey), or this one, which is mostly silver with a little dark grey. It looks whiter in these photos than it does in person, but it still might start looking dirty earlier than my darker jackets. Here's a link to an online retailer that shows all 6 of the color options on one page.

Old June 23rd, 2009, 09:45 PM   #213
kkim

well if it get dirty, just throw it in the washer... oh wait, that's how you got in this predicament in the first place.

I would get the color you did or the Hi Vis yellow for safety's sake.... you know me and visibility.

Old June 23rd, 2009, 09:48 PM   #214
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Washer good. Dryer bad.

Old June 24th, 2009, 01:16 AM   #215
asuh
ninjette.org member

Name: Albert

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250R

Here's my safety gear.

Old June 24th, 2009, 05:00 AM   #216
miks
I'm lovin' it.

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): '09 Black 250R

No pants mate? If you can have 2 helmets and 2 pair of boots, you should be able to have 1 pair of pants

Father: You can't do both son.
miks is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 24th, 2009, 06:21 AM   #217
cwb48
Mature motorcyclist

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250R, blue

Gear

HJC CL-MAX helmet, Alpinestars One-0-One jacket, Alpinestars Bat pants, Tourmaster Solution Road boots, and various gloves according to the weather.

I also have a 20 year old Hein Gericke California II that's still in excellent shape, although it's really not a jacket that provides any protection (glove leather and no armor).

Chris
cwb48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 24th, 2009, 11:49 AM   #218
RSman
ninjette.org member

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): Pacific Blue Bonneville

Helmet: Shoei RF-1000 (light Silver)
Jacket: Cortech GX sport 2 Textile (silver)
Pants: not sure whether I should go with full pants or knee guards, for the time being I wear Levis.
Gloves: Cortech DX
Boots: Dr. Martens, until I fond some proper riding boots.

Those with Fulmer helmets: How do they fit? I love their design/shape but no local shops sell them.

Last futzed with by RSman; June 26th, 2009 at 06:55 AM.
RSman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 24th, 2009, 01:44 PM   #219
Strider
Back on the Black!

I love this Thread .... ATGATT Forever !!!

Old June 24th, 2009, 01:49 PM   #220
shortstuff
ninjette.org member

Name: Stacey

Motorcycle(s): 08 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by miks View Post
No pants mate? If you can have 2 helmets and 2 pair of boots, you should be able to have 1 pair of pants
true, but he's got some good leg armor that works great under jeans
shortstuff is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 24th, 2009, 05:45 PM   #221
ninjabrewer
dirty old man

Motorcycle(s): Blue '08 Ninja 250

Addition to my closet

Ordered Scorpion Deuce pants Monday from NewEnough, the arrived today. 2 days. Looked at the FedEx tracking site, they were shipped from Anaheim, about 15 min down the road. If I had known that I would have went down and picked them up.

Now a BOOT question. Are they comfortable enough to walk around in some, not a hiking trip. Maybe a stroll around the mall or around at Newsomes during breakfast. I am looking at the A* MX-4, found them for 149 on clearance.

Your comments appreciated.

nb

Old June 24th, 2009, 06:52 PM   #222
noche_caliente
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Kim

Motorcycle(s): '08 250

I have the A* SM something or anothers, you can see them in my earlier post in this thread - and I wear them for several hours on my feet... They tend to get warm, but they're good! Remember, I need double knee replacements and wear tennis shoes most all of the time to keep the knees happy - and they're fine with the boots. Just make sure your socks are high enough to come past the tops of them, as they can be a bit irritating ot the skin if they're not...

Old June 25th, 2009, 02:05 PM   #223
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Newenough was true to their rep, and the jacket arrived this morning, exactly as ordered and earlier than I would have expected... One thing that I'm curious about is that these jackets no longer have a velcro strap to tighten the neck portion, like the gen 1 and gen 2 versions did. But it does have a bunch of other new adjustments, that were useful in getting it to fit just right. First ride test will be on the ninjette ride this Saturday...

Old June 25th, 2009, 10:47 PM   #224
miks
I'm lovin' it.

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): '09 Black 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
true, but he's got some good leg armor that works great under jeans
True to an extent, but imagine sliding around on your ass/hips/thighs; say bye-bye to your skin!

Father: You can't do both son.
miks is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 26th, 2009, 09:14 PM   #225
Bsmith
ninjette.org member

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250 R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsmith View Post
Helmet: EXO 400
Jacket: Coaster Air II
Pants: ???
Suit: AGV 1 piece. SP6
Gloves: MotoBoss Mercury For winter, and Frank Thomas full gauntlet for summer time.
Boots: A* SMX+

So how do you like the apex air pants. I was looking at them for a summer pant.
Just an update I got the Apex Air perf pants from Tourmaster. They fit nicely but they are still hot the perf helps a lot but it's still warm. I like them just wish they were flat black to match the jacket. They are just a tiny bit glossy.
Bsmith is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 27th, 2009, 06:09 PM   #226
dakkerz
ninjette.org member

Name: Dak

Motorcycle(s): 2009 250r

Helmet: Shoei RF-1000
Jacket: Fieldsheer Corsair Sport
Pants: Icon ARC Mesh Overpant
- Icon Field Armor 2 Shorts
- Icon Field Armor Knee/Shin Guards
Gloves: A* S-MX 2
Boots: Icon Accelerant Boots

I'm still new to riding, so if any of the more seasoned riders have any gear recommendations I would appreciate it. Thanks
dakkerz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 3rd, 2009, 09:28 AM   #227
CLSully826
ninjette.org member

Name: Chance

Motorcycle(s): 04 Yamaha R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjabrewer View Post
Ordered Scorpion Deuce pants Monday from NewEnough, the arrived today. 2 days. Looked at the FedEx tracking site, they were shipped from Anaheim, about 15 min down the road. If I had known that I would have went down and picked them up.
nb, how do you like your pants? I've been looking at the Scorpion Deuce pants and the A* ACR air-flo at newenough.com
CLSully826 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 3rd, 2009, 10:03 AM   #228
ninjabrewer
dirty old man

Motorcycle(s): Blue '08 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLSully826 View Post
nb, how do you like your pants? I've been looking at the Scorpion Deuce pants and the A* ACR air-flo at newenough.com
So far I like them, they are easy to take on and off with the zipper in the sides. They are a bit on the warm side wearing pants underneath, the mesh in the thigh area has a layer underneath and the air flow is less than u think. Also, if you are on the edge of the size chart and will be wearing them over regular pants, go 1 size up like newenough recommends. Mine are snug, borderline tight with pants on. With shorts on going to the beach they are fine. Would I buy them again, I 'll say yes.

Don't know anything about the A*'s so I really can't comment on them.

nb

Old July 3rd, 2009, 07:28 PM   #229
Purspeed
ninjette.org guru

Name: Purspeed

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

Every time I read the title of the thread, I get excited.

I think that people are going to reveal their inner demons and secrets...

Then, I click the link and it's a bit disappointing.

"This is my Ninja. There are many like it, but this one is mine..." ~ Purspeed (ca. Nov, 2008)
Purspeed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 7th, 2009, 03:59 PM   #230
EngrNewf
Geeket

:P

Ideas for pants?

Old July 7th, 2009, 04:05 PM   #231
Strider
Back on the Black!

Leather!!! you gotta have leather !!!!

sweet pic too

Old July 7th, 2009, 04:07 PM   #232
EngrNewf
Geeket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider View Post
Leather!!! you gotta have leather !!!!

sweet pic too
Get me a pair of nice ones :P

And would leather look ok with a textile jacket :S

Thanks I just took it about 10 minutes ago :P

Old July 7th, 2009, 04:10 PM   #233
kkim

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngrNewf View Post
Ideas for pants?
None?

Old July 7th, 2009, 04:14 PM   #234
ajaygraci
ninjette.org member

Name: Angelo

Motorcycle(s): 2009 ninja 250r, black, carbon fiber full exhaust...2000 toyota 4runner

arai quantum2 jolly roger helmet
icon domain 2 mechanica helmet
joe rocket sonic 2.0 leather jacket
alpinestars smx-r boots black
revv'it half gauntlets
ajaygraci is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 7th, 2009, 06:29 PM   #235
noche_caliente

Name: Kim

Motorcycle(s): '08 250

Quote:

Ideas for pants?
Terri-Lyn,
That's Joe Rocket, yes? I have the JR ballistic pants which are full textile and have a waterproof liner that is removable, but they don't have hip armor. I also have the JR Cleo pants which are mesh - you can see both in my post earlier in this thread... given your location I would say to go with the ballistics as they are definitely warmer, but not too warm, even on our 90* and high humidity days

Old July 7th, 2009, 08:45 PM   #236
NJD022588
============

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250R

Quote:
None?
lol

I've been in the market for pants recently and am surprised to read that the JR pants dont have hip armor.
NJD022588 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 7th, 2009, 10:53 PM   #237
ManyCavies
ninjette.org sage

Name: Crissy

Motorcycle(s): . . . . . . . 2000 Suzuki Intruder VS800 "Suzi", 2008 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 "Yoshi"

Quote:

Ideas for pants?
I have the JR womens Alto Ego pants. I love them. I wear them over my work pants. http://www.newenough.com/protective_...overpants.html
seems to have all the other JR pants rolled into one. Plus I love the design, but it is on the zip off part for the mesh to be exposed. My temps are in the triple digets now, I do sweat a little but not to bad, considering. When I wear shorts under, I don't sweat at all.

Old July 7th, 2009, 11:33 PM   #238
muffinman
ninjette.org guru

Name: Arthur

Motorcycle(s): '08 250R (sold), '05 ZX6R / 636

Helmets: Shark RSR2 Troy Corser Replica, KBC VR-1X
Jackets: Alpinestars Alloy Leather, Alpinestars Sniper Air Flo, Dainese Laguna Seca (no longer have)
Pants: Shift LoDown Riding Jeans, Joe Rocket Phoenix 2.0 Mesh
Gloves: ICON Merc Leather Gloves, Alpinestars GP-Pro Gauntlets
Boots: ICON Field Armor Chukkas, SIDI Vertigo Air Race Boots
Armor: KNOX Cross Knee Armor, Alpinestars Bionic Race Back Protector, Alpinestars Bionic Chest Armor
muffinman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 8th, 2009, 02:29 PM   #239
Strider
Back on the Black!

Quote:
Get me a pair of nice ones :P

And would leather look ok with a textile jacket :S

Thanks I just took it about 10 minutes ago :P
Ya, get perforated leather for summer runs , Leather/Textile is a good combo for summer riding IMO

Quote:
None?
Naughty Naughty Kelly ...

Old July 8th, 2009, 02:55 PM   #240
tjkamper

Name: Travis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
And a Speedo. (armored)
I bet that would rock if it came with matching flip-flops.

All in Kawi Green