ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Marketplace > Free stuff!

Old March 4th, 2012, 08:35 AM   #1
eddiekay
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: eddie

Motorcycle(s): 300, WeeStrom

new gen rear wheel

It's dented.
I rode on the wheel for a few thousand miles and it never leaked and there was no bumpity- bump feeling when I rode. Can it be repaired ? Definitely but a wheel shop wanted a almost as much as a second hand wheel so I went for the used wheel. If you're the kind of rider who wants things perfect...this is not for you but if you're OK with less than 100% or know someone who can bang a wheel out.....perfect. For whatever it costs me to UPS it to you, you can have it. Live in metro NY ? I'm in westerN nASSAU COUNTY....come get it.
I'm in zip code 11565 if you wanna calc your UPS costs...I'll find a box......figure , what, 40 lbs with the tiire ?
eddiekay is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 4th, 2012, 08:58 AM   #2
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiekay View Post
It's dented.
I rode on the wheel for a few thousand miles and it never leaked and there was no bumpity- bump feeling when I rode. Can it be repaired ? Definitely but a wheel shop wanted a almost as much as a second hand wheel so I went for the used wheel. If you're the kind of rider who wants things perfect...this is not for you but if you're OK with less than 100% or know someone who can bang a wheel out.....perfect. For whatever it costs me to UPS it to you, you can have it. Live in metro NY ? I'm in westerN nASSAU COUNTY....come get it.
I'm in zip code 11565 if you wanna calc your UPS costs...I'll find a box......figure , what, 40 lbs with the tiire ?
I think @cerberusrex25 still needs one. I don't think he has one for his newgen swing arm on a pregen. FWIW, I got one fixed for $70 in Sierra Madre, CA ("Mackie Welding").

Last futzed with by CZroe; March 24th, 2012 at 11:58 PM.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 8th, 2012, 03:15 AM   #3
CynicalC
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Colin

Motorcycle(s): '96 EX250

Not saying it can't be don't safely, but I thought most place refused to fix motorcycle wheels because of the liability...

Old March 24th, 2012, 11:58 PM   #4
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalC View Post
Not saying it can't be don't safely, but I thought most place refused to fix motorcycle wheels because of the liability...
And because most want to sell you a new rim, tire, labor, etc. Small fixes should be fine.

Old March 25th, 2012, 09:27 PM   #5
cerberusrex25
Accesories Guru

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): '99 EX250(Cafe/fighter project)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
I think @cerberusrex25 still needs one. I don't think he has one for his newgen swing arm on a pregen. FWIW, I got one fixed for $70 in Sierra Madre, CA ("Mackie Welding").
I got one, I need a front wheel though and a full front section sans caliper or handlebars. Thanks for looking out for me CZroe.
cerberusrex25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 25th, 2012, 09:29 PM   #6
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerberusrex25 View Post
I got one, I need a front wheel though and a full front section sans caliper or handlebars. Thanks for looking out for me CZroe.
Got it. No problem.

Old April 10th, 2012, 11:21 PM   #7
TnNinjaGirl
Ms. Personality

Name: CB

Motorcycle(s): Depends on the week you ask

Kinda thinking about taking you up on your offer....
TnNinjaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote