ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old October 6th, 2014, 05:24 AM   #1
Matto55
ninjette.org member

Name: Matthew

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250; 1999 Kawasaki Klx300R

Swingarm Maintenance!

Hello everyone!

So I live in the northeast and have recently put my bike away for the winter. I have made a list of things that I need to do it so that when I take it out in the spring it will be ready to rocky and roll!

Pretty much the only thing on my list that I'm a little worried about is swingarm maintenance.

Any tips, advice, pictures anything relating to swingarm maintenance on the new gen ninja 250's would be awesome!
Matto55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 6th, 2014, 05:38 AM   #2
psych0hans
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Hansveer

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r - Track whore, Ninja 300 - SOLD, KTM RC390 - Orange Hulk, Ducati 899 Panigale - Red Devil.

Subbed!

Old October 6th, 2014, 06:48 AM   #3
CC Cowboy
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matto55 View Post
Hello everyone!

So I live in the northeast and have recently put my bike away for the winter. I have made a list of things that I need to do it so that when I take it out in the spring it will be ready to rocky and roll!

Pretty much the only thing on my list that I'm a little worried about is swingarm maintenance.

Any tips, advice, pictures anything relating to swingarm maintenance on the new gen ninja 250's would be awesome!
Do you realize it's only the beginning of October?

Since you have decided to stop riding for the next 9 months you will have plenty of time for maintenance. To ensure proper maintenance you will need to completely dismantle entire motorcycle. Please make sure you lable all parts. Thoroughly clean and lubricate each part. Then store all parts in a warm dry area. Make sure you keep track of how long this procedure takes since it will take you 2 or 3 times that long to reassemble the bike next spring in time for riding next summer.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old October 6th, 2014, 09:15 AM   #4
Matto55
ninjette.org member

Name: Matthew

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250; 1999 Kawasaki Klx300R

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Cowboy View Post
Do you realize it's only the beginning of October?

Since you have decided to stop riding for the next 9 months you will have plenty of time for maintenance. To ensure proper maintenance you will need to completely dismantle entire motorcycle. Please make sure you lable all parts. Thoroughly clean and lubricate each part. Then store all parts in a warm dry area. Make sure you keep track of how long this procedure takes since it will take you 2 or 3 times that long to reassemble the bike next spring in time for riding next summer.

I decided to put the bike away early since I need new tires and a number of other things. I am also not really the type to ride when it gets cold out. The bike will be back out in April I'm sure so its really not a big deal. As for maintenance goes, I'm not going to rip apart the whole bike and make a mess. I would prefer to do one thing at a time and take my time with it. Thanks for your input though!
Matto55 is offline   Reply With Quote