ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old April 7th, 2015, 05:32 PM   #1
brainiac27
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Kyle

Motorcycle(s): 2003 Kawasaki Ninja EX250F

$11 Helmet Bluetooth

Just wanted to share the setup i put together when I found out the Sena gear cost $150.

Bluetooth Audio receiver $6
Any of the ones on Ebay like the one above works.

Helmet Speakers $5
Aerostitch also sells these if you want a reliable source. Most likely the same product though.

1. Roughly sew the speakers into the ear area of your helmet. You don't have to be a tailor about it, it just keeps them in place and flat when you put the helmet on. If you are worried about washing your liner, make a separate stitch to cut so you can work out the little speaker.

2. Stuff the excess wire behind the liner. Some tape will help it stay in place. Being handy with a soldering iron, I spliced it shorter.

3. Using a spare adhesive strip from a 3M Command hook you have laying around, stick the bluetooth module to the helmet. I put it near the bottom of the back, hoping to keep rain off it.

4. Plug the speakers into the module and pair it with your phone. Enjoy music and GPS directions piped into your ears.

Side Note: I use OsmAnd for Android for GPS. The custom route function is great for scenic routes and by making the GPS directions go through the notification audio, you can set its volume seperate from any music you are playing.
brainiac27 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Old April 7th, 2015, 07:35 PM   #2
cadd
cadd cadd cadd

Name: Cadd

Motorcycle(s): 300

MOTM - May '15
Sweet! How big is that receiver? Do you have a "not so close up" picture of your helmet with the receiver attached?

Old April 7th, 2015, 07:41 PM   #3
MrAtom

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - July '15
Hmm... I wash my helmet liner every 2 weeks. Maybe I could try velcro.

Last futzed with by MrAtom; April 7th, 2015 at 09:44 PM.
MrAtom is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 7th, 2015, 07:49 PM   #4
brainiac27
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Kyle

Motorcycle(s): 2003 Kawasaki Ninja EX250F

The receiver is pretty small, i'd compare it to a zippo lighter but a bit smaller. Look at the USB cable in the link for a reference.

And velcro may work, I just had issues with the non-velcro parts folding up when I stuck my head in. YMMV.
brainiac27 is offline   Reply With Quote