Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ride Reports

Old September 3rd, 2011, 08:22 PM   #121
phr3ek
meow?

Name: kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2004 636

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil_Green_Demon View Post
Any of you guys anywhere near Moreno Valley? Maybe Riverside or Colton even? I'd like to follow someone to the meet because I'm not very good with directions and if I print out directions through MapQuest, I'll be pulling over on the highway every several miles to check the paper.
My phone number is (951) two six nine-0982.
If anyone's all right with the idea of letting me follow, please text me. I'm willing to wake up early in the morning to meet you up somewhere I can go to without requiring directions.
i live in fontucky if you wanna meet up

IIRC its off the 210 and sunflower
phr3ek is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 3rd, 2011, 09:32 PM   #122
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
i'm trying to figure out how do you carry a front stand on a motorcycle? strap it to your back? to the tail?

Old September 3rd, 2011, 09:43 PM   #123
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

OK, something weird is happening to my new rear sprocket. It may be the chain so I don't want to buy a new one until I know. Does anyone have an old rear sprocket they can bring?

Also, I need a few holes drilled in my swingarm cover, so if anyone can bring the stuff to do that, I'd much appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phr3ek View Post
i can bring the necessary tools for my oil change (ratchet, socket, big ass pliers and funnel)
chain breaker/riveter for the sprocket swap

but i will need a fairly long breaker bar, torque wrench and socket
and most likely a hammer and chisel if there's a washer bent to hold the lock nut in place

i can bring all, except the chisel, but i'd prefer not to since its quite a way from my house

anyways you guys have my number so just text me the details

also i will be bringing le gopro and head strap for those who want to put together a DIY video
I replaced my 15T sprocket along with my rear sprocket, but it actually looks fine. I'm bringing my big T-handle thing that gives tons of leverage but I think I left my 24mm socket at KC's or something because it's gone now. It sounds like you're doing your front sprocket, but if you are also doing your rear, may I ask for your original?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil_Green_Demon View Post
Any of you guys anywhere near Moreno Valley? Maybe Riverside or Colton even? I'd like to follow someone to the meet because I'm not very good with directions and if I print out directions through MapQuest, I'll be pulling over on the highway every several miles to check the paper.
My phone number is (951) two six nine-0982.
If anyone's all right with the idea of letting me follow, please text me. I'm willing to wake up early in the morning to meet you up somewhere I can go to without requiring directions.
Tank bag with windowed map pocket!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok View Post
I can head that way and pick you up, which freeway is closest to you? How far away from the 91 are you? Pick a place near a freeway to meet and I'll give you a time once I gps the location. I'll be on a red fz6.

Anyone stoping at like a home depot or is there one near Adrians place? I need some paint. I'll bring some tools as well, enough to do most normal maintiance to a bike.
I have a new can of high-temp flat black that I intended to use on my exhaust but never did and won't be able to before I move back east. Is that what you need?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
i'm trying to figure out how do you carry a front stand on a motorcycle? strap it to your back? to the tail?
When I bought mine and rode home I had it mine protruding from a back-pack with the arms on either side of my helmet but I kept banging my helmet against them.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 3rd, 2011, 09:57 PM   #124
Havok
Internet Slut

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): 04 FZ1, 07 FZ6

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
What do you need it for and how long? I ask because I know there is one at kens house and I think he will be home working on his bike. Worse comes to worse we can ride over in the afternoon or something.

Jett that is exactly what I need so I can defiantly use it. I am bringing the tail bag for you.
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 3rd, 2011, 10:20 PM   #125
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Awesome! Thanks a lot. It will be very useful for the trip and I'll have it back to you in plenty of time for when you need it next. I'll be sure to bring the paint and sand paper.

Old September 3rd, 2011, 11:43 PM   #126
phr3ek
meow?

jet, im doing both front and back
BUT i DONT have a 250r, i sold it to kevin
im gonna work on my 636

Old September 4th, 2011, 01:01 AM   #127
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by phr3ek View Post
jet, im doing both front and back
BUT i DONT have a 250r, i sold it to kevin
im gonna work on my 636
Damn! Thanks anyway, though.

Old September 4th, 2011, 05:51 AM   #128
ninja250
You are sleeping

Name: Casey

Motorcycle(s): 2

Sent all who inquired directions to adrians. When I get to his house i'll use my iphone to see if we left anyone behind so hurry up and send directions request if you want to come!

I need to go to BErt's and buy gloves today. Thick stunt gloves that will never rip.
I'm going through alpinestars crap left and right. We can go look at the new bikes and you can all watch me cry over the GSXR's.

I'm gonna shower and head over to GMR for an early run and then down to Adrians now.

See you guys later.

Jet you can have my old rear sprocket when I pull it off. the chain and front sprocket too if you need it. They all have 10,000 on them though. =P
See ya later.
ninja250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 4th, 2011, 07:24 AM   #129
Hitman
ninjette.org member

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r Special Edition (Red/Black) / 2008 Suzuki GSXR 600 (Silver/White) / Ducati Diavel Carbon Red

I hope someone has a spark plug gap tool... I think that is the only odd tool I dont have.

Old September 4th, 2011, 10:35 AM   #130
Amezcua
ninjette.org member

Name: joe

Motorcycle(s): zx10r (2011 ninja250r sold)

Fml I wanted to go to this but I am working till 2:30pm

Old September 4th, 2011, 08:10 PM   #131
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja250 View Post
...Jet you can have my old rear sprocket when I pull it off. the chain and front sprocket too if you need it. They all have 10,000 on them though. =P
See ya later.
My original still looked great after 13K when my replacement was ruined in under 9K, so I'll still take it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
I hope someone has a spark plug gap tool... I think that is the only odd tool I dont have.
What is this exactly? Is it needed for standard spark plugs? I thought I was just going to buy the right spark plugs and install them using the tool from the OEM tool kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amezcua View Post
Fml I wanted to go to this but I am working till 2:30pm
FTW: One less person to see me drop my bike when stopping in dirt.

Old September 4th, 2011, 10:24 PM   #132
phr3ek
meow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
What is this exactly? Is it needed for standard spark plugs? I thought I was just going to buy the right spark plugs and install them using the tool from the OEM tool kit.
it looks like a half dollar coin with measurements around the edge and a hole

most spark plugs come pre-gapped but its always good practice to double check them with a gap tool

having proper gapping makes for proper ignition timing and just the right amount of voltage to get it to spark

learned these facts this past week at school actually

Old September 4th, 2011, 10:54 PM   #133
Lil_Green_Demon
Winging It In Life

Name: Umar

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250R; 2011 250R (sold)

Nice meeting everyone.
Let's hang out again sometime soon.

Old September 4th, 2011, 11:05 PM   #134
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 zx636r

Today was definitely a blast! And yes, we all need to ride again

Old September 5th, 2011, 12:00 AM   #135
ninja250
You are sleeping

Goods stuff, good times and good people.
An extremely successful tech day.
Great choice on the burger joint! Wish I coulda ate more but I don't eat much when I ride or I'll get sick.

Adrian, we love you. We will all be happy to see you back on the forum as your perky self. Thanks for the drinks and the snacks and the use of your garage. I will be back in a day or two, to put the icing on the cake for the work we did on your motorcycle. You gonna like this. Sorry didn't get you all squared away today but you know I'll take care of ya. That gauge we installed in your tachometer is just too much! Looks amazing! Factory even!

Got lots fo work on Sixer's bike done. Feels nice with 100 mains, Two bro's exhaust, shimmed needles and a bit of hard work.
Needs idle mixture screws adjusted further and carb synchronization.
Still amazed we got the carbs out with the airbox still in!
That's one for the record books. Thanks for the help with the boots. I owe ya some work. Amazingly we saved the day with my carb screwdriver from home.
I don't know how I forgot I had it.

Jet, I'm sorry to see the dirt bail brother. I was right there when it happened.
Luckily it looks as though it wasn't a frame bender and totally fixable.
I was hoping you'd be the last of the crew to find the ground today knowing you have a journey ahead of you. That was interesting seeing how your sprockets act in the hills! I believe that was a totally normal reaction with the 15/43!
It'll give ya some trouble getting up the tough stuff. Also are you shimmed at all or jetted?

Kevin - you the man! Slow down though haha.
Hard to control the wrist on the larger bikes ey?
Too much fun. Have fun and be safe.

Umar - I can tell you and me gonna get along good buddy!
Bring the green machine by tomorrow and I'll see what I can do for ya.

Other Kevin! Good to finally meet you! We need to swap yo sprocket.
If you get bored and feel like riding idyllwild come by and we'll get it done.
Sorry, I may be far!

Jeff! I missed ya on the way out dammit. Next time for sure.
I was so focused on going home that I even forget to stop and get gas for sixer. Totally spaced it brother. Worked my ass off today and got butthurt at burts cause they never have my stuff. You are one stand up guy always helping out at the Tech Days. I look forward to seeing you at the next one!

John - Nice to meet ya man! Good looking bike you have there!
Wish mine looked so nice still. I'd put LED lights on it like Kevin's. haha.
shoulda brought the GSXR! I'm jealous! I need one toooooooooo.

Alex S. and Jojo owe us $20 ea!

Me I low sided my bike dragging knees at 3MPH in circles out front of Adrian's! Yeah baby! Had to get that crash out of the way. I was wondering just how slow you could go while dragging and I found out! no damage to me or my bike obviously, moving at less than walking speed.

Great day.
Just sorry to see Jet lay it down. He did great on GMR I was surprised! It was the turn outs that got him! Would have rather it been me any day.

Filling up the lot. Good food at Five Guys!

No crashes from the turns of GMR today! We love you GMR!
For those that personally know every corner, she is a real treat.
You all did well in the corners today.

Here's the gauge I half finished on adrians' bike in the tach!
This pic is with flash. For some reason the digit looks funny in the photo but looks regular in person.

Here's no flash! Good thing the LED is only on during neutral lol.
I can control the brightness in the program too or by changing a resistor if need be.
It is actually the shift light LED.

Old September 5th, 2011, 12:06 AM   #136
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Damn, whos sexy orange bike is that?

Old September 5th, 2011, 12:09 AM   #137
ninja250
You are sleeping

I don't know but he should paint it blue and white

Argg damn you, you got me liking the 636. I always heard those were cool.

Must get Suzi must get Suzi must get a Suzi.

don't laugh when I go buy a single cylinder 250 lol.
I want a new bike and can't afford a new GSXR yet.

I still ****** need gloves!

Old September 5th, 2011, 08:56 AM   #138
Lil_Green_Demon
Winging It In Life

I've got a few crappy cell phone pics. I'll upload more later.

One of the sexiest bikes there!

An ER2N.

Stopping at GMR

The dream bike. 848 Evo

Old September 5th, 2011, 08:59 AM   #139
Lil_Green_Demon
Winging It In Life

A few more:

Jeff's FZ6 & HB's (stolen) 636

Last futzed with by Lil_Green_Demon; September 5th, 2011 at 02:03 PM.
Lil_Green_Demon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 5th, 2011, 09:04 AM   #140
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Quote:
Jet, I'm sorry to see the dirt bail brother. I was right there when it happened.
Luckily it looks as though it wasn't a frame bender and totally fixable.
I was hoping you'd be the last of the crew to find the ground today knowing you have a journey ahead of you. That was interesting seeing how your sprockets act in the hills! I believe that was a totally normal reaction with the 15/43!
It'll give ya some trouble getting up the tough stuff. Also are you shimmed at all or jetted?
It was just running badly for some strange reason. I already knew something was up because I couldn't accelerate on the downhill portions either (stuck at ~8K RPM, even when down-shifting). After we stopped and I mentioned it, I turned it off, opened the tank, closed it, and continued on normally while it performed beautifully through GMR and on. The tank was pretty full so I hesitate to blame the notorious tank vacuum. I'm puzzled.

Yeah, there definately isn't going to be any damage beyond the rearset and possibly the part of the frame it mounts to. The rearset adjuster threads made it clear that even a simple standing drop with no visible damage can tweak the mount on the frame a bit. I guess it's probably easy to tweak back by threading some bolts in there and bending them forward.

That said, I do have a couple strange electrical quirks after the drop. The bike ONLY starts in neutral and the light behind the speedometer keeps going out. It's not the kick stand switch or else it would turn off as soon as I put it in gear. I'm stumped.

Quote:
Great day.
Just sorry to see Jet lay it down. He did great on GMR I was surprised! It was the turn outs that got him! Would have rather it been me any day.
No crashes from the turns of GMR today! We love you GMR!
For those that personally know every corner, she is a real treat.
You all did well in the corners today.
Yeah. I didn't know where GMR started or ended, so I was set up to go around the turn when I saw bikes off to the side. It took a second to see if it was our group and that was one second less I had for checking the oncoming lane so, to clear the lane faster, I pulled over on the left going a bit faster than I otherwise would have. That, of course, required me to slow down in dirt, which doesn't work so well. Even so, I thought I had it and was actually taking my hand off to wave. I'm guessing that I was at about walking speed when it happened and probably could have prevented it with a boot if it were on pavement. I now know that it doesn't matter that you stopped the bike from leaning over by putting your foot down in loose dirt/dust because even if your foot doesn't slip, the tires will just push away in the opposite direction and take the bike down anyway. I'm pretty sure I was also turning a bit to navigate and that's what triggered the unrecoverable lean. Lessons learned. Get to walking speed before going in the dirt and then WALK IT. No braking, leaning, etc. I already knew all that but, never having been on a group ride or in twisties, I was too focused on GMR advice to suddenly switch mindsets.

Last futzed with by CZroe; September 5th, 2011 at 02:33 PM.

Old September 5th, 2011, 09:08 AM   #141
Lil_Green_Demon
Winging It In Life

Also, Kevin (non-HB), thanks for letting me follow you on GMR. I probably would've crashed early on if I didn't watch you go through the corners. Thanks, bro.

I've got more pics. I'll upload them a bit later.

KC, see you in a few hours. I don't want to call you right now in case you're asleep. I'm only awake early now because I got a cramp in my leg. Need to eat more bananas now. Haha

Old September 5th, 2011, 09:46 AM   #142
Lil_Green_Demon
Winging It In Life

Thanks Jeff for riding with me to Adrian's.

Big thanks to Adrian for letting us hang out at his place all day.

John, you should've stayed to ride on GMR with us. It was definitely an amazing ride.

HB, nice bike & it was cool chilling with you.

Sorry that we forgot to stop at a gas station, Mel. Hopefully you got home safely. Nice meeting you, man.

Jet, it sucks that you dropped your bike, but it happens & thankfully your bike isn't too badly damaged.

Kevin, it was awesome of you to stay behind the pack so I can follow you through the crazy ass GMR road! Also, you were the MOST geared up squid of all-time! lol j/k

Lastly, KC, it was definitely a pleasure meeting you. It's nice to meet someone who knows how to work on bikes thoroughly. Maybe I can learn a bit from you and be able to do maintenance work on my own bike. I don't want to pay a stealership 100's of dollars for work I can possibly do on my own.

We should all definitely hang out again.

Old September 5th, 2011, 09:49 AM   #143
Lil_Green_Demon
Winging It In Life

And here are the last of the pics:

Hanging out at the top of GMR.

Jet's 250R

Adrian's 250R

KC's stuntin' 250R

John's 250R

Jeff's FZ6

636 & FZ6

Gasp! The 636 changed colors!

Last futzed with by Lil_Green_Demon; September 5th, 2011 at 02:04 PM.
Lil_Green_Demon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 5th, 2011, 11:07 AM   #144
Havok
Internet Slut

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): 04 FZ1, 07 FZ6

Wow what a day! I was so effing exhausted when i got home! First off a great big thanks to Addrian and his family for opening up their house to our rag tag group of hooligans. I hope to be able to pay it back and host one of these someday.

Another big ass thanks to Kasey! He was bouncing back and forth between a couple of bikes Jetting and tuning one of them and installing electronics in the other all while being dehydrated and not felling well. Dude seriously we appreciate having someone who can and is willing to do all that for us. I cant wait till i get one of your guages installed on my bike! that **** looks so damn sweet.

It was a long day, left the south bay at 7:30 and didn't get home till 10:30 and it was so worth it. Met a bunch of new people, hung out and talked about bikes and each other, teased HB a lot, ate bomb ass burgers and had an epic ride on gmr. First time on anything that twisty with the fazer and man was it fun, Thank god i put solid front pads on her as they got a work out lol.
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 5th, 2011, 12:41 PM   #145
ninja250
You are sleeping

Jet! I have a right hand rearset for you.
PM me your address!

Umar I hate those leg cramps! lol

Heading down to Chaparral now to look for gloves and a 110 link 520 chain.

Old September 5th, 2011, 01:04 PM   #146
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Good call on disconnecting the blinker, Badger. I didn't think about it and, if it shorted out at the other end, I would have had to switch to my last spare fuse right after I blew one the night before! You somehow managed but I can never seem to get that connector off by hand and instead have to lift the catch using something really thin (always have my folding allen keys and the smallest one works perfectly).

Switching to my first spare was the first thing I did at there yesterday, but I used my OEM tool kit's plers to yank it and I think I might have left there. I better rectify that before I start my trip. The kit has helped me on the road-side a few times despite its notoriety, so I don't want to be stranded somewhere a thousand miles away because I didn't have pliers or spare fuses (yes, I know I can switch them around in an emergency and drive without a headlight, tail/gauge lights, etc ).

Quote:
Jet! I have a right hand rearset for you.
PM me your address!

Umar I hate those leg cramps! lol

Heading down to Chaparral now to look for gloves and a 110 link 520 chain.
Thanks. You want to ship it? It may be best if I just rode up there today so we could put it on while wrenching on Umar's bike. Then again, if I can't get your rear sprocket until tomorrow or later, it may be better that I go then or get 'em shipped. I still plan on leaving Friday and so I'm not sure if shipping will work. Let me know! Thanks again.

Last futzed with by CZroe; September 5th, 2011 at 02:35 PM.

Old September 5th, 2011, 07:54 PM   #147
ninja250
You are sleeping

I think I'm going to get my chain for the swap tomorrow.
Will keep you updated homie.

Maybe some overnight shipping would be less of a PITA and less gas money?

Chaparral was closed today. Labor day and all.

Old September 6th, 2011, 07:19 AM   #148
Lil_Green_Demon
Winging It In Life

Thanks for removing the fender on my bike, KC. I really appreciate that.
I'll probably swing by again either later today or tomorrow (or sometime this week) to get the license plate lights installed.

Old September 7th, 2011, 02:54 AM   #149
ninja250
You are sleeping

You got it bro.
Hey I got some pictures via Email from a certain troll we all know and love

Miss ya around here buddy.

Last futzed with by ninja250; September 7th, 2011 at 10:28 AM.

Old September 7th, 2011, 03:00 AM   #150
ninja250
You are sleeping

Lol good picture Jeff haha

tore the beating heart out of a ninja

How cute lol

Last futzed with by ninja250; September 7th, 2011 at 10:26 AM.

Old September 7th, 2011, 03:03 AM   #151
ninja250
You are sleeping

few more

Old September 7th, 2011, 09:28 AM   #152
Lil_Green_Demon
Winging It In Life

Those are some nice pics.
I look so beautiful.

Old September 7th, 2011, 09:42 AM   #153
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

I look really pissed off...

Old September 7th, 2011, 10:07 AM   #154
Lil_Green_Demon
Winging It In Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin2109 View Post
I look really pissed off...
You were pissed off, remember? We all rolled up on beautiful 250Rs while you were riding that silly ass 636. You were just jealous!

Old September 7th, 2011, 10:29 AM   #155
ninja250
You are sleeping

Sorry guys had to take a bunch of pics out =\

Old September 16th, 2011, 11:43 PM   #156
andylawcc
ninjette.org guru

Name: andy

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250 faster red

Whao, that looks awesome! (me = just foundout about this thread)

next time... definitely next time....
andylawcc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 17th, 2011, 02:10 PM   #157
Lil_Green_Demon
Winging It In Life

^^^ Next time = tomorrow morning.
Come out and hang with us. Even if you don't need any work done on your bike, it's cool to come and hang out with fellow 250R riders (and a few members with much more powerful bikes).

Old September 17th, 2011, 07:06 PM   #158
rusninja
Ninjette wanabe :D

Name: Ruslan

Motorcycle(s): white 300 :D

very nice pictures i want to have a group meet like this someday when i finaly get a bike. :]

Old September 17th, 2011, 07:20 PM   #159
ninja250
You are sleeping

I wish I had a bike when I lived in the East Bay.
I would have killed myself in Oakland/Berkeley hills though.
Grizzly Peak, Skyline, redwood road, pinehurst, Moraga and back behind the lab with the Berkeley bike scene! Oh lordy don't get me excited! Best place to own a motorcycle.

Always cold enough to easily wear gear up there too.
NorCal FTW.

Old September 17th, 2011, 07:24 PM   #160
rusninja
Ninjette wanabe :D

Name: Ruslan

Motorcycle(s): white 300 :D

Quote:
I wish I had a bike when I lived in the East Bay.
I would have killed myself in Oakland/Berkeley hills though.
Grizzly Peak, Skyline, redwood road, pinehurst, Moraga and back behind the lab with the Berkeley bike scene! Oh lordy don't get me excited! Best place to own a motorcycle.

Always cold enough to easily wear gear up there too.
NorCal FTW.
Thats what im talking bout. :]