ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Marketplace > Motorcycle-related

Old August 29th, 2011, 07:23 PM   #401
eds2fitty
ninjette.org member

Name: Ed

Motorcycle(s): 2011 250R SE

alright fellas, paid dennis a visit earlier today and was able to pickup my brake sensor! dennis also mentioned that we don't need the spring on the master cylinder, the pressure from the mc pushes the lever back anyways - he was right! install for the sensor was easy (bare in mind ive never worked on bikes before but know my way around cars a little) i spliced the sensor on to the stock sensor in order to use the stock connector and everything works great! brake light goes on when the foot brake is pressed, and just like dennis said it goes back to position without needing the spring!

heres the end result:

eds2fitty is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 29th, 2011, 07:53 PM   #402
Shaol1n Monk
shaol1n ninja stuntman

Name: Jae

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Yamaha YZF R6 Anniversary "Yoshiko" 2007 Honda CBR600RR "Katsumi"(SOLD) 2010 Ninja ZX-2R "JADE" (RIP)

awesome! good to know ed! thanks for going and looking into it and posting results. rearsets looking good brother!

Old August 29th, 2011, 08:39 PM   #403
eds2fitty
ninjette.org member

Name: Ed

Motorcycle(s): 2011 250R SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaol1n Monk View Post
awesome! good to know ed! thanks for going and looking into it and posting results. rearsets looking good brother!
thanks to u jae! so when are you putting yours on? were u able to order ur sensor from dennis?

i ordered some wc clipons today so im super excited to get those in to get the full supersportbike effect! lol
eds2fitty is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 29th, 2011, 08:56 PM   #404
DarC
DUCEATR

Name: Dan

Motorcycle(s): RVT1000R

I wish this bike had a bigger (taller) tank. Now I feel like I need some support and it's not there! Over all though it's a great riding position. I have mine maxed to the rear position on both sides.

Oh yeah...one pic before tomorrow's "photo shoot".

P1030545.jpg
2001 SP1 RC51- #62 -Akrapovic Ti, PCIII, Colin Edward's first baby tooth, Honda Racing sticker, some Japanese doods best attempt at Engrish scribbled on my engine block, little touch of soul.
DarC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 29th, 2011, 10:34 PM   #405
Shaol1n Monk
shaol1n ninja stuntman

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Yamaha YZF R6 Anniversary "Yoshiko" 2007 Honda CBR600RR "Katsumi"(SOLD) 2010 Ninja ZX-2R "JADE" (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eds2fitty View Post
thanks to u jae! so when are you putting yours on? were u able to order ur sensor from dennis?

i ordered some wc clipons today so im super excited to get those in to get the full supersportbike effect! lol
ur gonna love the WCs, they make a huge difference.
im hoping i can get mine on in the next couple days. i have been busy w workn three jobs lately. tomorrow me and stinknugget are gonna try to get my buddies kz650 runnin so we can get it sold and he can get his 250.
i might try to do em up while SN checks out the KZ tho. i just gotta find my blue loctite

i didnt order my sensor yet, i will end of this week prob.

Old August 30th, 2011, 11:20 AM   #406
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

Name: Tri

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R, 2005 R6

Anyone wanna sell me their old peg brackets? I don't need the full assembly, just the brackets.

Old August 30th, 2011, 11:34 AM   #407
niKiStixx
ninjette.org member

Name: Nikki

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250r

Quote:
hopefully i will have time to install my new ones in the next couple days. if so mine will be for sale. they are in perfect condition, only thing i took off the curb feeler thingys from the pegs
Awesome! How much do you think? I really only need the brake side. but if you only want to sell them together i understand.
niKiStixx is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 31st, 2011, 11:17 PM   #408
Shaol1n Monk
shaol1n ninja stuntman

installed mine today. thanks to the sato rearset DIY here on ninjette.org! had my laptop out with me going step by step. it was surprisingly easy! i guess a good DIY will make it seem like it huh? i was a bit nervous about messin w my brakes but it turned out great and the feel awesome! u guys were right, in combo w my WCs its like a totally different bike w the ride position! way more sporty and aggressive. and yes, it shifts much quicker than stock.

ps green is the sexiest/fastest-est
Attached Images
File Type: jpg downsized_0831011718a.jpg (52.8 KB, 58 views)

Old September 1st, 2011, 02:33 PM   #409
00NissanNinja
I hate driving...

Name: S

Motorcycle(s): 13 Triumph Street Triple R, 09 Ninja 250r (Sold 4/20/12)

^Those look awesome, where is my pair? lol

09 ninja 2fiddy SE Driving slow things fast
00NissanNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 6th, 2011, 10:26 PM   #410
Shaol1n Monk
shaol1n ninja stuntman

hope everyone got their rearsets installed and are loving them as much as i am!

Old September 7th, 2011, 10:02 AM   #411
DarC
DUCEATR

Indeed. They are holding up awesome to my durability testing
2001 SP1 RC51- #62 -Akrapovic Ti, PCIII, Colin Edward's first baby tooth, Honda Racing sticker, some Japanese doods best attempt at Engrish scribbled on my engine block, little touch of soul.

Old September 13th, 2011, 05:48 AM   #412
gt_turbo
ninjette.org sage

Name: L

Motorcycle(s): '09 250R, '13 CBR500R

is it just me, or does the rear brake pedal feel very weird when pressing it? it feels as if the brake pedal is too far down from the foot peg, so you really have to bend your feet to press it. anyone have a solution for raising the brake pedal higher to make it feel more like stock? i attempted to move the black plastic piece to the 2nd hole in the brake pedal arm as it seemed a little higher than the last hole on the edge, but it didn't really do too much.
gt_turbo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 13th, 2011, 06:26 AM   #413
Boosted139
ninjette.org guru

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R SE, 2009 Triumph Daytona 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt_turbo View Post
is it just me, or does the rear brake pedal feel very weird when pressing it? it feels as if the brake pedal is too far down from the foot peg, so you really have to bend your feet to press it. anyone have a solution for raising the brake pedal higher to make it feel more like stock? i attempted to move the black plastic piece to the 2nd hole in the brake pedal arm as it seemed a little higher than the last hole on the edge, but it didn't really do too much.
You can adjust the angle at which the brake peddle resides. I know mine is personally not at an optimal angle (its a bit of a "reach"), but with the area p high mount race exhaust I can't adjust it anymore because I'll be into the pipe.
Boosted139 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 13th, 2011, 07:22 AM   #414
Shaol1n Monk
shaol1n ninja stuntman

yea u can adjust using the area that screws into the master cylinder. i had to go with the brake lever just screwing onto the cylinder a little bit, but it doesnt move or loosen and my brake pedal is in a good spot. u can also lengthen the bolt that comes out of the MC a lil bit.

Old September 13th, 2011, 07:44 AM   #415
gt_turbo
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
yea u can adjust using the area that screws into the master cylinder. i had to go with the brake lever just screwing onto the cylinder a little bit, but it doesnt move or loosen and my brake pedal is in a good spot. u can also lengthen the bolt that comes out of the MC a lil bit.
yes, i was thinking that if i could extend that bolt longer it would possibly raise the brake pedal position, but i like others have a area p high mount exhaust and the pipe is already hitting the bottom of that nut. i will have to see if i can extend that mid pipe a lil bit to gain clearance for the nut.

Old September 14th, 2011, 10:16 PM   #416
Momaru
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Paul

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Candy Plasma Blue 250R

Been considering rearsets for years, but never liked any of the colors other'n silver.

Wound up checking with Dennis of Bohemian if I could get in on the GB a bit late. He (very reasonably) wouldn't give me full GB rate, but did cut me a discount ($30 off retail for me [late GB piggyback with on-hand stock] vs $40 for the GB) on the black/blue set he had on hand and a brake light switch.

He mentioned he also has a black and a black/red set on hand, if anyone else is thinking about ordering. You might be able to snag a discount as well. I initially talked to him around this time last night, they're now in the mail and estimated arrival this saturday, so BIG props to him customer service and processing time.

Very eager to see how these look/feel in person.

Old September 15th, 2011, 01:16 PM   #417
Shaol1n Monk
shaol1n ninja stuntman

thats awesome paul!
dennis is great w customers and im sure you're gonna love the rearsets!
glad you got hooked up!

Old September 18th, 2011, 01:21 PM   #418
Shaol1n Monk
shaol1n ninja stuntman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarC View Post
I wish this bike had a bigger (taller) tank. Now I feel like I need some support and it's not there!
Attachment 14351
hey DarC i feel the same way about the tank. i saw this a few weeks back. now im seriously thinking about it. gotta find preload adjusters first

checkout the tank extender about halfway down the page:

http://www.moto-works.jp/bikes/nenja250.html

Old September 18th, 2011, 01:28 PM   #419
DarC
DUCEATR

I've seen that, just wondering how much it would add, basically if it was worth it.

For now I am pausing the mods on the ninjette, other than the rear hugger,because I'm trying to buy another bike and the wife will fully take over principle riding duties on the ninjette.

If you get one keep me posted, I may do it and just have her deal with it

Old September 19th, 2011, 07:58 AM   #420
gt_turbo
ninjette.org sage

this is what we need! from chemonk-modified.com US $95. we can always beg our local Indonesian member Wayan to do a GB for this. altho shipping would probably be killer due to the size of the part.

Old September 19th, 2011, 08:03 AM   #421
DarC
DUCEATR

We only need one of those...AND someone who has the means to reproduce them for us

Old September 21st, 2011, 04:38 PM   #422
Momaru

Minor update/reminder.

Got mine installed without too many issues over the weekend. So far I'm loving them. The shifts feel so much sharper, probably due to the longer shift rod giving me better relative motion (smaller foot motion rotates the clamp on the countershaft cover itself more).

One minor hiccup was that my rear master cylinder-to-brake pedal coupler wasn't included, so I made something temporary out of some 1/4" threaded rod. Got in touch w/ Dennis and he said he'd get me the part soon.

Noticed some weird vibration at low speeds today on the right peg. Initially just thought stuff was loose because I didn't loctite them in just yet; wanted to be sure I was happy with the position.

When I got home, finally noticed what it was. The rear brake reservoir line was rubbing the tire a bit. Thankfully that big, thick protector did its job.

So, a word to the hapless, make sure your brake fluid line clears the tire when you compress the suspension. Mine was fine just sitting there, which is why I couldn't figure it out initially.

Think I may pick up some spare brake line to swap out to a shorter supply tube.

Also, for the pressure sensor, you can get a stock-type electrical connector from EasternBeaver.com. It's the 2-position Sumitomo MTW 0.110" connector, male side. Comes with the necessary pins to crimp onto the ends of the sensor wires (in place of the round pins), so you've still got your stock hardware handy, just in case.

Old September 25th, 2011, 12:01 AM   #423
smiley424

A little late to the party but I just installed my set in black on a 2009 Se. Love them! This thread and the Satori DIY helped on the install. Woodcraft clipons are next on the list.

Old September 25th, 2011, 12:30 AM   #424
Shaol1n Monk
shaol1n ninja stuntman

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiley424 View Post
A little late to the party but I just installed my set in black on a 2009 Se. Love them! This thread and the Satori DIY helped on the install. Woodcraft clipons are next on the list.
Welcome to the party! if you have some pics post em up!
ur gonna love the woodcrafts in combo with these rearsets, its like riding a totally new bike (i was told this too and was a bit skeptical at first but its true)
i love the combo, its prob my favorite mod to my bike since it has such a direct impact on control and feel.

Old October 4th, 2011, 12:33 PM   #425
paterick4o8
ninjette.org sage

Name: patricK

Motorcycle(s): '08 blue 250R [sold]. '09 lime ZX-6R [stolen :( ]. '06 blue 636.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CThunder-blue View Post
Anyone wanna sell me their old peg brackets? I don't need the full assembly, just the brackets.
I should have some. lmk if you're still interested and PM me. I'm in SJ
paterick4o8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 30th, 2011, 01:20 AM   #426
Mr.E
That rider dude.

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2011 White Ninja 250 SE.

*Bump* So I saw eds rearsets, and went ahead and ordered myself some from online. I've been looking for some red ones for a while, but only been able to find bikers. I didnt really want to spend 400 and wait a month for it to arrive. So woot woot x-)
Mods: flushmount Led front binkers, diode mod, pazzo levers, clear tank pad, racing replica grips, bike monkeys integrated tal light, zx-2r vinyls, rearsets, red bar ends, and more red accented stuff.
Mr.E is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 30th, 2011, 04:46 PM   #427
Trailerboy531
Gear crash test dummy

Name: Max

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250 race bike, 2014 ZX-636r

Dude... Kevin2109 has his red set for sale. Faillll
Posted via Mobile Device
Trailerboy531 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 30th, 2011, 04:56 PM   #428
Mr.E
That rider dude.

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2011 White Ninja 250 SE.

-_- complete fail. Why does he have them up for sale btw? jw.
Mods: flushmount Led front binkers, diode mod, pazzo levers, clear tank pad, racing replica grips, bike monkeys integrated tal light, zx-2r vinyls, rearsets, red bar ends, and more red accented stuff.
Mr.E is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 30th, 2011, 10:58 PM   #429
Trailerboy531
Gear crash test dummy

Name: Max

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250 race bike, 2014 ZX-636r

Parting out his aftermarket parts to return it to stock and then sell it.
Trailerboy531 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 17th, 2011, 07:09 PM   #430
THE BIG SITT
ninjette.org sage

Name: Andy

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Any chance of another group buy going on before next spring?
THE BIG SITT is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 17th, 2011, 09:28 PM   #431
kevheads
ninjette.org guru

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Green 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE BIG SITT View Post
Any chance of another group buy going on before next spring?
I would be interested in a GB later, maybe spring or summer. I'm in both the hugger and Area P GB's, and with Christmas around the corner, I'm going to be broke till next year.
kevheads is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 18th, 2011, 06:27 AM   #432
THE BIG SITT
ninjette.org sage

That's what Christmas is for! You gotta ask for the restarts from your parents/significant other!!! That's what I'm doing at least...

Old December 31st, 2011, 03:53 PM   #433
THE BIG SITT
ninjette.org sage

So is the part listed here: http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showp...&postcount=284

…still the part needed to get your brake light to work with these? Also, how do you install them (DIY?)?

Old January 1st, 2012, 10:11 PM   #434
CynicalC

Name: Colin

Motorcycle(s): '96 EX250

Anyone interested in offloading their oem rearsets, send me a pm!

Old January 2nd, 2012, 09:35 AM   #435
THE BIG SITT
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
So is the part listed here: http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showp...&postcount=284

…still the part needed to get your brake light to work with these? Also, how do you install them (DIY?)?
Anyone?

Old January 2nd, 2012, 09:46 AM   #436
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

Name: Nemesis

Motorcycle(s): All of them

Yes.

Old January 2nd, 2012, 09:47 AM   #437
THE BIG SITT
ninjette.org sage

How do you install it?

Old January 2nd, 2012, 09:56 AM   #438
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

Name: Nemesis

Motorcycle(s): All of them

Okay, you're asking way too many questions there buddy!

I'm kidding.

PM GT Turbo and ask him. The part I sold to him was never installed so I wouldn't know. Though when I looked at it it was pretty much straight forward.

Old January 2nd, 2012, 11:51 AM   #439
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 zx636r

@Nemesis

How Do I install these on my 636?

Old January 2nd, 2012, 01:07 PM   #440
Momaru

Quote:
How do you install it?
There's a banjo bolt connecting the rear brake line to that master cylinder, the silver bolt at the top. Just unscrew the banjo bolt and put the sensor in its place, making sure to replace the washers above & below the brake line. Expect some brake fluid leakage and MAKE SURE to bleed the air out of your brake line afterward.
Electrically, you can splice the new connections to the old spring-activated sensor, or you can get the appropriate connector from Eastern Beaver and keep the old part in tact.