ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Group Rides and Local Events

Old January 6th, 2011, 08:34 AM   #1
PitBull
ninjette.org member

Name: Lisa

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250

DFW Area - Accident Scene Management Class

I'm planning on taking this class in the North Richland Hills area on Sat. 1/15. It looks like a good course and I thought I would pass along the info on the class to anyone else who might be interested. It's basically a course that teaches you what to do (and not to do) in the event you are the first person on a motorcycle crash scene. Here's the info from their website:

The purpose of the Bystander Assistance Programs are to enhance the survival rate and reduce severity of injuries for the injured riders of all motorized vehicles. We expect to decrease the chance of rescuer injury due to inappropriate actions at the accident scene. We also expect to educate motorists how to protect themselves legally and financially should an accident occur.

Goals and Objectives
The program is directed toward the assessment and treatment of the injured as well as how to safely administer care. We teach scene management and the legal aspects of an accident.

This course will provide the participant with a heightened awareness of:

Accessing the EMS
Mechanisms of Injury
Securing the Accident Scene
Safety Factors
Assessment and Treatment Techniques
Injuries Associated With Motor Vehicle Trauma
Preservation of the Accident Scene
Adequate Insurance Needs and Terminology

If you are interested, you can sign up at the following link:
http://www.accidentscene.org/schedule.htm#tx
PitBull is offline   Reply With Quote