ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

View Poll Results: Should I have parked in a "low-emission/fuel-efficient vehicle" parking space
Yes. The spot is designed so folks in SUVs/big trucks can't park there. 44 88.00%
No. By parking my bike there, I was acting like an asshole and should be towed 6 12.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 16th, 2013, 12:03 PM   #41
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

I've parked in a "golf carts only" parking space. I justified it thusly:
They were designated for golf carts only because cars were too long to fit. My bike fits.
They weren't made longer because there was no room to make them longer. They specified "golf carts" instead of motorcycle parking because motorcycle parking is almost non-existant in Georgia outside of college campuses and Atlanta and the city was designed to be fully traverse-able by golf carts (Peachtree City; cart paths and bridges everywhere).
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 16th, 2013, 01:00 PM   #42
ai4px
ninjette.org sage

Name: Wes

Motorcycle(s): 650r 2009 Vulcan 800 2005

Off on a tangent.... when you pull into a parking spot, do you go deep all the way in? Or park near the end where you pull in? I tend to park very shallow b/c in my car I've seen empty spots and started heading for them only to find there's a bike buried in there and have to back up. I figure if it aggravates me, it'll aggravate others.

Old April 16th, 2013, 05:11 PM   #43
Xoulrath
ninjette.org sage

Name: T

Motorcycle(s): Current: '11 ZX-6R; Previous: '09 Ninjette; '08 ZX-6R (Ex-Wife '09 TU250X)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanUc View Post
Wow, that's awful. In the summer, almost ALL our motorcycle spots get taken up.

I've gotten notes from people when I park in car spots... "park in the motorcycle spots!". It annoys me because I would if I could. One of these days, someone's going to do more than leave a note
When I take the bike to school, if I am able to park in a lot (as opposed to a spot on the side of the main drive) I just park in a white lined area if it is a busy day. The campus police don't seem to have a problem with it.

Old April 16th, 2013, 07:15 PM   #44
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Don't treat charging stations the same way!

Washington State Approves $124 Fine for "Gassers" Parking at EV Charging Stations

Quote:
Originally Posted by ai4px View Post
Off on a tangent.... when you pull into a parking spot, do you go deep all the way in? Or park near the end where you pull in? I tend to park very shallow b/c in my car I've seen empty spots and started heading for them only to find there's a bike buried in there and have to back up. I figure if it aggravates me, it'll aggravate others.
I do the same but it's more because I don't want anyone to not see it and hit it.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 16th, 2013, 08:50 PM   #45
RollTide-LDub
ninjette.org member

Name: Logan

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanUc View Post
Wow, that's awful. In the summer, almost ALL our motorcycle spots get taken up.

I've gotten notes from people when I park in car spots... "park in the motorcycle spots!". It annoys me because I would if I could. One of these days, someone's going to do more than leave a note
I've been fearful of this since the number of bikes on campus has tripled in the last 2 weeks and we only have 6 designated spots in my lot. I just figured worse comes to worst I would just park way out in a satellite lot that's usually vacant to not cause any undo aggression from the cagers.