ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old January 30th, 2010, 05:17 PM   #1
Daeldren
two wheel addict

Name: Kenneth

Motorcycle(s): 94 xlh 883, 1984 kawi gpz money pit

Remember that fabled Subaru Bike?

When I first saw pictures of the 50hp 500cc single RR bike that Supposedly used a Fuji engine I wanted that bad boy right then and there (light weight decent power output, hell yeah). But nothing more was heard about it for a while. Well I was digging around and came up with a couple answers.

Link to original page on YouTube.

Now apparently Subaru is not the builder of this bike but rather just the engine supplier which is taken from a pre existing engine used by Polaris.

Here is the confusing part, Im not sure if it being built by the Chinese or the Italians. The above video seems to be of Italian origin however I found a chinese company selling this model online (no price of it yet)

"Never mind, after watching the video again it appears to be of asian origin, my bad."

Here is a link to the supposed chinese manufacturer, may be worth it to find out how much they sell it for.

http://tandem.en.alibaba.com/product...Approval_.html

Here is a link to the man apparently behind it all
http://www.kozaru.us/ck/about_osca500.html

Daeldren is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 30th, 2010, 05:55 PM   #2
Daeldren
two wheel addict

Name: Kenneth

Motorcycle(s): 94 xlh 883, 1984 kawi gpz money pit

http://www.allterrainusa.com/MC/HS500GS.html

May have found the best source of all for info on this model, I emailed them to find out pricing and if it is available.

Note they changed the headlight it appears, I liked the MV Augusta style headlight better but she still looks good.
Daeldren is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 30th, 2010, 06:12 PM   #3
Snake
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
This is the the first time I have heard of this bike. Looks like it would make a very good intermediate bike.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 31st, 2010, 01:28 AM   #4
komohana

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 05 GSX-R 600 2003 EX250: Woodcraft Bars, Levers, Mirrors, Shim'd Mixture, Synthetic, '08 Rear Shock

i like it

Remember when sex was safe
and motorcycles were dangerous?
komohana is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 1st, 2010, 08:35 AM   #5
camaroz1985

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): 2008 WR250R, 2006 Ural Raven (Sold), 2009 Versys Green (Sold), 2008 Ninja 250R Green (Sold)

Thanks for digging this up. I was interested in it too when I heard about it. I liked the old headlight better. The new one is nice too, a bit SV650 looking.

The detail shots do look a bit cheap though.
camaroz1985 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 2nd, 2010, 09:48 AM   #6
Ingersoll

Name: Ingersoll

Motorcycle(s): ...

That's bad ass. I would be nice to see a 6-speed. Is there something wrong with having a 6 speed on a slinge? BMWs 650 single are five speeds too.
Ingersoll is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 3rd, 2010, 07:52 PM   #7
subiegy2010
noob in training

Name: Ilya

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250R (sold) '05 SV650S

I like the new style headlights. Bike looks sweet! Did the guy ever reply to your email about pricing?
subiegy2010 is offline   Reply With Quote