ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ninjettes At Speed

Old June 28th, 2011, 02:19 PM   #1
saber63
ninjette.org member

Name: F

Motorcycle(s): '90 250 project, '03 250r, '14 STR,12 STR, '01 R6

motor prep for a pregen?

so ive got my motor pulled apart to rebuild it, i spun a rod bearing :| and trying to get as much info on cheapish mods that can be done to the motor to make it live longer in a race setting, or make more power without sacrificing much reliability.

so i need atleast 1 new piston(it was hitting the head) conrod (it doesnt look to good) i have a spare crank if this one is to far gone.

any advise here? the JE pistons may be a bit rich for my blood, if its less then $300 for a full set(pistons rings etc..), i might be able to swing it... whats the difference tween the OE con rods? size? or weight?

going to switch to an E-water pump. to reduce water pump losses.

there where some oiling mods that need to be done, does anyone know of them? the stock oil pump has issues but cant remember the fix, along with a pick up issue, or was it return lines?

probably going to skip having the crank lightened up as ive herd they love to eat main bearings then, and its not cheap... but is there some oil passage work to be done here?

can we pull any weight off the flywheel? its got enough rotational mass!

any head related stuff? probably going to skip port work, as im not looking hudge gains in power. and if gain to much, ill just break something else... but is there any valve work to increase motor life/power? swapping to postgen heads?

also anything needing changed for good measure? like timming chain? tensioner? etc... motor only had ~5Kmiles on it. tranny looks new!

anything you guys know about would be a great help! Thanks!

oh also best place to pick up the rebuild parts, gaskets piston rings etc... cause that stufff adds up fast!

-Levi
saber63 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 28th, 2011, 05:57 PM   #2
ztrack157
The Sportisi Master

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250

talk to 2Wheelguy he is the pre gen guru for race mods. if you want his email pm me