ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Notices

Old June 2nd, 2011, 08:12 PM   #481
oblivion007
"scandal!"

Name: Adan

Motorcycle(s): 2011 250R(Crashed 2/26/2014), 09 ER6n

Currently all I have is a speed strength jacket a helmet and some workout gloves.

Just got some money about a day ago and finished purchasing some Shift Racing Kicker Shoes, 2x shift pants and a chin guard for my HJC helmet because air gets in quite often.
oblivion007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 2nd, 2011, 08:19 PM   #482
warlord
ninjette.org guru

Name: war

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Ducati Panigale 899

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiserz View Post
Thanks guys, I'm still in the process of picking a new helmet, I went to our nearest motoshop and found the exo500, I'm liking it, the build quality and stuff, it's really a step up to my icon ssr. But I also have my eyes on the vortex for a while. mmmm choices, choices.
OK, I'm going to agree that the helmet is noisy but I'm going to disagree with the lack of ventilation. It flows air like crazy! Way more than my exo-1000. But that is exactly why it's noisy. It's not any noisier than my other helmet but it is noticeably lighter. I'm also going to say the shield mechanism an optical quality is better than what is on the exo-1000. Shield changes are a snap.

As for the transitions shield... simply awesome!
warlord is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 2nd, 2011, 08:59 PM   #483
Liber
ninjette.org sage

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): EX250J

My Gear with my thoughts:

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showt...519#post302519
Liber is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 3rd, 2011, 12:24 PM   #484
Linuss
ninjette.org guru

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

I'm officially ATGATT!

A* Air Flo mesh jacket-- Crash tested, Paramedic approved!

Scorpion EXO-500-- I put on the red reflective tape.

Speed and Strength Moment of Truth boots-- Comfortable enough with no laces. Only downside is the ankle is a bit stiff, but should break in.

First Gear gloves-- Would NOT recommend. They are starting to fray around the knuckles on both hands. Going to replace pretty darn soon.

BILT Apollo Textile pants-- Well.. they're motorcycle pants. Thyey have zip-off panels which reveal a mesh area which is supposed to help with cooling--- I didn't notice any. In the 100*, 35 minute ride home, I took off the pants and my legs were clearly sweaty. Don't know if the same happened with jeans but the jeans just whisked the sweat away or what. I'm just going to assume the pants are meant for milder weather... probably going to return them for mesh pants.
Linuss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 3rd, 2011, 03:33 PM   #485
kaiserz
There's a limit to s2pdty

Name: A.D.

Motorcycle(s): 250r ninja (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by warlord View Post
OK, I'm going to agree that the helmet is noisy but I'm going to disagree with the lack of ventilation. It flows air like crazy! Way more than my exo-1000. But that is exactly why it's noisy. It's not any noisier than my other helmet but it is noticeably lighter. I'm also going to say the shield mechanism an optical quality is better than what is on the exo-1000. Shield changes are a snap.

As for the transitions shield... simply awesome!
I ordered the vortex, I'm also gonna get the trans lens (: (I'ma use the lens when I upgrade to an RS1)
kaiserz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 3rd, 2011, 06:51 PM   #486
rusninja
Ninjette wanabe :D

Name: Ruslan

Motorcycle(s): white 300 :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiserz View Post
Thanks guys, I'm still in the process of picking a new helmet, I went to our nearest motoshop and found the exo500, I'm liking it, the build quality and stuff, it's really a step up to my icon ssr. But I also have my eyes on the vortex for a while. mmmm choices, choices.
i have a exo 500 oil slick helmet x]
rusninja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 4th, 2011, 04:57 PM   #487
JulietP
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Juliet

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

Definitely ATGATT!

Helmet---HJC IS16
Jacket---Joe Rocket Phoenix 4.0 and Kawasaki Super Sport Replica
Gloves---Speed and Strength Twist of Fate
Boots---Icon Standard
Misc---leg armor (off-brand)

Rain Gear----Icon PDX rain jackst (hi-vis yellow) and Cortech rain pants with Filedsheer Aqua Sport gloves

For cold weather riding, I also have a Fieldsheer Siberia jacket and Fieldsheer Polar gloves.

JulietP is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 9th, 2011, 12:06 AM   #488
cuong-nutz
RIP Alex

Name: Cuong

Motorcycle(s): '10 250r, '09 265r

Helmet: Scorpion Ex-400 Octane
Jacket: Shift Avenger textile
Gloves: A* GP Pro
Pants: regular denim jeans
Knee/shin armor: Icon Field Armor
Boots: Biltong Trackstar

Track:
Dainese 1997 one piece

Old June 15th, 2011, 07:34 PM   #489
Honko
ninjette.org sage

Name: Hyon

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Green SE

So I was looking through this thread because it's just fun looking at other people's gear when I came across this. I realize it's from over a year ago but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyronne1126 View Post
what jacket is that? looks good.

leathers dont seem to fit me.. from what ive seen.

im 6'1 and only 130lbs >.> .. any ideas? thanksss
Wtf?
Honko is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 15th, 2011, 07:58 PM   #490
kaiserz

^ o.o ohh shitt how is that possible?????

Old June 15th, 2011, 08:28 PM   #491
shiroganeshinobi
ninjette.org guru

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250R SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honko View Post
So I was looking through this thread because it's just fun looking at other people's gear when I came across this. I realize it's from over a year ago but...

Wtf?
Semi Tall skinny gent. Lanky fellow I presume.
shiroganeshinobi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 15th, 2011, 08:46 PM   #492
Linuss
ninjette.org guru

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

I'm 6'2" and 155-160ish...not that much of a rarity.
Linuss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 15th, 2011, 08:56 PM   #493
kaiserz

we're talking about 130lbs here, I'm 6'1" and I'm skinny at 160lbs o.o that's like "dude what the hell happened to you?? you look sick" right now I'm at 185lbs, and 175 is my "you look awesome weight "

Old June 15th, 2011, 09:02 PM   #494
Honko
ninjette.org sage

I was just pointing out how shocked I was with the height to weight ratio. Before I started working out and was pretty skinny at 145 and I'm only 5'8". Obviously your body is your body and I'm no one to judge, but that just seems incredibly unhealthy is all I'm saying.

Old June 16th, 2011, 05:21 AM   #495
Liber
ninjette.org sage

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): EX250J

I have a cousin that is 6'0 125lbs. He has an incredibly high metabolism. He's very picky about what he eats, but he downs Tuna subs from subway like nothing else

I find it fascinating that the kid can down 3 milkshakes, candy, several bags of chips almost every day, and he remains just skin, bones, and the very minimum amount of muscle.
Liber is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 27th, 2011, 08:42 PM   #496
jamesio
ninjette.org guru

Name: Moe

Motorcycle(s): None

Question

So I have only been riding for about two months now and when I got my bike I didn't have much more to spend on gear. The good thing is what I do have, I wear...all the time, everytime.

I was wondering what you guys wear? Do you guys gear up for the occassion? Do you have a main set of gear that is your work horse for commuting? If you are going on a group ride through some twisty backroads do you wear your commuting gear, or leathers?

I had my eye on a shift avenger textile jacket to get next, but now I have decided to save my money and put it toward a nice leather jacket. Right now I'm in love with Alpinestars Drift Leather Jacket...I love the vintage look. And it would go nicely with my 09 SE paint job

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/a...leather-jacket

What do you guys think of the torque jeans combined with knee/shin guards compared to say a pair of armored textile pants? Should I get a pair of textile pants or save up for leather pants? Oh and by the way I hate those parachute pants, like those armored over pants that are all super baggy and flap in the wind like crazy.

I have

Scorpion Exo-700 Predator Helmet ($135)

I love this helmet, it has great ventilation and a lot of features for the price.

SHIFT Mesh Backdraft Jacket ($100)

A great jacket that has been keeping me cool this summer, but doesn't sacrifice on protection.

SHIFT chaos gloves ($30)

Again, they keep my hands cool, though they only have hard armor over the ring and pinkie fingers.

SHIFT torque jeans ($60)

I couldn't afford over armored pants so these were the next best thing. I actually love these jeans. They have a great fit and I can fit my knee/shin guards under them.

SHIFT enforcer knee/shin guards ($12)

These are actually awesome guards for the price. They are protective and stay in place all day. I can even be off my bike walking around for hours and they will stay put over my knee.

Tourmaster Road boots SC ($79)

Awesome boots. Leather and they go a bit over my ankle bone. They also have hard armor built in for the ankle bone.

I'm trying to get a better idea for what I should be looking at for my future gear purchases.
jamesio is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 2nd, 2011, 11:13 PM   #497
ratlab
ratlab

Name: reese

Motorcycle(s): gsxr1000,R3x2,RC390,FZ07,XR100

if i"m just croozin-draggin kevlar jeans -agv avenger mesh jacket lots of armored areas with titanium -revit gloves and oxtar boots-if i'm serious i wear sedici leather pants and revit leather perforated jacket with prexport boots and a-star gloves-at the track dainese leathers -a-star super-tech boots and spidi gloves-always arai corsair helmet
ratlab is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 2nd, 2011, 11:23 PM   #498
banhbaoo
ninjette.org member

Name: Bao

Motorcycle(s): 08 250r Red

Helmet: Scorpion EXO 700 Chameleon
Jacket: Joe Rocket Kawasaki Replica Mesh Jacket
Gloves: Joe Rocket Speedmaster 8.0
Pants: A* P1 Sport Touring Drystar
Boots: A* S-MX R

would probably never buy joe rocket gear again, looks great but it feels kind of cheap imo
banhbaoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 14th, 2011, 07:49 AM   #499
2.5LGT
ninjette.org member

Name: Gao

Motorcycle(s): 05 xz6r 636, 10' Ninja 250R SE Green (sold)

Helmet: Gmax 68s
Jacket: Icon Accelerant leather with upgraded SAS back protector
Gloves: Shift Bullet
Pants: Still searching....
Boots: A* S-MX-5 (backordered )
2.5LGT is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 14th, 2011, 10:29 PM   #500
wtf
ninjette.org member

Name: sean

Motorcycle(s): '13 Monster 696 ABS, '08 250R Ninja, Black (Sold),

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtf View Post
Here it is:

Shoei RF1100 (+ Dark Smoke Visor) Helmet
A* Barcelona Textile Jacket
A* SP2 Gloves
A* Roam Boots
Joe Rocket Ballistic 7.0 Textile Pants

I'm thinking of getting some Sidi Boots as well...
New addition to the closet. A brand new A* CR perforated leather jacket on eBay for $220. I managed to fit in a SasTec back armor as well. Fits like a glove.

wtf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 15th, 2011, 08:49 PM   #501
clintalmighty
ninjette.org member

Name: Clint

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r 2009 Honda CBR600RR

^^^Strong do want^^^
clintalmighty is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 16th, 2011, 11:13 AM   #502
EL_Morono
ninjette.org member

Name: AAA

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

Just bought the Alpinestars SP-8 gloves and an RS-Taichi armed high protection mesh jacket. The jacket actually fits me pretty well compared to the Scorpion NFS jacket so that makes me really happy. However, as for the gloves, they are a little uncomfortable but I don't know why. It just applies pressure on my hand in weird places when I try to work the bike.

Now I have to do something with the spare jacket.
EL_Morono is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 16th, 2011, 11:24 AM   #503
fyv0h
ninjette.org member

Name: Jesse

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250r, of the blue variety (bestowed to Ninja_Duck22), 1998 CBR Smokin' Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
What's in Your Closet???
My brother's sexuality.

(Has anyone made this kind of joke yet? I started looking but gave up after page one. If it has in fact been made, or if it offends, please disregard. And just in case my brother ever comes to this site, "Just kidding, dude. Your secret is safe with me!")
fyv0h is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 17th, 2011, 09:46 AM   #504
gfloyd2002
User Title Free Since '12

Name: Floyd

Motorcycle(s): '10 Ninja 250R Special Edition Green

MOTM - Feb '12
Time for an update. My old gear posted below was an improvement over my old-school jeans and street boots, but I've improved further. New gear set:

"Improvement makes straight roads, but the crooked roads without improvement, are roads of genius." — William Blake
gfloyd2002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 18th, 2011, 10:55 AM   #505
YORCHI
n00b

Name: Jorge

Motorcycle(s): Blue 2010 Ninja 250

My first and current set of gear is the SHOEI RF-1100 matte black helmet, Cortech Accelerator gloves, Cortech FSX-2 jacket, and Alpinestars Roam Waterproof boots...love everything thus far!
YORCHI is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 23rd, 2011, 04:03 AM   #506
DarC
DUCEATR

Name: Dan

Motorcycle(s): RVT1000R

Helmet: S&S Run with the Bulls, gold iridium lense; SUOMY Spec1 Anthracite Flower...
Gloves: Cortech Acellerator; (looking for a set of gauntlets)
Jacket: Leather: A* Black Label Spinner; Text: ICON Contra
Pants: Jeans or ACU's with ICON striker knee and shorts
Boots: Ariats or Danner (looking for a set of race boots)
Leathers: Picking up a 2pc. Rev'it GT Corse today.

My weakest points as far as coverage are my legs and ankle support. I am working on it and don't mind riding to work in full leathers/boots and changing there. It just takes time to replace all the old non-fitting stuff with nice new stuff when I clear the purchases through the wife....what it really means is I buy one for me AND her.
2001 SP1 RC51- #62 -Akrapovic Ti, PCIII, Colin Edward's first baby tooth, Honda Racing sticker, some Japanese doods best attempt at Engrish scribbled on my engine block, little touch of soul.
DarC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 28th, 2011, 09:12 PM   #507
Gurk
Done here.

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): -

Helmet : Nexx XR1R
Jacket : A* GP-R
Gloves : A* GP Plus
Boots : A* Octane
Gurk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 1st, 2011, 08:04 PM   #508
Rexbo
CVMA / AFM / M1GP #250

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r, 2011 Zero S, 2009 KLR 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurk View Post
Helmet : Nexx XR1R
Jacket : A* GP-R
Gloves : A* GP Plus
Boots : A* Octane
hey how do you like the Nexx helmet? I was gonna try one out the other day to see how airflow was vs my Shoei X-12 but never got around to it
Rexbo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 1st, 2011, 09:56 PM   #509
Gurk
Done here.

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexbo View Post
hey how do you like the Nexx helmet? I was gonna try one out the other day to see how airflow was vs my Shoei X-12 but never got around to it
A-MA-ZING

I've only tried Shoei X12 and Nexx XR1R on a bike.

Size : Large X12 was a tiny bit large on my head. XR1R Medium was tiny bit too snug but I now wore it for 10+ hours and it seems to have fit my face a bit better. I don't feel too snug anymore. Just right. From this I take it that both helmets are true to size.

Visor : Only reason I would advise against XR1R would be if you like to swap smoked/clear visors a lot. I imagine unscrewing and screwing those bolts everytime must be a pain in the a$$. Nexx' excuse is trying to cut grams every single place they can so I think it's justified. I ordered the dark visor but I feel like I won't use that much. It looks badass but clear visor+sunglasses seem more practical.

Eye port : Ridiculously large. I swear I have to check to see if the helmet is on my head sometimes. Eye port is so large that you feel like you don't have a helmet on. Side to side I forgot how it compares to X12 but vertically, there's no comparision. XR1R is crazy.

Weight : Heaven. One of the lightest helmets. I didn't even shell out for the carbon model. Regular model is light enough. Besides, I enjoy flat white a bit more. Way lighter than X12.

Ventilation / Airflow / Noise : I don't have much to compare to. But my exhaust is way more audible than the wind. As far as ventilation, again, I don't have much to compare to. My hair sweats a bit but my face is nice and cool. I tried getting in tuck position and realized this helmet is great when you're tucked. I can't compare it to X12 because I wore X12 only in MSF course and we didn't go that fast.

I would 100% vouch for Nexx XR1R and/or Carbon version if you got the extra cash and like the graphics on those.
Gurk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 1st, 2011, 10:56 PM   #510
EL_Morono
ninjette.org member

Name: AAA

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

The Scorpion EXO-400 so far has been great, but one thing I can't handle is the wind noise. I'm going to invest in some earplugs so need to do research on that.

I have also been eyeing the AGV K3 helmet, mostly because it is so damn light and it costs around 170. I kind of want to check it out but am a little afraid of the sizing of the helmet.
EL_Morono is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 3rd, 2011, 04:58 AM   #511
Pete22x
ninjette.org member

Name: Pete

Motorcycle(s): '09 SE GREEN 250

Also have an a-stars, stunt leather jacket that's way too thick to wear in 90 degrees.

Old August 3rd, 2011, 04:59 AM   #512
Pete22x
ninjette.org member

Name: Pete

Motorcycle(s): '09 SE GREEN 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL_Morono View Post
The Scorpion EXO-400 so far has been great, but one thing I can't handle is the wind noise. I'm going to invest in some earplugs so need to do research on that.

I have also been eyeing the AGV K3 helmet, mostly because it is so damn light and it costs around 170. I kind of want to check it out but am a little afraid of the sizing of the helmet.
I agree with you on the helmet, it's also probably slightly too round for my taste. It makes me look like a lollipop, and I don't wanna be a sucker.

Old August 7th, 2011, 06:31 AM   #513
skullzyer
ninjette.org newbie

Name: J.

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250r

My gear. Helmet is currently not worth showing.

skullzyer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 10th, 2011, 12:14 AM   #514
pilotgeorge747
ninjette.org guru

Name: George

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250r 03 Yamaha R6 (Project bike)

Jacket-Fieldsheer Congo Air
Pants-AGV Sport Solare Vented Pants
Gloves-Teknic Xcelerator Gloves
Boots-Cortech Latigo Waterproof
Helmet-Zox Corsa R Tork
Extra protection-Armored Air Jacket Vest (worn over jacket)
pilotgeorge747 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 10th, 2011, 01:03 AM   #515
Mountain Dew
Ambrosia.

Name: Jaymie

Motorcycle(s): 1974 Honda CB550K0 W.I.P.

Helmet: Shoei TZ-R black/white
Jacket: Icon Arc black
Gloves: Joe Rocket Phoenix 4.0 black
Boots: Icon Tarmac white

Old August 11th, 2011, 10:57 AM   #516
capriccio
ninjette.org member

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R

Helmet: Zox Spectra R (Speedfreak).
Gloves: Fieldsheer Attack
Jackets: A* Stage Perforated Leather and Fieldsheer Monza II textile.
Boots: Fly Racing Milepost touring boots.
Pants: still looking :P
capriccio is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 11th, 2011, 11:32 AM   #517
Honko
ninjette.org sage

For a lot of these responses:

:

Old August 19th, 2011, 07:01 AM   #518
jamesio
ninjette.org guru

Name: Moe

Motorcycle(s): None

Just got a bunch of new gear! I got some handroids and a dianese racing leather jacket I am totally in love with the jacket

Its a big improvement over my shift mesh jacket and gloves.

Here are some pics!

I got a pair of sidi st air boots also comin in today.

I will post at ATGATT pic later today with me wearing all my gear!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1309.jpg (76.0 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1311.jpg (66.9 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1312.jpg (94.9 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1313.jpg (95.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1314.jpg (100.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1316.jpg (87.0 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1317.JPG (139.2 KB, 7 views)

Old August 19th, 2011, 07:10 AM   #519
Honko
ninjette.org sage

Mmmmm white. Too bad it's such a pain in the ass to clean, I have to clean my jacket probably every 4 days

Old August 19th, 2011, 07:20 AM   #520
DerTeufel
ninjette.org member

Name: Aaron

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2009 KTM 690 SMC, 2001 Suzuki GSX-R 750 (track bike)

I've acquired a massive pile of gear over the years. Here's what I'm currently using.

Street (commuting or canyons)
Jacket: Tourmaster Transition 2
Pants: Cortech Apex Air
Boots: Gaerne SG-10 supermoto boots OR TCX S-Race
Gloves: Cortech Accelerator

Track
NJK one-piece leather suit
Boots: TCX S-Race
Gloves: AGV Malibu
Back Protector: Dainese

Helmet(s)
Shoei RF1000 OR X-Twelve

I still have my Spartan leather suit and I also have a Joe Rocket mesh jacket.
DerTeufel is offline   Reply With Quote