ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old October 5th, 2015, 03:21 PM   #1
GregEvans
ninjette.org member

Name: Greg

Motorcycle(s): 2005 Ninja 250r, 2001 Triumph Daytona 955i

Talking Checking my understanding...

Hey all, I am new here, and posted a small thing in the new people page, but here's the situation and I want to make sure I have a correct understanding. Thanks in advance for reading, and for any input/advice

I just picked up a 2005 Ninja 250r (yay). I plan on making this a track only bike, and I would like to get 17" wheels on her...My understanding is thus:
  1. Need complete rear from a 2008 (or newer?)
  2. Need full front end, triple tree, forks, etc. from a 2008 (or newer?)
  3. This stuff will bolt right on.

I can get these pretty easily it looks like, so if they bolt right on, then I should be good to go. If my understanding is incorrect, please correct my udnerstanding
GregEvans is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 5th, 2015, 03:31 PM   #2
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
1) yes
2) yes
3) yes

4) why not just get a race prepped newgen? exhaust systems in particular are easy to come by and you won't have to do the work yourself if you get one that's already race prepped with body work and all. Body work is hard to come by for the pregen in good shape and race body work is pretty much only made by airtech streamlining, takes like 3 months lead time, even just for the headlight block off plate (Got one for track days in my spare fairings)

BTW: welcome to the forums, I haven't seen you around yet.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old October 5th, 2015, 03:41 PM   #3
GregEvans
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
1) yes
2) yes
3) yes

4) why not just get a race prepped newgen? exhaust systems in particular are easy to come by and you won't have to do the work yourself if you get one that's already race prepped with body work and all. Body work is hard to come by for the pregen in good shape and race body work is pretty much only made by airtech streamlining, takes like 3 months lead time, even just for the headlight block off plate (Got one for track days in my spare fairings)

BTW: welcome to the forums, I haven't seen you around yet.
Sweet! That is what I wanted to hear!

as for #4...

Because I was able to pick up this 2005 for $450 yesterday with the almost blessing of the wife as a track bike. Figured as long as I was going to take it to the track, it would be fun to do the work on the bike and would give me a winter project up here in WA.

All the fairings, save the front are in great shape on this thing, which is a bonus, and I will just repair the front fairings if I can and order the blockoff plate and a solo seat cowl, or I will order one from airtech along with the supersport rear fairing...

And thanks for the welcome. I am looking forward to getting to the track, but have a good 5 months at least before the track will be doing trackdays

Old October 5th, 2015, 06:30 PM   #4
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Well congratulations! That's not a bad price at all for a bike in track-able condition, especially when you got (almost) permission from the Missus.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 5th, 2015, 06:48 PM   #5
GregEvans
ninjette.org member

Well to be fair, she was there when I bought it. I just didn't really give her the choice to say no...HA!