Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old October 31st, 2012, 08:33 PM   #1
rojoracing53
Fast-Guy wannabe

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja250, 2011 RM-Z250, 2004 NSR50,

MOTM - Jan '13
1 or two piece suit for riding through the winter

I know I'm in CA and its not that cold compared to other places but I made it through last winter by layering like a mofo and skipping rainy days. Layering is a pain in the ass so I'm looking for a jacket and pants combo or a one piece suit to keep me dry and warm, I have a heated jacket liner and cloves already.

I tried this on at cycle gear and really liked the quality feel of it but couldn't find pants to match. I know they make pants and I can have Helimot sew a zipper to make it a set.
http://www.tourmaster.com/product/se...3_Jacket/367/0

Then there are these two one piece suits that caught my eye but I'm not familiar with ether brand.
http://www.revzilla.com/product/joe-...-survivor-suit

http://www.revzilla.com/product/tour...n-1-piece-suit

Any suggestions or ideas on these would be appreciated as well as anywhere in the bay area preferably east bay that may have them to try on.

@Alex what kind of jacket are you always wearing?
rojoracing53 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 31st, 2012, 08:38 PM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

That's a First Gear Kilimanjaro. It's the third or fourth I've had; they wear pretty well and last a few years. With the vents closed and a heated liner (I don't ever use the liner the jacket itself comes with), I'm warm all the way down to temps I'd never want to ride in anyway. With the vents open and no liner, I'm comfortable into the high 90's. Decent pocket setup, with inside and outside choices. Road Rider in San Jose has a great gear selection, but it is a bit south for you.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 31st, 2012, 08:46 PM   #3
rojoracing53
Fast-Guy wannabe

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja250, 2011 RM-Z250, 2004 NSR50,

MOTM - Jan '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
That's a First Gear Kilimanjaro. It's the third or fourth I've had; they wear pretty well and last a few years. With the vents closed and a heated liner (I don't ever use the liner the jacket itself comes with), I'm warm all the way down to temps I'd never want to ride in anyway. With the vents open and no liner, I'm comfortable into the high 90's. Decent pocket setup, with inside and outside choices. Road Rider in San Jose has a great gear selection, but it is a bit south for you.
I just came across great reviews of the Kilimanjaro so can it be zipped to a pair of pants and do you have any suggestions on pants to go with it?
rojoracing53 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 31st, 2012, 08:51 PM   #4
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

I just looked at the jacket, and it doesn't look like it comes with a zipper setup to attach pants to it. I use Tourmaster Caliber pants, they seemed to fit me best compared to the FirstGear stuff. (the pants do have a zipper setup to connect to a matching jacket; probably a tourmaster would work best for that).

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 31st, 2012, 10:00 PM   #5
Bassman
ninjette.org guru

Name: Marc

Motorcycle(s): 1986 Goldwing, 1996 CR500, 2011 Ninja 250, 2009 Harley Heritage Softail, 1941 Suzuki Gerbil 250

If you truely want be safe here's the armor for you...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg full-suit-armour_~k7264885.jpg (21.0 KB, 2 views)