ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ninjettes At Speed

Notices

Old October 6th, 2017, 08:56 AM   #161
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by backinthesaddleagain View Post
I should have known to stay away from him as he is a menace, which I told him while he was sitting on the ground.
Save a lap to save a session
Save a session to save a day
Save a day to save a season
Avoid boneheads like the plague

While at NYST, we stopped 2 sessions early due to crazy riders doing silly stuff on track. It was like amature hour... Way too many green riders on ducati's, s1000's and new r1's. There was at least one rider off every other lap, sometimes multiple riders off in different areas of the track, riders coming to a near stop on the front straight and waaaaaayyyyy too many red flags.

Down around my parts, we often get a 2nd riders meeting (b*tch session) to talk about our dumb riding after 4 or 5 red flags.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 6th, 2017, 12:05 PM   #162
adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
Stealing this.

At the last day of the season (was it REALLY less than two weeks ago? Seems like forever), some knucklehead in my group crashed during lead-follow.

How do you even do that?

First three sessions got red-flagged. You'd think that by the time late September rolls around people would have gotten that stuff out of their system.

Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.
Heri historia. Cras mysterium. Hodie donum est. Carpe diem.
adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 13th, 2017, 02:02 PM   #163
backinthesaddleagain
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Greg

Motorcycle(s): 2013 ZX6R 636

Quote:
Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
Stealing this.

At the last day of the season (was it REALLY less than two weeks ago? Seems like forever), some knucklehead in my group crashed during lead-follow.

How do you even do that?

First three sessions got red-flagged. You'd think that by the time late September rolls around people would have gotten that stuff out of their system.
Once at Thompson in 2016 or 2015 there was a red flag on the outlap of the follow the leader. It was an instructor, lol. He was tight inside in the first turn after pit out. That can be a slippery area and he dropped the bike. I guess the reason for the red flag was all the riders following him on the pit out???
backinthesaddleagain is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 13th, 2017, 02:05 PM   #164
backinthesaddleagain
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Greg

Motorcycle(s): 2013 ZX6R 636

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post

While at NYST, we stopped 2 sessions early due to crazy riders doing silly stuff on track. It was like amature hour... Way too many green riders on ducati's, s1000's and new r1's. There was at least one rider off every other lap, sometimes multiple riders off in different areas of the track, riders coming to a near stop on the front straight and waaaaaayyyyy too many red flags.

Down around my parts, we often get a 2nd riders meeting (b*tch session) to talk about our dumb riding after 4 or 5 red flags.
There was a guy on a Pani 1299 S who said at the NYST riders meeting how about if you haven't made the pass by the 1/2 way point of the straight (downtown) you don't make the pass. Oh sure, as he motors out of the last turn into the straight and gaps everyone then slams on the brakes by the 1/2 way point. We decided the meat ball sign was the cutoff. It was much further down town but still gave ample time to slow for the turn.

And not to say bad things about Ducati riders or the wicked panigale, but if you wear leathers that say Ducati and don't remove your Ducati vanity license plate you are putting a target on your back
backinthesaddleagain is offline   Reply With Quote