ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old September 30th, 2012, 07:16 PM   #1
FvnnyL3tt3r1ng
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250 2001

Radiator Bypass fan switch issue

I just installed a switch which lights up when it is on (or is supposed to) to my radiator fan and it does turn the fan on but everytime I try to connect the "Earth ground" side of the switch to either chassis or battery -Neg the fuse blows instantly!

I have tried multiple sites and the strange thing is I have the same model switch which works fine running for my LEDs right next to it. I have the switches terminals separated by heatshrink but right now I'm thinking the switch might be bad.

I did a continuity test before I installed it and the switch was fine but maybe I damaged the switch somewhere in the soldering process.
FvnnyL3tt3r1ng is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 1st, 2012, 05:57 AM   #2
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Justin,

One leg of the fan is directly connected to the negative pole of the battery.
The other leg goes to the radiator switch, then to the fuse #10, then to the positive pole of the battery (via starter solenoid).

http://faq.ninja250.org/images/a/a4/...matic_-_R4.pdf

Your light should be connected in prallel with the fan.
One leg goes in between the fan and switch and the other leg connects to the negative leg of the fan.
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 1st, 2012, 07:35 AM   #3
FvnnyL3tt3r1ng

If I connected it in parallel with the fan it would just short after the thermostatic switch opened. I have it connected in parallel with the thermostatic switch right now so it bypasses the temperature trigger. I just don't get why when I connect the "earth ground" pole of the switch (which completes the LED in the switch) the fuse blows instantly, even when I use the same ground as the fan's circuit on the switch????

Old October 1st, 2012, 11:12 AM   #4
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Do you have something like this?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Ninja 250 fan circuit.pdf (89.7 KB, 17 views)

Old October 2nd, 2012, 09:18 AM   #5
FvnnyL3tt3r1ng

Thx moto, I was going to try connecting it to neg. side of fan next but wanted to ask first.

Old October 2nd, 2012, 09:42 AM   #6
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

You are welcome