ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Notices

Old June 23rd, 2009, 06:50 PM   #1
kkim

Why I am Here… What Can you Do to Help?

Most of you know me, some better than others, but I thought this an appropriate time, as the forum grows larger with each passing day, too explain a few things about how I came about to be on Ninjette.

Even before purchasing my bike in March of 08, I had been online looking for forums to share my passion for the new 250R. I had decided in December of 07 that I would be buying the new gen ninja 250 as soon as I could get my hands on one. With that came the searching online for information on 250s.

It was inevitable that I found 250.org and was enthralled with the amount of technical onfo that site had amassed over the years on the little ninja. I immediately wanted to become a contributing member from the many years of motorcycles that I had, but soon learned it was set up like an old boy’s network and they were not afraid to tell you that you are were not welcome if you didn’t see things their way. In short, it was their way or the highway.

I left that site and started posting on Kawiforums. For many months, it was my life… learning new things about the bike and helping those new to the sport and eager to mod their bikes. It felt good being on the cutting edge of mods for the new gen that no one else had ever done… trial and error… trial and error, but we learned together. I have made some very good friends there, but the 250 forum lacked direction and structure, so I asked for help and would frequently PM the moderators there. There needed to be someone in charge to help grow/mature that forum, but the people in charge were reluctant to have a 250 only moderator. I asked for a separate 250 technical subforum and was denied several times.

Then in the summer, there was a huge influx of newbies there that simply would not search for the most basic of information. It quickly got very old to repeat endlessly the same newbie questions that turned up. The problem was that the forum was so popular, there would be countless new members asking the same questions over and over, day after day. I appealed to the moderators to do something that would help the situation, but help never materialized.

It was then I decided to either leave that forum or go crazy. I quietly left and seriously considered opening my own 250 ninja website for technical questions. I started looking for software platforms and programs to set things up and quickly realized I was in way over my tiny little head, but I kept searching. On one of my searches for vBulletin based sites, I ran across ninjette purely by accident.

Hey, wait a minute… here’s a site, just starting off, dedicated entirely to the 250 ninja in a format exactly what I had in mind, already set up!! The guy in charge, Alex, really seemed to know what he was doing, so hey, why not just move here and continue as I had on KF while not having the headaches of site administration? A few introductory emails to Alex and I was sold.

The ninjette clan was small at the time… less than 50 members, if I remember correctly, but they were a collection of some of the nicest people you would ever want to meet. Many of those members are still here today and I thank them for the warm welcome I received when I was the newbie on the block.

As close and as nice as the forum was, it wasn’t growing. There were maybe 7 people online at once, if we were lucky, so I started my “campaign” of inviting people over from KF to try ninjette and see how they liked it. Hopefully, they would see the great atmosphere and competence of the admin here and make the switch. At first, I concentrated on inviting people who in the past had contributed value and substance to posts to help set the tone of the new forum. After awhile, it became apparent we needed to grow outside the old timers I had invited, so I selectively started inviting new members from other boards after doing a search of their past posts on other sites. So, if you are here due to an invitation I had sent you, thank you for making the switch and for the valuable contributions and support you have provided to help make this site the success it is today. A big Mahalo to you.

From then on, I tried my best to invite as many as I could to increase the membership here to share with others what a great site this was. Alex, I don’t know what it was in the beginning, but ninjette would just not show up in Google searches, but something must have changed in the last few months, as we are now getting a stream of new members everyday, which is fantastic… to a point.

Which leads me to the real reason of this post… Ninjette has grown rapidly, to the point where that close central core we used to share in the beginning is starting to disappear. “Price of forum growth”, you say… “BS”, I say. This place is special... very special, period. There is no other 250 ninja site that can compare to the new gen information that has been compiled here. The admin here is superlative in keeping up with the latest and greatest for its members, while all the time keeping a distance from over moderating. I know this must be a tough job as he’s a rider as well and know he has opinions of his own which I see he sometimes stifles to let the members run their course. The members here respect each other and show it in their posts.

So, it’s really up to us to set the tone and direction of where this forum is headed. As in any community, you will have differing opinions, but the main core, the social consciousness, is always left with the majority of its members/citizens.

There are 2 types of members that I see on any forums… the givers and the takers. You know what I’m talking about… the ones always looking for help without searching first, the ones always selling stuff to make a profit off the forum members without ever giving anything back, the ones thinking everyone owes them… you know, the takers. As opposed to the givers… the ones always eager to give and help no matter what the situation. You’ve seen the differences… you know who plays for which team.

I have long lived by the motto to “pay it forward.” So, if you are one of the takers, I fully expect you to repay the debt of someone helping you with the deed of repayment by helping someone in need in the future. In that way, the cycle of giving is never broken and helping becomes second nature to everyone on the board. To me, this is what would make this forum ideal. I’m a realist and know it will never catch on 100%, but even if only a few starts to subscribe to the notion, this will be a better place indeed.

So, how can you help? Speak up… let your views be heard… post!! The board will then become a total cross section of how all of its members feel… not just a loud mouthed few. I see the lurkers in the galleries… not to mention the unregistered “guests” we have.

The last item to cover is membership. I will be seriously curtailing any further invitations I send out, unless I really find someone who is truly deserving of being invited to join us here. To compensate for that, I ask that each one of you that reads this post takes it upon themselves to invite at least one other person from another board to join us here. Just be sure that person is of a quality high enough to be an asset to this site and not a detriment. If each of the present membership were to do this, we could easily double the one thousand mark we presently are at. One person… just one, worthy person each. I cannot tell you how many times I needed to empty out my 500 PM box because they were filled with invitations that were never answered.

If I’ve rambled, I’m sorry… If I’ve gotten through to you, great. I do this post only because I love this site and want to make it the #1 250 Ninja resource on the net. With a common goal, I know we can all work to make this happen.

Mahalo nui loa,
Kelly
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 23rd, 2009, 07:14 PM   #2
JCCJMM_
ninjette.org member

Name: John-Michael

Motorcycle(s): 2007 EX250

I agree that this is a fantastic forum. If I knew of anyone that rode a baby Ninja, I would certainly invite them aboard. My posts are few and far between, mostly due to having 5 children to care for.....but I do try to help a little, here and there.

I also fully understand the "taker" mentality. Those panic-induced threads when problems arise with a bike. I suppose unavoidable to an extent, but our sister forum is FULL of people just looking for a handout. That is why I scooted this way.

On a side note, there is not alot happening in the pre-08 area here. Seems like ninja250.org is the place for the classics and this is for the new gens.
JCCJMM_ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 23rd, 2009, 07:24 PM   #3
kkim

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCCJMM_ View Post
On a side note, there is not alot happening in the pre-08 area here. Seems like ninja250.org is the place for the classics and this is for the new gens.
things are changing as more and more pregen riders come onboard daily. it's just a matter of time that the wiki starts being fleshed out with some great people making their way over, such as yourself.

5 kids??... you need another hobby!

Old June 23rd, 2009, 07:30 PM   #4
JCCJMM_
ninjette.org member

Name: John-Michael

Motorcycle(s): 2007 EX250

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
things are changing as more and more pregen riders come onboard daily. it's just a matter of time that the wiki starts being fleshed out with some great people making their way over, such as yourself.

5 kids??... you need another hobby!
Ha Ha! Yes I do, sir. Yes I do.

BTW, glad to have your expertise here. And your commitment to the Ninja community.
JCCJMM_ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 23rd, 2009, 07:37 PM   #5
kkim

Alex has built a great place for us to share our enthusiasm over the ninjette. I feel we should all do our best to see that the site succeeds as well as he's administered the site to date. He deserves mucho credit for making this the place it is for us today.... but then, he gets paid so well for doing so.

Old June 23rd, 2009, 08:36 PM   #6
Obsidian
ninjette.org member

Name: Brandon

Motorcycle(s): 05 Ninja EX250R

Good post. Very good.

I was invited by Snake from ninja250.org and I'm VERY glad for it. I haven't been able to leave this site and I've barely been on the other since I've registered here.

So much easier to navigate.

I would like to think of myself as the giving type. I've always believed in that same "pay it forward" notion as yourself and I think people should leave by their own way and not a way others dictate.

I want to be a good person because that is who I choose to be, not because someone demands it or bad repurcussions will be had.

And it seems you are also a good person.

This site is one of the better ones I've been too, for any vehicle and I hope we can keep the bad seeds out.

Now I have to try to find that one person. My standards are high, so hopefully I can find one good enough. Right now only one person comes to mind, and he just sold his 250. Oh well. I'll just have to keep an eye out.

-Brandon

Old June 23rd, 2009, 08:50 PM   #7
kkim

thank you for understanding.

Old June 23rd, 2009, 09:15 PM   #8
asuh
ninjette.org member

Name: Albert

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250R

Great post kkim. I now find myself exclusively visiting Ninjette.org instead of that other Kawi forum. Even though I was a member of KF forums for several months, I never really considered going out on group rides. But for some reason, it just felt more encouraging to finally go on my first group excursion once I started posting here on Ninjette. I think I found a new 250R home.

Old June 23rd, 2009, 09:19 PM   #9
kkim

lol... and I hope you received at least one of the many invites I sent you, but was never responded to.

Old June 23rd, 2009, 09:31 PM   #10
jola
ninjette.org member

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): 2000 Ninja 250R

Interesting post. I'm new to the forum but I do moderate on a car tech forum. My initial impressions of this site have been nothing but positive and I want to congratulate the members/admins/mods who have made the site what it is. This may be geared more towards new gens and I own an old gen, but I'd prefer to chill here than on the older 250 board, mostly because of the positive attitude that this forum exudes.
jola is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 23rd, 2009, 09:56 PM   #11
Speedster
ninjette.org member

Name: Kham

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninj 250r (Blue)

Mr. KKim, Thank you for all the posts!! I appreciate the Ninjette.org, Thank you to Mr. Alex also! This forum is very helpful.
Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 23rd, 2009, 11:22 PM   #12
Verus Cidere
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): '91 Honda CBR600 F2

I must say, you were almost definitely the reason I stayed on this forum. I'm only a member of one other forum, Pashnit, and that only because of a very good post by it's creator, a busa-lover who enjoyed a good ride on a ninjette. I enjoyed the atmosphere on this forum, but it seemed to me that you were the reason the atmosphere was the way it was. I salute you for that!

I like to think I've been a giver, but I'm sure at some points I've been quite a taker. Please feel free to give me an across-the-web slap to the face when I do this. I want to learn and I want to help when I can, not hinder in any way.

Thank you for doing what you do, and a big thanks to Alex as well for making a place like this. I will definitely continue to try to help when I can, and I'll make a larger effort not to be a taker. Thanks for reminding us why we're really here.

Old June 23rd, 2009, 11:46 PM   #13
kkim

Michael,

There is no reason to feel bad of being a taker... we all are in one way or another. my beef is with those that don't balance the taking with giving. most takers, seldom give back.

If I've helped you in the past and you feel it was something of value, please remember that and pay the deed forward to next person you see needing a deserving hand.

Old June 24th, 2009, 12:31 AM   #14
CANTFUNCTION
ninjette.org member

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 09 ninja 250(red)

kelly I totally agree with you about this being a great site. Thank you Alex. I myself have seen it grow from about 600 members to over 1000 members in the short time I've been here. I would like to think I am a giver but I know I really haven't contribute much of any thing. This is because I type very slow. Also I've been tring to read all the post which is very hard because they never end. I learned a lot from what I have read so far.

You say you "want to make it the #1 250 Ninja resource on the net." I truly believe it is.

Again thank you
CANTFUNCTION is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 24th, 2009, 12:35 AM   #15
zartan

Name: zartan

Motorcycle(s): 08 250 R

I agree with your post K, I get frustrated often when there is a question posted and I take the time to answer with information or my opinion and it doesn't even get recognized. Sometimes I just go back and delete my post. So if you are not really interested in advice or help, why ask?
This is a good place, sometimes just too off topic. I appreciate the time and effort Alex has put into this place. I try to be supportive but do not have a ton of technical advice ( just not that skilled) to "give" so I just try to give support. Sometimes it would be nice to be heard when I do take the time.

Old June 24th, 2009, 01:29 AM   #16
kkim

Z- you are one of the core members that I'm so indebted to for the tone you helped to set from my time on ninjette. Your words of wisdom imparted in the posts you make amazes me. At other times, I love the point of view you bring to balance the mainstream and the sense of humor you have.

thank you for being here... in addition to being a technical motorcycle forum, it has grown to be family. you have helped much to make it that.

Old June 24th, 2009, 01:39 AM   #17
kkim

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANTFUNCTION View Post
Also I've been tring to read all the post which is very hard because they never end. I learned a lot from what I have read so far.
Chris,

lol... I too tried to read every post, but lately, it's just impossible. The growth this site has seen recently is mind boggling and with all due respect, that credit should be given to Alex. His dedication to not only running the site, but also to moderate when situations needed it has been very well timed and worded.

If you value what you've learned here, please pass on an invitation to another 250 rider you feel would be a positive addition to the forum. The more we can grow the membership with quality members is a way to give back to Alex the great place he's so generously provided for all of us. Just don't let him know I said that.

Old June 24th, 2009, 04:58 AM   #18
miks
I'm lovin' it.

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): '09 Black 250R

You typed way too much, being a young person I only read the first sentence then lost interest.

In all seriousness, even though I wont be getting a bike till the end of the year, this site has made me keep interest in the 250R and with all the research and info collected (mostly thanks to this site), I will be ready when the momentous time arrives.

Thanks Kelly for the invite, and thanks to Alex for making such a wonderful site.

Father: You can't do both son.
miks is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 24th, 2009, 05:58 AM   #19
BlueRaven

Name: Lil One

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250 Black

I think i have a tear in my eye. Alex thanks you so much for creating this site as without it i wouldn't be able to ride. And thanks for everyone that have helped me fix my bike so i am able to enjoy this wonderful new sport. Putting a lot of miles lately and couldn't be happier, cheaper than therapy. The DYI threads are priceless especially with pics. Kelly you are a valuable person to this site, without you well us little children would be lost so please please ride safe and live a long healthy life.

Old June 24th, 2009, 06:20 AM   #20
camaroz1985

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): 2008 WR250R, 2006 Ural Raven (Sold), 2009 Versys Green (Sold), 2008 Ninja 250R Green (Sold)

Man what a rant

Thanks Kelly for all the knowledge that you have passed on, and the help you have given to anyone that asks. Thanks to Alex for creating the site, and keeping up with the maintenance (I'm not sure what is involved in that, I'm just sure it is over my head ) necessary to keep everything running smoothly (He knows a thing or two about bikes too ) The site wouldn't be the same without you two. You are sort of like the dynamic duo of ninjette.org.

This site has a great sense of community, and I must admit that I was worried that we would lose that as things grew. So far I think things are pretty balanced, but as the member base grows things could shift very quickly. We all need to take Kelly up on his challenge to help keep the site progressing and growing, but make sure it is in the right direction.

I've only been here for 7 months but this is for sure the place that most makes you feel like you are part of the community, and for that a big thanks to everyone is in order.
camaroz1985 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 24th, 2009, 07:54 AM   #21
g21-30

Name: Sam

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R 2009

Pay it forward! Who better than YOU my friend does this everyday? No one! Together, we can do anything! If there is a problem, this site can help you find a solution! Thanks for everything that you do. Maybe one day you will realize that BLACK is faster.
g21-30 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 24th, 2009, 07:55 AM   #22
Snake

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
KKim, I agree that this forum is a great place with great people which is what has kept me here. I have met alot of people that I truely consider friends and I try to stay in contact with them as much as I can. There is some great information here and I try to give back as much as I can.
In your post you keep on repeating new gen bikes. Please do not forget those of us that ride the "pre gen" bikes and do not turn this forum into a new gen only site.
I myself have started a campain to try and get members from other boards here and a few have heard my call. My aproach has been to target those that are closest to me and branch out from there.
I thank you KKim for all your time and your help.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 24th, 2009, 08:11 AM   #23
demp
ninjette.org sage

Name: Matthew

Motorcycle(s): 2015 V-Star 950 Tourer (Deep Blue)

Most of the questions I have are answered by someone else asking without searching - and someone posting a link to the answer, I really do appreciate all the info you have on here Kim, Thanks
demp is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 24th, 2009, 08:31 AM   #24
OldGuy
Live Life

Name: Don

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Green SE Ninja 250

As usual Kelly has hit the nail on the head and provided everyone who visits this site the history which in itself is what makes ninjette.org so special.

The growth of this special forum will be very much like the growth of any family; there will be some subtle changes in what members want, need, and expect. More importantly we will have a lot of new personalities that may at first rub some of us the wrong way. Or it could even be one of us old timers that are just having a lousy day.

The key will be for each of us to count to 10 and IF we feel strongly enough, send the person a PM about our concerns/dissatisfaction. Flaming a person in the thread only starts the war. I'm not saying it's not justified sometimes but usually doesn't move the ball down the field.

Alex has done a great job of providing us a very unique place to gather and exchange information, make friends, and be part of a very unique virtual family.

Old June 24th, 2009, 08:37 AM   #25
Banzai
Psychic war veteran

Name: Thomas

Motorcycle(s): Kawi Green '09 Ninja ZX6R

I agree 100%, as I stated in one of my other threads I started.

Pay it forward is one heck of a great concept, and how I was raised. I've tried to help as much as I can, sharing what I know and asking for answers to what I don't.

One of these days I'm going to have the time to convert some more of my posts to the Wiki, too!

Old June 24th, 2009, 10:41 AM   #26
CC Cowboy

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Alex you rock (except for that sled dog BMW).

Who is this Kelly guy? I think we need to limit the number of words per post. The guy just goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on.

Old June 24th, 2009, 10:52 AM   #27
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

Or least start charging per post if over X words, right?

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 24th, 2009, 10:54 AM   #28
CC Cowboy

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Charging sounds good, How much should I charge?

Old June 24th, 2009, 11:18 AM   #29
cwb48
Mature motorcyclist

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250R, blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKim
It was inevitable that I found 250.org and was enthralled with the amount of technical info that site had amassed over the years on the little ninja. I immediately wanted to become a contributing member from the many years of motorcycles that I had, but soon learned it was set up like an old boy’s network and they were not afraid to tell you that you are were not welcome if you didn’t see things their way. In short, it was their way or the highway.
I have to tell you my 250.org story- soon after I bought my 2001, I found those guys and became a member. I contributed often, vainly thinking that an old fart's opinions might be worth something. Eventually I got into it with a mod (who shall remain nameless) who was posting some bull about how it was OK to let your chain rust, since it was an o-ring chain, and textile protection was as good as leather. This same individual was claiming to be a "certified" bike mechanic. I posted in disagreement, and added, perhaps a bit snarky but with humor, that there was one more reason to learn to work on your own bike. I actually posted an article by an authority about why chains, even o-ring chains, need to be lubed. Soon I get this PM full of foul language and even insulting my mother, telling me that I should only post things on "their" "forum" that 99% of the people there would agree with! I answered that he should look up the word "forum", sent copies of all of the messages to the owner of the site, and deleted myself as a user. I did get an answer saying basically "boys will be boys", and a promise to talk to the oaf. But the last time I looked, he was still a mod there, so I guess he still chases people away.

Chris
cwb48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 24th, 2009, 11:23 AM   #30
cwb48
Mature motorcyclist

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250R, blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKim
lol... I too tried to read every post, but lately, it's just impossible.
Welcome, cwb48
You have 8543 Unread Posts

Chris
cwb48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 24th, 2009, 11:25 AM   #31
OldGuy
Live Life

Name: Don

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Green SE Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb48 View Post
Welcome, cwb48

Chris
And that was only since last night right?

Old June 24th, 2009, 11:28 AM   #32
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb48 View Post
Welcome, cwb48
Hey, it could be worse. Any post older than 30 days is automatically marked read, so it's only 8543 posts from the past month that you haven't read.

(Unfortunately that 30-day limit has to be that way otherwise the DB queries start to get larger than recommended)

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 24th, 2009, 11:28 AM   #33
Banzai
Psychic war veteran

Name: Thomas

Motorcycle(s): Kawi Green '09 Ninja ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Or least start charging per post if over X words, right?
ho damn, I'll have to start breaking up my posts if you do that!

Old June 24th, 2009, 11:46 AM   #34
kkim

Be glad I posted the condensed version.

I knew if it was a long post, only the serious would continue to the end and that in itself would show who really takes an interest here.

Great to see some VIPs posting here have the same outlook. All I'm saying is that we can move this site to unprecedented levels if we focus on a common goal and put some effort into making this the 250 ninja site on the net, new gen and/or pregen. Heaven knows we have the learned/experienced forum members to achieve it.

thanks to all.

Old June 24th, 2009, 01:05 PM   #35
TnNinjaGirl
Ms. Personality

Name: CB

Motorcycle(s): Depends on the week you ask

Grampa Kelly. I remember when I was a lurker over at Kawi and was generously invited by you. Now I've grown into a mature little postwhore over at Ninjette. Really, without your help, and the help and inspiration of others, I would not be enjoying my bike as much as I do today. It's nice to have a support group of like-minded individuals to keep your feet on the ground but believe in your abilities as well.

Thanks for everyone on the board who has contributed that warm fuzzy feeling. Good job!!
TnNinjaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 24th, 2009, 01:23 PM   #36
zail
ninjette.org member

Name: zail

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250r

Kkim and Alex - thanks to you both for making this such a great forum - and the other people who post here too - without the input of a community a forum is nowt

Having had the previous gen 250 (called the GPX in the UK) I had lurked around the 250.org site and although there is a lot of knowledge on there I soon found out the same as you - and was put off posting by the way a lot of newbies were put down by the regulars. When I got my 08 I found another 250 forum - but it wasn't too well used and seemed to be full of young lads who liked showing off and talking themselves up...

Then one day ninjette randomly showed up on google when I was searching for exhaust options.. I read a few posts, saw how much info was contained in the great DIYs (I've got a couple of mods to do to my bike coming up and might even manage to make one myself!), how supportive and generally lovely everyone was and signed up! I'm glad I did because I'm pleased to be part of this community - although I may be more of a lurker than a poster most of the time, I do try and make a contribution to stuff when I have something to say.. I'm still looking for the rare UK ninja 250 rider to invite (one that meets your criterea Kkim)- only 300 were imported and sold in 2008, a similar number this year I think so it's a small pool to fish in! But when I find them I will be sure to issue an invite

Thanks everyone

Old June 24th, 2009, 03:19 PM   #37
M-Oorb
ninjette.org sage

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250r (Fastest Color)

I refuse to let CC and Alex take my money so Im gunna keep this short and sweet . Like many on here this is my first bike. I am young and knew absolutly nothing about working on a bike(or much about riding other than what MSF had taught me). I was a poster on kawi for a while until I just got fed up with their bs and everyone just asking the same things over and over and over. Well one day I was invited by kelly and my life changed. I started out as a taker, since I couldnt contribute much since I didn't know that much but I contributed to the ridiculous off topic threads (which I love ) Over time of knowledge accumulation, numerous hours working on the bike myself, and oh I'd say almost $1500, I now try to give when I see a thread that I can contribute being fairly certain I am giving correct information.

Thank you Alex for running this site. I can only imagine how difficult it must be with so many posts every minute and so many people joining. Youve really made a great site that blows EVERY other forum I've been on out of the water. We have such a mix of people, youngin's who this is there first bike, youngins who have been riding for a while....and then the young at heart. Its great that we can all communicate in a positive way and have a great time doin it.

As for you Kelly...well your the reason I spent that $1500 because without you I wouldn't have the confidence to do these mods myself and my own maintenance. So I'll be expecting a check in the mail shortly. Pay it forward brotha But seriously, thank you. You've helped so much of us and I try to retain any knowledge I can from you.

And thanks to everyone else on this site...without alex we wouldn't have it and without kelly a lot of us wouldnt be here...but its everyone else and their contributions that make this a great site.

Edit: Damn CC...how much do I owe you? Just take it outta the check that Kelly is sending me
M-Oorb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 24th, 2009, 04:11 PM   #38
CC Cowboy

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
Be glad I posted the condensed version.

I knew if it was a long post, only the serious would continue to the end and that in itself would show who really takes an interest here.

Great to see some VIPs posting here have the same outlook. All I'm saying is that we can move this site to unprecedented levels if we focus on a common goal and put some effort into making this the 250 ninja site on the net, new gen and/or pregen. Heaven knows we have the learned/experienced forum members to achieve it.

thanks to all.
Looks like I'll be getting my walking papers soon!

Old June 24th, 2009, 04:35 PM   #39
HKr1
IC2(SW)

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): .

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Cowboy View Post
Looks like I'll be getting my walking papers soon!
Shape up, or Ship out
HKr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 24th, 2009, 04:47 PM   #40
CC Cowboy

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Any room over at R1?