ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old April 3rd, 2012, 03:40 PM   #1
silentIm
ninjette.org member

Name: Firman

Motorcycle(s): 2011 red ninja 250r

Unhappy Need help on carb tune

I really need help on this. I've read all articles on faq.ninja250.org anout carb tune and watching this forum drom shadows, so I brave myself to tune up my carb. I used to let other guys to do the bike maintenance, but I wish I can do it myself.

Sorry, I havent got time to take pics but this is what i did. I use sportisi jet kit. I got my airbox desnorkeled and its inner mesh removed, and also a full system exhaust installed. My last good setting Set the pilot jet to size 40 (standard is 38), set the main jet to size 100 (standard is 98).
I also use sportisi needle. Set up the clip in second from the top of needle, then a plastic washer on top of it, then a clip to lock the washer. There is also a small rubber washer on top of needle that I attached between the needle and the plastic piston. This set up was what I found from the previous bike work done by mechanic. Got the mixture screw set at 2 1/4 turn, and synced. I also set up the throttle cable so It doesn't need to be twisted too much for full throttle.
Set up the idle engine speed at 1K.
I believe I ve done it right and the bike shows good idle. But when I try it for a test ride, I notice during throttle blip the RPM comes down slower than before. When I close the throttle and the RPM stuck at 2-3K when I pull the clutch, and normalize as I let go the clutch, giving engine load. At first it pulls great at full throtle without sign of too lean or too rich, then I feel the mixture starts enrich on down to mid RPM, as I found it hard to pull from low RPM after full throttle several times.

Where is my mistake? Any help is appreciated.
silentIm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 3rd, 2012, 05:06 PM   #2
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Look for any vacuum leak between carbs and engine; that may be the reason for idle slow return.

If weakness at middle continues, drop the needle some.

How did you "set up the throttle cable so It doesn't need to be twisted too much for full throttle"?
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 4th, 2012, 03:51 PM   #3
silentIm
ninjette.org member

Name: Firman

Motorcycle(s): 2011 red ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofool View Post
Look for any vacuum leak between carbs and engine; that may be the reason for idle slow return.

If weakness at middle continues, drop the needle some.

How did you "set up the throttle cable so It doesn't need to be twisted too much for full throttle"?
Turns out the problem was loose throttle cable, one of them is unseated from the carb. Also the mixture screw is too big. Found it 2 turns are enough.

Regarding for the throttle cable set up, I just try to minimalize free play of the throttle cable edge on the carb. Alternatively, you can try quick throttle mod. Details are here http://www.kawiforums.com/2005-2006-...e-mod-pvc.html
silentIm is offline   Reply With Quote