ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old April 22nd, 2010, 06:59 AM   #1
adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
LED integrated tail lights now at NewEnough

Check it out. Looks just like the BM light. Nice price, too:

http://www.newenough.com/parts/parts..._kawasaki.html

adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 22nd, 2010, 07:05 AM   #2
Broc
ninjette.org member

Name: Broc

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R Black - Sold / 2011 Honda CB1000R

Son of a! I just ordered one for way more and had a lot of issues. Damn thats cheap! $80 shipped + $10 relay + $5-10 of OEM connectors - you're right at $100 thats awesome!

Old April 22nd, 2010, 08:12 AM   #3
noche_caliente
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Kim

Motorcycle(s): '08 250

very nice - love new enough!

Old April 22nd, 2010, 05:51 PM   #4
jonthechron
ninjette.org sage

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): magHitVE

Now that looks like a deal and a half. Wish they had them sooner and for this price... oh well.
jonthechron is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 7th, 2010, 08:51 PM   #5
abyssdncr
ninjette.org member

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): '07 VStrom 1000 - '06 TW200

Ordered on Wednesday, arrived today, installed in less than 10 minutes (keeping stock turn sigs...).

Awesome price, great service, and very pleased with the tail light.

Thanks for the link!!!
abyssdncr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 8th, 2010, 06:54 AM   #6
JokerSeven
Ride it like you stole it

Name: Jeremy

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250R, '04 R6(sold)

now this becomes even more tempting... thanks
JokerSeven is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 19th, 2010, 01:26 AM   #7
Buffalony

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250 "Wasabi", 82 Yamaha xj650j

Quote:
Originally Posted by abyssdncr View Post
Ordered on Wednesday, arrived today, installed in less than 10 minutes (keeping stock turn sigs...).

Awesome price, great service, and very pleased with the tail light.

Thanks for the link!!!
What else did you need to purchase? Pics???

Old May 19th, 2010, 07:39 PM   #8
bob706

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250 1998 HD Road King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalony View Post
What else did you need to purchase? Pics???
I just got mine in the mail, not quite finished with the install but it's just a plug and play unit.
bob706 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 19th, 2010, 08:11 PM   #9
jonthechron
ninjette.org sage

Let us know whats the downside of this unit..

Does it include flasher relay?
Is it available in Smoked Lens?
Is it 100% plug and play?
How does that white PCB look from the outside? (looks ugly to me)

Old May 19th, 2010, 09:54 PM   #10
bob706

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonthechron View Post
Let us know whats the downside of this unit..

Does it include flasher relay?
Is it available in Smoked Lens?
Is it 100% plug and play?
How does that white PCB look from the outside? (looks ugly to me)
Downside of the light thus far (and this is subject to change) is the turn signal portion of the unit is not exactly plug n' play. One wire coming out of each side and at the moment I haven't figured out where they plug in. The brake light is pretty bright and works with the no cut modulator.

Flasher Relay? - Don't know
Available smoke lens? - not from newenough.com
100% p'n'p - 50% for me so far
How does it look? - not as cool as others I've seen but for the price it's worth trying.

Old May 20th, 2010, 10:56 AM   #11
rage42
ninjette.org member

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 09 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob706 View Post
Downside of the light thus far (and this is subject to change) is the turn signal portion of the unit is not exactly plug n' play. One wire coming out of each side and at the moment I haven't figured out where they plug in. The brake light is pretty bright and works with the no cut modulator.

Flasher Relay? - Don't know
Available smoke lens? - not from newenough.com
100% p'n'p - 50% for me so far
How does it look? - not as cool as others I've seen but for the price it's worth trying.

Order and installed; Blinkers working too.

I'll add my as well...

It does not include a flasher relay...If you keep your stock blinkers, it's not a problem. Blinks slightly faster, actually a better rate in my opinion. I saw another forum user double his blink rate, it doesn't go that fast. If you add more LED signals or remove stocks, you might have to work on resistors/relays. I haven't dealt with those yet, so I couldn't speak on them.

No smoke, I like the white, makes it brighter.

The tail light, and brake light are plug and play. If you want the blinkers working, you need to find the 2 seperate blinker wires on the ninja, and either cut/splice in to the green wires on them, one for each blinker, or get fancy with your own connectors and plug in. I took off the rear faring and just spliced in on the left side.

It looks good to me, much better than the seemly dim red butt end. /shrug. I would prefer smoke, but more than that, I want my tail light to be as bright as possible. Looks just like the bike monkey though.

When I first got it on, it seemed a tad dim, but it was very sunny out, it didn't look any worse than stock. Once the sun settled down, it looked nice and bright.

The only downsides so far is having to cut for the blinkers, but looking at the bike, it's tough to do without cutting, or getting some special connectors to plug in. I also can't watching the blinking while I'm riding.

Oh and on my '09...unbolting the stock light was a pain. I saw in the bike monkey DIY that he just used an extended socket to unbolt it...but in my case, that metal piece on the end of the tail was directly over my bolts, I couldn't do anything, so I fought for a while coming in from the side, and there's just not much room to use a wrench. Maybe there was a trick I missed, but in any case I got it.

I took pictures of the majority of the install, and a couple other mods I did; I'm pretty lazy about making DIYs. If you want to see I can at least post pics later.
rage42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 20th, 2010, 02:22 PM   #12
bob706

Quote:
Originally Posted by rage42 View Post
I took pictures of the majority of the install, and a couple other mods I did; I'm pretty lazy about making DIYs. If you want to see I can at least post pics later.
Could you post a pic of where you spliced the blinkers at? I bought the damn thing so I could get rid of the rear blinkers

Old May 20th, 2010, 03:26 PM   #13
jonthechron
ninjette.org sage

you gotta splice into the the gray AND green conductors :d

Old May 20th, 2010, 09:12 PM   #14
rage42
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Could you post a pic of where you spliced the blinkers at? I bought the damn thing so I could get rid of the rear blinkers
First I tested the blinks and figured out which wire was which. Tracing them out where they disappear under the tail was annoying, so i just used the metal tip that came on the wires, and slipped them in to the back side of the blinker connectors. The connectors are near the battery, just follow them down the left side and pull them out a little. Use some gator clips and a paper clip or something if you can't get the tail light wires to reach. Make sure the tail/brake lights are plugged in to the led guy while testing this...

After figuring out which wires goes to what, and having the fairings pulled off, I pulled the wires out a bit, carefully cut a section out of the cable sheath, and seperated the black ground, and green blinker wire a little. I cut off the clips that came with the led light wires...and clamped a splicer on the green blinker wires, and the led light wires.

Wrapped them up really good with electrical tape...

Tucked them back in to the side of the tail...

and we're blinking! No other electrical work unless you make more changes to your lighting...

hm..Looks like the bottom right of my camera lens is smudged.

Old May 20th, 2010, 10:03 PM   #15
bob706

This thing won't work without the stock turn signals?

Old May 21st, 2010, 02:11 AM   #16
Guinss
ninjette.org guru

Name: Simen

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R (Black)

Quote:
Not if you got stock bulbs/turns signals at the front.
http://www.newenough.com/info_pages/...resistors.html
Another option is to take rear signals off and hide them under the fairing somewhere, and just parallell wired to the taillight like Matt shows on his pictures above.

Im really glad you found this site Andrew. Im looking at buying one of theese tail lights. Its the same price shipped to norway, as the one from bikemonkey is without any shipping. Wonder how many days the shipping would take to here.
Guinss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 21st, 2010, 05:42 AM   #17
rage42
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Yes it will. You may have to change the relay, or add a resistor. Try it first, and see what it does. It won't hurt anything. Take a look at Guinss' link and the Bike Monkey DIY too. http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=21581 It talks about changing the relay, read the comments, some good info in there...

I haven't decided if I'm removing the stock blinkers yet...so if you get it all sorted out, please report back.

Old May 21st, 2010, 05:47 AM   #18
rage42
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinss View Post
Not if you got stock bulbs/turns signals at the front.
This confuses me a bit...I made no other changes to my lights, so everything else is stock right now, and it's working...

Old May 21st, 2010, 06:48 AM   #19
Momaru

Name: Paul

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Candy Plasma Blue 250R

If you wind up needing a new relay due to getting rid of all of your stock blinkers (flash rate too fast or the red running lights on the integrated light don't light between turn signal blinks) I know the CF12ANL-01 from superbrightLEDS works.

Last futzed with by Momaru; May 21st, 2010 at 09:49 AM.
Momaru is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 21st, 2010, 07:14 AM   #20
Guinss
ninjette.org guru

Name: Simen

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R (Black)

Quote:
This confuses me a bit...I made no other changes to my lights, so everything else is stock right now, and it's working...
Yeah i took that from the FAQ on NewEnough, it says the following:
"LED theory (1) LED turn signal installation of the front or rear only while using bulb lights at the opposite end (front or rear) does not require flash controllers/resistors."

That means, if you leave either front or rear couple of turn signals with stock bulb type, you change change the other to for example the taillight with LED signals.
Guinss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 21st, 2010, 01:28 PM   #21
ScorpionNinja

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650RTE & 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (SOLD)

Quote:
First I tested the blinks and figured out which wire was which. Tracing them out where they disappear under the tail was annoying, so i just used the metal tip that came on the wires, and slipped them in to the back side of the blinker connectors. The connectors are near the battery, just follow them down the left side and pull them out a little. Use some gator clips and a paper clip or something if you can't get the tail light wires to reach. Make sure the tail/brake lights are plugged in to the led guy while testing this...

After figuring out which wires goes to what, and having the fairings pulled off, I pulled the wires out a bit, carefully cut a section out of the cable sheath, and seperated the black ground, and green blinker wire a little. I cut off the clips that came with the led light wires...and clamped a splicer on the green blinker wires, and the led light wires.

Wrapped them up really good with electrical tape...

Tucked them back in to the side of the tail...

and we're blinking! No other electrical work unless you make more changes to your lighting...

hm..Looks like the bottom right of my camera lens is smudged.
Yo Matt,

Next time we ride at Night, Lets park next to eachother and take PICs in a Stock vs Your Bike comparison!
ScorpionNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 21st, 2010, 01:37 PM   #22
rage42
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpionNinja View Post
Yo Matt,

Next time we ride at Night, Lets park next to eachother and take PICs in a Stock vs Your Bike comparison!
daytime comparison would be good too. This sunday... How did it look last night? Bright enough, brighter than stock?

Old May 21st, 2010, 01:40 PM   #23
ScorpionNinja

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650RTE & 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (SOLD)

Quote:
daytime comparison would be good too. This sunday... How did it look last night? Bright enough, brighter than stock?
It was good, if anything SAME BRIGHTNESS as Stock!

Until we do day/night side by side comparisons, we wont know lol
ScorpionNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 21st, 2010, 01:51 PM   #24
Momaru

Quote:

Taken by noche_cliente's hubby following us in a cage. More pics on the ride report thread I filched this from. I'm in the rear with a Bikemonkey, the middle rider is stock, front is an LED OEM replacement bulb

Would love to see the side-by-side lineup though.

Old May 21st, 2010, 02:05 PM   #25
rage42
ninjette.org member

Ya I remember seeing that pic...the distance kind of skews the results. I'd like to see it side by side, same distance and such. The front led bulb looks kind of dim, but it's also at an angle and farther away the your bike. Is it dimmer, or is the picture lieing?

Old May 21st, 2010, 02:11 PM   #26
Momaru

If I recall, noche_caliente (Kim, front rider) complained about it's dimness and put the stock incandescent bulb back in (some time after this ride) as that was brighter. I agree the distance and different bike angles skew the result considerably, but Kim said her hubby commented that the integrated light was noticeably brighter than either of the stock lens options (OEM or led bulb).

Personally I like the fact there's a section that's only lit when braking (center bar) vs differential intensity like the OEM. Following Kim on another group ride, I realized in direct sun I couldn't tell if she was braking or not based on the OEM light.

Might consider making a cross-linking post in the bikemonkey DIY thread to this one.

Old May 24th, 2010, 07:41 AM   #27
rage42
ninjette.org member

So after group riding this weekend, it was determined that there's not much of a difference in brightness between stock, and the led light.

They shine a little different...You can get blinkers running on the led light, and you never have to change the bulb. I'm kind of digging the clear plastic look too.

Old May 24th, 2010, 11:35 AM   #28
bob706

Quote:
I'm kind of digging the clear plastic look too.
+1. Looks soooo much better than the oem red housing.

Old May 24th, 2010, 06:32 PM   #29
bob706

Just a fyi - the FL-32 flasher controller from Autozone ($10) works like a champ. Someone in another post for the BM diy said the fl-32 was the way to go. I just removed the stock signals, ran those wires back into the trunk, hooked each side to its green wire counterpart, removed the stock relay and replaced with the autozone one. I'll try to get some pics tomorrow as I've run out of daylight now. I was going to wire some led resistors, also from autozone, but luckily I found the post with the relay info. Goodbye 1157's!!!!!

Old July 9th, 2010, 01:33 PM   #30
sec20
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Shayne

Motorcycle(s): Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Question

I bought this tail light from motorcyclesuperstore.com and am still having trouble installing it. I want to have the integrated turn signals work without the stock turn signals. I'm not sure if I have to have a relay to do this or where to buy one. Please contact me with any solutions or answers.

Thanks.
sec20 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 9th, 2010, 05:38 PM   #31
randomwalk101
self wrencher

Name: john

Motorcycle(s): 08 250r and 07 600r

you can get the relay from Shinto USA...it's adjustable so you can set your flashing rate as you like.
randomwalk101 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 15th, 2010, 01:11 PM   #32
nattygirl
ninjette.org guru

Name: Natalie

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 Special Edition Red/Black

I bought an integrated tail light from another member. He listed as a bikemoney integrated tail, but when it came, it was actually the Dynamic Moto Power integrated tail. I got a great price on it, so I can't complain, but I was just wondering if anyone's compared the bikemonkey to this tail light. Are they pretty much identical? Is the brightness of one better than the other? For those of you that have these tails, how are they working out?

Old December 15th, 2010, 02:11 PM   #33
randomwalk101
self wrencher

Name: john

Motorcycle(s): 08 250r and 07 600r

nat, i have BM and it's all the same...basically made by same manuf.
randomwalk101 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 15th, 2010, 02:25 PM   #34
nattygirl
ninjette.org guru

Great, thanks John. I was hoping they were pretty much the same. I'm looking forward to putting it on and testing it out this weekend. i already did the diode mode and have an led relay in place, so hopefully i won't run into any issue installing this thing. Seems pretty straight forward.

Old March 20th, 2011, 11:52 AM   #35
forevertwowheels
ninjette.org member

Name: TKO

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R 2011 Honda CBR600RR

on NewEnough/MotorcycleGear it lists this part as 08-09 but it should work with a 2010 right?
forevertwowheels is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 20th, 2011, 12:35 PM   #36
nattygirl
ninjette.org guru

Yes, it's compatible with 2010. Got one on my 2010 bike as we speak.

Old March 21st, 2011, 04:05 PM   #37
forevertwowheels
ninjette.org member

Name: TKO

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R 2011 Honda CBR600RR

nice, i need to order one.
thanks
forevertwowheels is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 28th, 2011, 12:49 AM   #38
DarkNinja52
ninjette.org sage

Name: aj

Motorcycle(s): Red 09 Ninja 250r aka Sheila (RIP), Red '10 Ninja 250r aka Sasha (Sold), White '13 Ninja 300 (To be Purchased)

Okay, i'm super pissed/confused and don't want to spend more than I need to for the same thing...
I've seen (almost - i can't confirm it yet) the same exact product made by DMP(Dynamic Moto Powersports) Bike Monkey, and now "TunerX Factory".

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Smoke...item3362fece35

The wiring looks exactly the same, the light patterns are exactly the same and the shape and colors (clear and smoke) are consistent.

Does anyone have input or has resolved this? Is there a difference(there is in price).

I want one asap, i bought a bike monkey for my other bike that burned in a fire and i never got it fully installed. but I know what it looked like and how it funcitoned... but I dont want to spend the same 150 on the bike monkey if i can get it for 80...

Old August 28th, 2011, 03:41 AM   #39
caps
Sexy Beast

Name: Mat

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R, 2006 ZX-14, 2012 Ducati Monster

Looks exactly the same
caps is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 29th, 2011, 01:12 AM   #40
DarkNinja52
ninjette.org sage

Name: aj

Motorcycle(s): Red 09 Ninja 250r aka Sheila (RIP), Red '10 Ninja 250r aka Sasha (Sold), White '13 Ninja 300 (To be Purchased)

The youtube vids seem to show that the BIke Monkey Illuminates all the LED's when the brake is on, but others report that only the center illuminates on other brands. Maybe it just appears this way or can this be confirmed??