Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old June 29th, 2016, 07:16 PM   #1
Finesse
ran when parked

Name: Katie

Motorcycle(s): Freeride 250R, KLX250SF, mopeds

MOTM - Sep '17, Dec '14
A* Women's Tech 3 MX Boots

I'm not sure if anyone on this forum is going to benefit from this, but I thought I'd give a little mention to the Alpinestars Tech 3 Women's Motocross boots that I got over the winter. I've worn them for about two days of hard riding, once dirt track racing for about 4-5 hours, and once single track riding for about 4 hours. They're bulky but breaking in quickly and are comfortable enough to wear all day, and fit true to size. I'm happy with the protection (I crashed and got my ankle stuck between the rear wheel and the swing arm on my DRZ125 and just yanked my leg out with absolutely no damage from that). Flat track racing with the heavy soles is kind of difficult because I can't feel the ground very well, but it's doable and with more practice and more break-in time they would probably be fine. Shifting and braking are more clumsy with the boots on than with sneakers (yes, sometimes.. ) but totally worth the extra attention I have to pay to controlling the bike in exchange for the huge amount of protection I feel I am receiving. Overall so far I'd give these boots 4 out of 5 stars, missing 1 star because they're a little too wide for me at the calves and the plastic buckles are a little cheesy and they're bulky and not as streamlined as the men's. PS I ride a DRZ125 and KLX250 with the boots on.
Finesse is offline   Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.

Old July 4th, 2016, 11:45 AM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 20th, 2016, 05:11 PM   #3
Finesse
ran when parked

Name: Katie

Motorcycle(s): Freeride 250R, KLX250SF, mopeds

MOTM - Sep '17, Dec '14
Update... they protected my legs and feet very well in a 50mph crash! Not a single scratch. very thankful for these boots!
Finesse is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old July 20th, 2016, 05:14 PM   #4
cadd
cadd cadd cadd

Name: Cadd

Motorcycle(s): 300

MOTM - May '15
Glad you're ok!