ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old April 26th, 2013, 01:49 PM   #41
Lychee
sail away

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): gixxer (sold), ninjette (upgrade!)

Holy 2009 resurrection...
Lychee is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 26th, 2013, 01:52 PM   #42
lgk
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2012 EX250, 2014 EX300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lychee View Post
Holy 2009 resurrection...
too late to be reanimated?

Old April 26th, 2013, 01:59 PM   #43
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

Name: Harper

Motorcycle(s): 2013 SE NINJA 300

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
Probly, but I was bored and had questions
JohnnyBravo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 17th, 2015, 03:37 AM   #44
alexhawaii20
ninjette.org newbie

Name: alex

Motorcycle(s): 2010 ninja 250r special edition green and cbr 2002 cbr f4i

was reading the responses her and people in he are a holes. people wanna do something and everyone is bashing on them. thought this forum was better that this
alexhawaii20 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 17th, 2015, 08:07 AM   #45
SLOWn60
n00bie to wannabie

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2012 250R (Red), 2005 VFR800A (Red), CRF450X (Red), 2012 F800GS (Wants to be Red!)

MOTM - Nov '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexhawaii20 View Post
was reading the responses her and people in he are a holes. people wanna do something and everyone is bashing on them. thought this forum was better that this
I haven't read through this thread, Alex but I have replied in your thread. Hopefully; you find my post constructive and informative rather than judgemental!
The Smart Money: #1 - ATGATT, #2 - Training (machine skills and survival skills), #3 - The bike; whatever floats yer boat with the money you have left over
SLOWn60 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 17th, 2015, 08:34 AM   #46
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Cool

Quote:
As you read more current threads in this site you will realize that this forum is exceptionally friendly and informative.

Very interesting and intelligent members make it that way.

Welcome, Alex !!!
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old October 17th, 2015, 09:46 AM   #47
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
was reading the responses here and people in here are a holes. people wanna do something and everyone is bashing on them. thought this forum was better that this

1) great first couple posts ... (yes, sarcasm. Sorry )

2) Lengthening the swingarm is a bit of a touchy subject. The functional reason for stretching a bike is because of drag launches or generally being a wheelie monster. The 250 is a poor choice for the drag strip unless you're using is as cheap learning, but it is a wheelie machine! Just kidding, it's not exactly prone to lofting the front unless you're very intentional about it (think 10,000-rpm-and-clutch-dump-in-1st-gear intentional). The 250, however, is very good at being light and easy to throw around on a curvy road and that's all it's really good at. That's why stretching it is seen as a sin to some and there's generally a flame contest towards bike stretchers.

3) The (old, I might add) responses in this thread really weren't bad at all. There was no name calling but there was some teasing; still 100x better than the responses on other forums to new guys asking silly questions. You ever looked at the GIXXER forums or R6 forums? They'll eat you alive just for looking funny or being new. It's the internet; people come from all walks of life, some classier than others, and you never know who you're talking to. You're going to meet people who have a different view of what's appropriate to say online. Get used to it, and appreciate just how nice this forum is in comparison. Don't wear your feelings on your sleeves and do your best not to get butthurt. Take a second to think about things from the other side of the conversation occasionally, it helps once you get to know some users and their personalities. I promise, even though you think that thread was bad (which it wasn't), it was so much better than the level of rudeness on other forums.

4) I mentioned it was an old thread. General house keeping item: please check the dates of threads before posting. If it's something old like this and all you're posting about is to tell those users how mean they're being, you likely could afford to skip that post. Also, you can check the last time someone was active by viewing their public profile and clicking on the statistics tab. This will show you the last time they were active.

5) Please don't take that the wrong way. I'm just being genuine. If I met you in person, I'd tell you the same thing. Since I haven't said it yet, welcome to the forum!!!! Feel free to head to the new members section and introduce yourself so we can get to know you, see where your riding experience has taken you, show off your ride, etc. Good to see you on the forum.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old October 17th, 2015, 12:44 PM   #48
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
people think its dumb because putting a long swinger on a 250 means ruining the main good attribute of the 250. its not a fast bike. it doesn't need any help keeping the front wheel down. it is great at turning. a long swingarm kills that. which means theres only one reason to put a long swing arm on the bike: pretending its something it isn't. ie- posing. people don't like posers. why? because typically those types of people aren't interested in actually riding a bike. they're interested in the lifestyle that most people associate with bike riders. some weird rebel antihero who DGAF and wears cow hide and is generally some kind of badass who doesn't take **** and only looks out for themself. truth is most actual motorcyclists aren't anything like that. most real motorcyclists are some of the nicest people you can find who would go out of their way to help others in need, and ask for nothing in return aside from that people enjoy themselves.

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.