ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Notices

Old November 20th, 2008, 01:18 AM   #1
kkim

So.... What's in Your Closet?

Seriously... sometimes we take safety gear too lightly when riding. It's either too hot, or too expensive, or too ______.

Many young riders will forgo needed equipment because they lack the funds to suit up properly and they suffer the consequences for their hasty decisions early in their riding career by getting hurt due to insufficient coverage.

Anyway, how much protection do you have? What's in your closet that you use when you ride and do you wear AGATT?

I use, every time I ride...

Helmet- Shoei RF1000
Earplugs- 3M
Jacket/Pants- Aerostich one piece Roadcrafter suit in Hi Viz yellow
Gloves- Held "Steve" gloves
Boots- Oxtar Matrix 2
Pants- icon jeans with kevlar reinforcement patches

AGATT

So, come on, fess up...

What's in Your Closet???

Last futzed with by kkim; November 20th, 2008 at 01:14 PM.
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 20th, 2008, 08:43 AM   #2
TrueFaith
ninjette.org sage

Name: Wayne

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Honda CBR250R

Helmet: BELL Apex
Jacket: TourMaster Intake mesh & Texport leather
Gloves: Teknic SMT
Pants: Cortech DSX Denim (with CE-Approved knee armor)
Boots: AlpineStars SMX-2
KNEE PROTECTION: THOR FORCE KNEE/SHIN GUARDS ***

*** Had an accident in June which ended in knee surgery. Since then I will not ride without some form of knee protection. Either my Cortech pants with knee armor or my Thor knee/shin protectors. Think about it, the chances of your knees hitting the ground in an accident are pretty high, yet a lot of people neglect this part of their body when buying gear. A knee injury will sideline you for a long time while it heals and surgery and physical therapy are a lot more expensive than a set of knee guards for $50-90. Don't forget to protect those knees!
TrueFaith is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 20th, 2008, 10:24 AM   #3
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

On the street:

Helmet: Arai Profile
Jacket: FirstGear Kilimanjaro
Pants: Tourmaster Cortech
Gloves: Helimot H20's
Boots: Alpinestars SMX2's

On track:

Helmet: Arai Profile
Suit: 1-piece Helimot leather race suit, Helimot back protector
Gloves: Helimot H20's
Boots: Sidi Vertigo Corsas

I've tried wearing the one-piece on the street, but it's just not made for all-day rides. It's quite snug, which is great on track, but a bit limiting when you're just out for a ride. Also the temperature range for the suit isn't nearly as wide as textile gear that can be zipped up and run with a standard liner, an electric liner, or have mesh opened to flow air right through.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 20th, 2008, 05:16 PM   #4
noche_caliente
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Kim

Motorcycle(s): '08 250

Disclaimer - I am the stereotypical female who LOVES to shop!

Helmet

Scorpion EXO 400 Paradise

http://www.rockheadbikes.com/Product...nexo400prdssky

Jackets

Leather: Joe Rocket Trixie

http://www.newenough.com/protective_...le_jacket.html

Textile: Joe Rocket Luna ($35 NEW on eBay! woot!)

Mesh: Joe Rocket Cleo 2

http://www.newenough.com/protective_...le_jacket.html

and a great NewEnough.com find: Power Trip Women's San Jose Jacket

(Mine is all black except the area above the stripe is off-white)

Pants
Joe Rocket Cleo

http://www.newenough.com/protective_...cle_pants.html

Gloves

Leather:
AlpineStars Stella SP-2

http://parts.motorcycle-superstore.c...pinestars.html

Joe Rocket Jet Set

http://www.newenough.com/gloves/stre...le_gloves.html

Textile/Mesh: Scorpion Cool Hand Mesh - didn't hold up very well, but SUPER comfortable...

http://www.newenough.com/gloves/stre...le_gloves.html

Boots

Alpinestars SMX 4 (Women's Stella)

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...mac=2&zmap=162

Icon Women's Stardard

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...ard-Boots.aspx

Don't like the icons as much... but good back-ups for the price![/quote]
noche_caliente is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 20th, 2008, 05:26 PM   #5
BlueTyke
So slow I'm first!

Name: Sunny

Motorcycle(s): 06 Kawasaki Ninja EX250

Because I love the skin I am in I always ride with the following:

Helemet: Zox Hi Serria Flip face

Two bandana's, one on my hair and one about my mouth and chin (hair to keep it in place and mouth and chin because my nose tends to run when it gets cold and...well I am sure you can figure out its purpose with that.)

Joe Rocket Trixie Jacket & Pants:

Thick socks (unknown brand, sorry )

Men's Icon boots the non-track ones. (see picture above, look to my feet)

For gloves I used to have a pair of Alpine star gauntlet SP gloves but the weather was to hot and I could not get the gear off fast enough to cool down... so my bf's dad gave me a pair of Harley half gloves with padded palms... They work and they were free. I'll get another full set of gloves sooner or later. (pictured above... Peace! )

In my closet but not worn as much as my leathers is a Joe rocket mesh jacket and Frank Thomas 'over pants' (big enough to wear work clothes under without wrinkling them) also my Scorpion EXO helmet. And a back protector that the bf says is mine but keeps wearing...

Sort of thread hijack... Kim how do the Joe rocket gloves fit? Speaking of gloves... do they tend to run small? Joe Rocket is a big retail out here but not so much the other brands but I can't seem to find a pair that fit...

Last futzed with by BlueTyke; November 20th, 2008 at 05:29 PM. Reason: edited to ad question for Kim
BlueTyke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 20th, 2008, 06:23 PM   #6
noche_caliente
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Kim

Motorcycle(s): '08 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTyke View Post
Sort of thread hijack... Kim how do the Joe rocket gloves fit? Speaking of gloves... do they tend to run small? Joe Rocket is a big retail out here but not so much the other brands but I can't seem to find a pair that fit...
The Joe Rocket gloves seem to be made really well, but the fingers are really short and I found my hands going numb much faster in them than the other pairs I have. I got a Medium in them, and they are really snug, where the medium in the AlpineStars seems a bit on the big side... the big difference is that the AlpineStars have room for my long fingers... My hands aren't terribly big, but my fingers are long - makes gloves tricky for me!
noche_caliente is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 20th, 2008, 07:39 PM   #7
BlueTyke
So slow I'm first!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noche_caliente View Post
The Joe Rocket gloves seem to be made really well, but the fingers are really short and I found my hands going numb much faster in them than the other pairs I have. I got a Medium in them, and they are really snug, where the medium in the AlpineStars seems a bit on the big side... the big difference is that the AlpineStars have room for my long fingers... My hands aren't terribly big, but my fingers are long - makes gloves tricky for me!

Yeah I have issues with gloves too. I have what I call guy hands and feet. Throw in long piano like (though never played) fingers and that isn't a good mix. The Stella's are an awesome make. Thats what I had but I got the meduims thinking they would 'stretch' a little and they never did... Guess I'll just go with those again but this time get large

Thank you for your input! It is so hard to shop for things you cannot test ride tehe!

Old November 20th, 2008, 07:48 PM   #8
kkim

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTyke View Post
Thank you for your input! It is so hard to shop for things you cannot test ride tehe!
I agree... being out in the middle of nowhere, I do most of my online clothes shopping from newenough.com because of their awesome return policy. You should check them out if you want a perfect fit. When I ordered my gloves, I ordered 2 pair in half sizes apart. When they arrived, I selected the ones that fit and returned the other pair. You end up paying only for shipping the item to and from. They have excellent customer service, too.

You might pay a bit more in the end, but you end up with perfect fitting clothes.... no guess work involved.

Old November 20th, 2008, 08:03 PM   #9
BlueTyke
So slow I'm first!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
I agree... being out in the middle of nowhere, I do most of my online clothes shopping from newenough.com because of their awesome return policy. You should check them out if you want a perfect fit. When I ordered my gloves, I ordered 2 pair in half sizes apart. When they arrived, I selected the ones that fit and returned the other pair. You end up paying only for shipping the item to and from. They have excellent customer service, too.

You might pay a bit more in the end, but you end up with perfect fitting clothes.... no guess work involved.
Middle of no where! We know where you are! In the ocean! I am so kidding.

I'll check them out. I think I will put it on a Wish list for my fam and friends for the Holidays... See what that gets me

Old November 20th, 2008, 08:09 PM   #10
Purspeed
ninjette.org guru

Name: Purspeed

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

Keep in mind that I am of very modest means and that I spent years saving to buy the following gear:

Helmet- Suomy Spec 1R
Earplugs- Foam plugs
Jacket - Ducati Dainese Isle of Mann
Gloves- Custom Helimot H20
Boots- Frey-Daytona Security III
Pants- Ducati Dainese Speed Pants
Backprotector- Helimot TLV
Armor- (replaced or added to Dainese factory) Torso, shoulder, elbows, lower extremities Level IV T-Pro Armor

I wear all of the above all of the time. My view is that it's cheaper to buy all of the above gear than one trip to the hospital. And, mobility is extremely important to me.

"This is my Ninja. There are many like it, but this one is mine..." ~ Purspeed (ca. Nov, 2008)
Purspeed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 20th, 2008, 08:12 PM   #11
BlueTyke
So slow I'm first!

Quote:
Originally Posted by purspeed View Post

i wear all of the above all of the time. My view is that it's cheaper to buy all of the above gear than one trip to the hospital. And, mobility is extremely important to me.
+100

Old November 20th, 2008, 09:30 PM   #12
TrueFaith
ninjette.org sage

Hey, Purspeed's here too. Awesome.
I've dealt with New Enough quite a bit, but I also like Motorcycle Superstore for discount riding apparel. I've spent hundreds of $$$ with them in the past without a problem and if you hit their sales just right (sign up for email notifications in the link below) you can get great gear for short money.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...FQUWGgodvQLj9w

Old November 21st, 2008, 07:55 PM   #13
Purspeed
ninjette.org guru

Name: Purspeed

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith View Post
Hey, Purspeed's here too. Awesome.
I've dealt with New Enough quite a bit, but I also like Motorcycle Superstore for discount riding apparel. I've spent hundreds of $$$ with them in the past without a problem and if you hit their sales just right (sign up for email notifications in the link below) you can get great gear for short money.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...FQUWGgodvQLj9w
Yeah, New Enough has a positive reputation. I'll Google MS to see what they have going on.

"This is my Ninja. There are many like it, but this one is mine..." ~ Purspeed (ca. Nov, 2008)
Purspeed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 24th, 2008, 02:11 PM   #14
Kurosaki
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星

Name: Joseph

Motorcycle(s): 08 Kurosaki 250, 09 Honda 600RawrRawr

My gear closet consists right now of a 2pc and 1pc suit.

My helmet is a Shoei RF-1000. Boots are Alpinestars SMX-4. Gloves are Alpinestars SP-2. I also have an Alpinestars back protector I wear 90% of the time.

I'm always wearing one or the other. Depends on how I feel that day and the weather. The 1pc has more substantial padding but the 2pc keeps me warmer in cool weather. And the 1pc is great for days that are a little hotter because it vents so well... If it's too hot, I'll just stay home and take a nap.

For the 2pc, I have Dainese Arizona Jacket and Alpinestars Bat Pants.

My 1pc is a Teknic Chicane.

Kurosaki is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 24th, 2008, 02:17 PM   #15
kkim

you use the 2 piece to ride to work? if so, what do you do once you get there?

Old November 24th, 2008, 02:24 PM   #16
Kurosaki
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星

Quote:
you use the 2 piece to ride to work? if so, what do you do once you get there?
Yeah, on days I decide to ride to work, I'll wear the 2pc with my work clothes in a backpack. One of these days I'll show up in the 1pc but I don't wanna deal with the questions comments that would come from it that early in the morning.

When I get there, I change in the bathroom. Or if I'm early enough, I'll close the door where I sit and just change there. I share an office with 2 other people so I try to get there in time so I don't have to go to the bathroom.

Then I just hang my jacket over my chair, put my pants in the bag, gloves in my helmet, helmet in a drawer, and boots under my desk. Works out pretty good.

I was thinking about getting an aerostitch suit that just zips right off so I can wear my work clothes underneath and cut out the backpack part but I don't ride enough days to work to justify the cost. It's pretty much if I wake up and have the impulse to ride to work, I'll do it. Never really plan on it.

Old November 24th, 2008, 02:40 PM   #17
kkim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosaki View Post
It's pretty much if I wake up and have the impulse to ride to work, I'll do it. Never really plan on it.
yeah, that's the beauty of riding a bike. Use it when the mood and weather is right.

Other than the clothes under the suit thing, the reason I like the Aerostich is that I deal with temps from the 30s to the 90s. The suit allows me to bundle up tight or vent to my hearts content and still remain reasonably protected.

BTW, speaking of the Aerostich, do you know if this would be allowed for track days?

Old November 24th, 2008, 02:45 PM   #18
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

Quote:
BTW, speaking of the Aerostich, do you know if this would be allowed for track days?
Most orgs allow the Stich in at least the C group, some allow it in all groups. Depends on the provider.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 24th, 2008, 02:46 PM   #19
Kurosaki
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星

The rules for a couple of the local organizations say that aerostitch suits are OK but it's only for novice group I believe. I guess with A group and B group, crashes are to be expected to be a little nastier.

edit: What he said.

Old November 24th, 2008, 02:53 PM   #20
kkim

thanks, guys... that's good to hear. I'd def be a novice if I decided to race up there, so I guess I'm okay, gear wise.

Old November 24th, 2008, 02:57 PM   #21
NJD022588
============

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250R

Helmet = Scorpion EXO-700 - very pleased with the comfort and airflow

Jacket = JoeRocket Meteor 6.0 Textile - has removable liner and plenty of vents for warmer weather and the liner keeps me warm in the colder weather

Shoes = Sidi Scorpion Air Boots

Warm weather gloves = Shift Hybrid X Gloves

Cold weather gloves = JoeRocket Ballistic 5.0 Gloves - keep my hands very warm but I have no idea why they made the thumbs so long!
NJD022588 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 24th, 2008, 06:21 PM   #22
TheDuck
Da Duckman

Name: Duckman

Motorcycle(s): '08 250R, '06 Chopper, '80 Puch Magnum II, '01 SV650, '99 CR250/CR500AF Sportbike. '02 CRF450/CR500AF Dirt

As some of you know, I'm a big mutha. At 6'3" and 250lbs with a very oddball-lookin shaven albino gorilla-shaped body, and nothing fits me, ever! I may find things that are close.. but it'll have issues, or I look like a complete dork.

Helmet: I have a large almost perfectly round head. Usually the biggest that any company offers will fit snugly. When I was just a little boy if my father wanted to buy the kids hats, he would try one on, if it fit him it would fit me.

Gloves: I've got super wide palms. My hands are 4½" across the knuckles, and my fingers are kinda short by proportion. If I am lucky enough to find something that I can actually get on, the fingers of the gloves tend to be too long, UGH! I found a set of kevlar reinforced work gloves that resemble bike gloves at some oddball tool shop that work well for me.

Jackets: I still haven't found one that fits me right yet. While I can always find something that fits over my large shoulders, I usually something silly like the arms are too short or the jacket goes a little past halfway down my abdomen. Its like all bike gear that I can actually put on is designed for a short fat biker. The other problem I have is a massive adam's apple. Most jackets tend to dig into this. Not good! What I have now is a cruiser-style black jacket that I got as a teenager. It was MASSIVE back then, but its sized small. Small what? I think it was mislabeled, probably why it was the last one and on sale. Now it fits a little snug, the sleeves are long enough, but the jacket is a bit short on my abdomen. I pull my pants up a little higher so It doesn't look dorky.

Pants: This is one thing thats easy to find for me. My legs are quite short for someone of my stature. I like to wear my pants a little long and thats a relatively common size of 32x32.

Footwear: Forget it. Any riding boots that I've ever had interest in, nobody had in my size 15 to try on. I just wear heavy workboots. I almost never find anything in my size in regular shoe stores either.

To top it off, I'm a very physical person, I tend to wear things out quickly, so If i do find something I like, you can find me buying 2 or 3 of them. The inside of my closet is like Ernest P Worrel or Pee Wee Herman... everything is the same!
TheDuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 24th, 2008, 07:06 PM   #23
kkim

oh, fack, that's great!!

Old November 24th, 2008, 08:39 PM   #24
TrueFaith
ninjette.org sage

The sucker's still growing!

Old November 24th, 2008, 09:09 PM   #25
TheDuck
Da Duckman

Motorcycle(s): '08 250R, '06 Chopper, '80 Puch Magnum II, '01 SV650, '99 CR250/CR500AF Sportbike. '02 CRF450/CR500AF Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith View Post
The sucker's still growing!
Then quit rubbing it!

Old November 25th, 2008, 12:21 AM   #26
NJD022588
============

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuck View Post
As some of you know, I'm a big mutha. At 6'3" and 250lbs with a very oddball-lookin shaven albino gorilla-shaped body, and nothing fits me, ever!
I finally see why you compare yourself to that! A massive head and upper body with the same size pants I wear. I'm 5'11 and 180lbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuck View Post
Then quit rubbing it!
NJD022588 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 25th, 2008, 07:35 AM   #27
TheDuck
Da Duckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJD022588 View Post
I finally see why you compare yourself to that! A massive head and upper body with the same size pants I wear. I'm 5'11 and 180lbs.
Yeah, and my pants will roll under my heels when I'm not wearing any shoes with 32" length. I'm probably more accurately a 29 or 30 length. The longer pants look good though with a boot-cut bottom and nice shoes.

The longer pant legs also don't look dorky when bending the knees while sitting on the bike... pants have a tendency to get SHORTER when doing so and before you know it, you look like Jethro Bodine riding your bike.

Old November 25th, 2008, 01:12 PM   #28
daddysmut
noob

Name: lenny

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250r, 01 R1, 99 CBR600, KTM625smc, KTM525smr, YSR50 Haga rep, Ninja 500r, CPI gtr150, fiddies

i have about 10 different helmets i need one for each bike

Arai's, OGK, Suomy, Airoh, KBC....etc

i have two main jackets

Teknic Violator (the new style)
Shift hybrid jacket

AGV gauntlet gloves
Teknic stunt gloves

for the street i use Hi-tek military boots

for the track i have a MotoGP suit, Suomy helmet, Axo roadrace boots.

i think that's it
daddysmut is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 26th, 2008, 07:28 AM   #29
jdesiano1
Stealth like Ninja, Lol

Name: Jessica

Motorcycle(s): Red 2008 250

Gmax helmet -(previous one crash tested) 109.99 Shipped with extra tinted face shield and blinking Led lights on back plus carrying bag for helmet and shield.

Pants- scorpion savannah, very cute and comfortable. Girls they fit the way we like.

Jacket- Joe rocket cleo (fits a little big) and Scorpion nip tuck Fits great, snug but VERY ventilated.

Gloves-Icon pursuit ventilated leather gloves

Boots- I have a pair of harley riding boots but I usually wear my fat baby ariats. I want some alpine stars but buget not there yet.

Oh yeah morepowerracing.com (if they have the product) has always beat motorcycle superstore's pricing and shipping. My hubbys Icon holligan jacket was 40.00 cheap with free shipping.
Attached Images
File Type: gif pswowinc_2030_96025725.gif (6.5 KB, 2626 views)
File Type: jpg 577_Cleo_2_0_Jacket300.jpg (32.7 KB, 2268 views)
File Type: jpg 2009_Scorpion_Womens_Nip_Tuck_Jacket.jpg (12.0 KB, 2264 views)
File Type: jpg 2008_Scorpion_Womens_Savannah_Pants.jpg (9.4 KB, 2257 views)
jdesiano1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 26th, 2008, 02:16 PM   #30
Ken
"Is that the Ninjer 1000?

Name: Ken

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Quarter Liter Kawi

Helmet: Shoei RF-1000 and HJC CL-SP

Leather Jacket: Joe Rocket Speedmaster 5.0, Joe Rocket Blaster 4.0 Perf, TourMaster Coaster II Jacket, TourMaster Coaster AIR II, Teknic Chicane, Icon Merc.

Leather Pants: Joe Rocket Speedmaster 5.0, Joe Rocket ProStreet, Teknic Chicane, TourMaster Apex Perf.

Textile: Teknic Spider jacket, Teknic Sprint pants, Cortech DSX Denim pants

Armor: Joe Rocket Speedmaster back protector, Knox chest armor, Forcefield pants, Forcefield shorts.

Gloves: Joe Rocket Speedmaster 7.0, Alpinestars SP-S, Teknic Chicane, Alpinestars Textile (forgot model off the top of my head) Cortech Scarab winter

Boots: Gaerne GR-S, Gaerne GR-T.

Some stuff in my closet are still new and untouched!

Usually I wear the Joe Rocket Speedmaster stuff.

No squid here
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 26th, 2008, 03:11 PM   #31
OldGuy
Live Life

Name: Don

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Green SE Ninja 250

HJC Flare Helmet
First Gear MeshTek 3.0 Jacket in HiVis Yellow
TourMaster Venture Paints
Sidi Doha boots
Leather gloves when it's warm or Pearl Izumi winter cycling gloves in the cold

All the Gear All the Time

Old January 15th, 2009, 12:43 AM   #32
ROCKNROLLA
<(^^,)>

Name: Vinny

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R (08)

Helmet: Shoei XR1000

Jacket: Not sure yet

Gloves: Alpinestars Alloy

Backpack: OGIO No Drag (Buying soon)

Jeans: Varies but might buy these Icon Strongarm pants

Shoes: Just my etnies atm :P
ROCKNROLLA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 15th, 2009, 01:02 AM   #33
Nemy
ninjette.org sage

Name: Tim

Motorcycle(s): 2009 SE Ninja 250R

My gear so far:

Helmet - Scorpion Exo-700
Jacket - Scorpion Burnout
Gloves - JR Supermoto
Winter Gloves - JR Nitrogen

Still need:

Shoes - new steel-toes or riding boots
Pants - still waiting to find some icons in my size
Nemy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 15th, 2009, 08:34 AM   #34
travis5018
ninjette.org member

Name: Travis

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r

My gear:
Helmet: HJC CS-R1
Jacket: Joe Rocket Black Phoenix 5.0
Gloves: Kawasaki Full Finger

annnddd thats it, I wear jeans and shoes when I ride with all my gear
travis5018 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 15th, 2009, 11:07 AM   #35
Mista Bob
Über n00b

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): Triumph TT600, Honda NS50F, Kawasaki ZZR-250 (sold)

My battle gear

Helmet: Shoei RF-1000
Jacket: Tour Master Coaster Air II perforated leather jacket
Pants: Tour Master Apex perforated leather pants
Gloves: Dainese Hellracer leather gauntlets or textile D-Dry's (not sure on exact model)
Boots: Alpinestars Octane riding shoes

I'm thinking of getting myself a reflective vest for night riding too.
Mista Bob is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 15th, 2009, 11:19 AM   #36
BlueTyke
So slow I'm first!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdesiano1 View Post

Pants- scorpion savannah, very cute and comfortable. Girls they fit the way we like.
Those pants look awesome!

Old January 15th, 2009, 05:16 PM   #37
leanandmean
ninjette.org member

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 2008 & 2007 250 Ninja 1969 BMW R50/2

Alpinestars jacket, pants, boots and gloves for the Ninja
Black leather jacket and chaps with gauntlet gloves for the BMW
Shoei helmet most of the time
Bell open face helmet for the period look on the Beemer
The wife goes for the Joe Rocket stuff

leanandmean is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 15th, 2009, 05:29 PM   #38
devinjc
ninjette.org member

Name: James

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 205 Black

Hat: Scorpion EXO-700
Gloves: A*... um shorties with massive CF knuckles, always forget which ones they are.
Pants: FirstGear Mesh-Tex 2.0 Pants
Jacket: Cortexh GX-Air... love it.
Boots: Sidi Typhoons for winter (comfy, warm, waterproof... way too much damn velcro)
And Sidi Vertigo Airs for Spring, Summer and Fall... so awesome.

My wife informs me I apparently have a boot fetish. Little does she know I have a leather suit fetish too, I just haven't got around to it yet.
devinjc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 15th, 2009, 06:21 PM   #39
BlueTyke
So slow I'm first!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leanandmean View Post
The wife goes for the Joe Rocket stuff
By the look of it that 'stuff' is the Joe Rocket Trixie set, jacket and pants. Good stuff. I have a set but black.

Old January 15th, 2009, 07:27 PM   #40
Bsmith
ninjette.org member

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250 R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mista Bob View Post
My battle gear

Helmet: Shoei RF-1000
Jacket: Tour Master Coaster Air II perforated leather jacket
Pants: Tour Master Apex perforated leather pants
Gloves: Dainese Hellracer leather gauntlets or textile D-Dry's (not sure on exact model)
Boots: Alpinestars Octane riding shoes

I'm thinking of getting myself a reflective vest for night riding too.
Helmet: EXO 400
Jacket: Coaster Air II
Pants: ???
Suit: AGV 1 piece. SP6
Gloves: MotoBoss Mercury For winter, and Frank Thomas full gauntlet for summer time.
Boots: A* SMX+

So how do you like the apex air pants. I was looking at them for a summer pant.
Bsmith is offline   Reply With Quote