ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2013 - 2017 Ninja 300 > 2013 - 2017 Ninja 300 General Discussion

Old July 30th, 2012, 09:17 PM   #161
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoulrath View Post
Because it just is, Sean, damn. Why you gotta be hatin?
Oh girl you be trippin'
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 30th, 2012, 10:00 PM   #162
taufik-tmcblog
ninjette.org member

Name: Taufik

Motorcycle(s): Kawasaki ER6N

Official 2013 Ninja 250 Thread

FYI

Kawasaki Motor Indonesia will launch a new model of Ninja 250R tomorrow august 1st
rumors says that it will be injection, ABS, new fairing etc

i will tell the update tomorrow

update

the dyno :

Last futzed with by taufik-tmcblog; August 6th, 2012 at 11:08 PM.
taufik-tmcblog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 30th, 2012, 10:03 PM   #163
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by taufik-tmcblog View Post
FYI

Kawasaki Motor Indonesia will launch a new model of Ninja 250R tomorrow august 1st

Taufik-tmcblog.com
The troll returns!!!

Isn't it already fuel injected in indonesia?
AFM #676

Old July 30th, 2012, 10:04 PM   #164
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
FYI

Taufik-tmcblog.com
Please do. I checked out the blog. Wish I could read it! Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
The troll returns!!!

No.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 30th, 2012, 11:03 PM   #165
taufik-tmcblog
ninjette.org member

Quote:
The troll returns!!!

no until today still carb

Old July 30th, 2012, 11:04 PM   #166
taufik-tmcblog
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
Please do. I checked out the blog. Wish I could read it! Thanks.

No.
sorry for the language bro
it still in Indonesian

Old July 31st, 2012, 03:30 PM   #167
Sigma.40
ninjette.org member

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 1999 "1000cc" ZX9R

Quote:
I hate when people suggest protecting people from themselves. If you want to get a bike you can't handle, go ahead you have the right to buy anything you want, and I have the right to call you a ****ing idiot But seriously let people do whatever they want to. Take 15yr old robert for example, I 100% support his parents right to buy him an R6. Sure I think he's an idiot for doing so, but it would be even more idiotic to force him to stay on a 250.
+1

This is by far the best thing I have ever seen you write.
Sigma.40 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 31st, 2012, 04:20 PM   #168
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma.40 View Post
+1

This is by far the best thing I have ever seen you write.
You must not read many of my posts
AFM #676

Old July 31st, 2012, 04:43 PM   #169
ninjaone
ninjette.org member

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): CBR

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Fred View Post
Steering damper on a 250/300? Would that really be necessary? I don't think they'll add so many options to the ninjette, paying that much would defeat its most common utility: being a starter bike. It has to be simple, teach the basics effectively and safely. Spending 6k on a 300CC with ABS and steering damper would be pretty much pointless if your goal is to learn and progress to a more powerful bike eventually
Always makes me when people assume just because the engine is 250cc (or less) that things like a steering damper or ABS or even suspension in general doesn't matter.

Last I checked the 250R can reach 100MPH, which means you can take turns at those speeds, brake from those speeds, and accelerate to those speeds under a variety of conditions. Even if just smoothing out road conditions a steering damper has a use on any size bike.

I agree that in this segment in this country Kawasaki has to strike a balance between beginner bike entry level cost and building a tool that can competently perform, but these things (suspension, brakes) do matter. I know several people who rule out ABS on the 250R who would otherwise love to use it as an everyday all weather commuter.

Likewise I might be seriously tempted if Kawasaki offered a full spec Ninja with fully adjustable Ohlins at a great price (under 8k). Then again these things can be taken care of in the aftermarket almost just as well.
ninjaone is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 31st, 2012, 04:54 PM   #170
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Pretty sure a steering dampener would have little to no effect on a ninjette
AFM #676

Old July 31st, 2012, 04:54 PM   #171
Sigma.40
ninjette.org member

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 1999 "1000cc" ZX9R

Quote:
You must not read many of my posts
I've read alot of them. That was just something that I VERY strongly agree with. I wasn't being sarcastic. I hate that the world is turning into a nanny state and like that some people are against that.
Sigma.40 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 31st, 2012, 05:03 PM   #172
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
The pussification of america
AFM #676

Old July 31st, 2012, 05:06 PM   #173
ninjaone
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Pretty sure a steering dampener would have little to no effect on a ninjette
Riding a bike with a properly set up steering damper back to back to one which is completely without, and you would change your mind - regardless of engine size. Steering dampers have an effect at all speeds, in all conditions, both real world and track.

People can get by without a steering damper, just like people get by without a rear suspension, but to say it has little/no effect just because the bike is light weight and has a small engine is just flat out wrong.

Old July 31st, 2012, 05:10 PM   #174
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjaone View Post
Riding a bike with a properly set up steering damper back to back to one which is completely without, and you would change your mind - regardless of engine size. Steering dampers have an effect at all speeds, in all conditions, both real world and track.

People can get by without a steering damper, just like people get by without a rear suspension, but to say it has little/no effect just because the bike is light weight and has a small engine is just flat out wrong.
I think it has to do more with the pitch of the forks than with the size and weight of the bike. The ninjettes forks are pitched less aggressively than supersports and are far less susceptible to tank slappers.
AFM #676

Old July 31st, 2012, 05:34 PM   #175
ninjaone
ninjette.org member

The whole point of a steering damper isn't just to prevent tank slappers any more then the whole point of a rear shock is to prevent the bike from going airborne over a pot hole. Steering dampers affect stability at a variety of levels under a variety of conditions - I can almost guarantee some of which you ride every single time you go out riding.

The addition of a steering damper will generally reduce the wobbly-ness inherent in the steering of short wheel base bikes with aggressive steering geometry. A bike with a steering damper will give you much more confidence through turns and even on straights then the exact same bike without one.

And while the 250R doesn't have the most aggressive geometry on the market, it is still a very short wheel base bike with a relatively aggressive rake/trail compared to most non-supersport bikes.

Bottom line, suspension matters no matter what the engine size.

Old July 31st, 2012, 08:00 PM   #176
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
A steering dampener would be a waste of time and money.

The stock ninjette is so raked that it is overly uber stable. It is so stable that when I raised my tail 2+" and lowered my nose .25", it is still stable, even at 100+ mph and over bumps and WOT turns at mid-ohio and over the twisty roads of the Cuyahoga river valley.

The whole point of a steering dampener is to dampen the motion of the bars so that the geometry can be made more aggressive. More aggressive steering is less stable (bad) and faster to turn in (good). This allows the bike to be more easily flicked side to side while lowering the risk of tank slappers and loss of control over irregularities in the road and situations where the front end is light. That's the only reason it's on some bikes. It is a band-aid to the boo-boo of being so aggressive to the point of being potentially unstable. This booboo is made more evident at high speeds, hence some of the super high tech electronic dampeners that do more dampening at speed, where the bars jerk back and forth more rapidly. The ninja 250 is not fast enough or aggressive enough for that to really be an issue.

If you want a steering dampener, by all means, blow a few Ben Franklin's. But it's not necessary, and likely won't make a darn not of difference outside of the placebo effect.
Posted via Mobile Device
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 31st, 2012, 09:07 PM   #177
ninjaone
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
The whole point of a steering dampener is to dampen the motion of the bars.
You should have just stopped typing here. That is the point of a steering damper, full stop. You don't have to adjust the steering geometry to extract any benefits of a steering damper. A properly set up steering damper will improve stability of the bike in nearly all conditions, even with stock geometry.

Quote:
That's the only reason it's on some bikes. It is a band-aid to the boo-boo of being so aggressive to the point of being potentially unstable. This booboo is made more evident at high speeds, hence some of the super high tech electronic dampeners that do more dampening at speed, where the bars jerk back and forth more rapidly. The ninja 250 is not fast enough or aggressive enough for that to really be an issue.
This is just flat out wrong. To give one example from everyday riding: anytime you accelerate on any bike regardless of power the weight shifts rearward and lifts the front wheel. Under the right conditions (including surface irregularities) the front wheel can be made to oscillate back and forth. This can happen at any time and with bikes without steering dampers frequently does. Most of the time it goes unnoticed or the rider is used to the behavior and the situation corrects itself, but depending on conditions it can be a more or less violent motion.

It has absolutely nothing to do with rider error or "aggressive geometry" at that point, although a short trail and small wheelbase can contribute, both of which the Ninja 250R has.

Finally you started with:

Quote:
It is so stable that when I raised my tail 2+" and lowered my nose .25", it is still stable, even at 100+ mph and over bumps and WOT turns at mid-ohio and over the twisty roads of the Cuyahoga river valley.
What exactly are you comparing this ultimate stability to? Have you tried a Ninja 250R with a properly set up steering damper back to back with the bike without one? Again, I guarantee you a bike with a properly setup steering damper will feel more stable and give you more confidence then the same bike without one. Full stop.

Old July 31st, 2012, 09:14 PM   #178
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
I wonder how many of the racers on this site have steering dampeners on their 250s
AFM #676

Old July 31st, 2012, 09:17 PM   #179
ninjaone
ninjette.org member

Racing stock class usually rules out steering dampers.

Old July 31st, 2012, 10:03 PM   #180
ninjaone
ninjette.org member

Personally I consider steering dampers to be the "ABS" of suspension. When you you don't need it then it's generally completely transparent but when you do need it then it really saves you. Can't overstate enough that the consequences of not having a steering damper can affect you no matter what size or power of your bike.

It's also why I question how good for beginners bikes like the FZ6R and Ninja 650 really are. With their budget suspensions with limited adjust-ability, beginners aren't really learning how to dial in a suspension or what a quality suspension feels like. Sure these things can be fixed with the aftermarket, but going that direction basically negates the price advantage, and trying to dial in an aftermarket suspension to what out of the box the other supersports do from big budget factory testing is a non-trivial undertaking. Not to mention, in terms of real world usable power (talking 0-60 not 1/4 mile) they are very even.

Old July 31st, 2012, 10:08 PM   #181
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Racing stock class usually rules out steering dampers.
Unless Kawi offers them as a factory option, like I so controversially (and not-so-seriously) suggested earlier.

Old August 1st, 2012, 03:06 AM   #182
Racer x

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawmeracchi 350 2010 Project X

MOTM - Sep '18, Feb '16
Quote:
I wonder how many of the racers on this site have steering dampeners on their 250s
I have one
Racer x is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 1st, 2012, 04:37 AM   #183
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
I guarantee you a bike with a properly setup steering damper will feel more stable and give you more confidence then the same bike without one. Full stop.
Alright. I stand corrected, but it's not a necessity for the 250 like it is with other bikes. It would just add unneeded cost if it were added to a stock bike from the factory. The bike is not inherently unstable or prone to massive tank slappers and is very predictable when it does give a little bit of headshake.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old August 1st, 2012, 05:42 AM   #184
lookman_langgeng
ninjette.org newbie

Name: cepot

Motorcycle(s): supra

All New Ninja 250 2013

Officially Launch All New Ninja 250 in Indonesia

http://tmcblog.com/2012/08/01/welcom...comment-405215

Last futzed with by lookman_langgeng; August 1st, 2012 at 06:01 AM. Reason: wrong language
lookman_langgeng is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 1st, 2012, 05:47 AM   #185
lookman_langgeng
ninjette.org newbie

Old August 1st, 2012, 05:50 AM   #186
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Interesting! Keep us updated as you learn more. It certainly looks nice from that angle, but I wanna know what's up her skirt
Posted via Mobile Device

Old August 1st, 2012, 05:53 AM   #187
lookman_langgeng
ninjette.org newbie

stay tuned for more updates and features. ( i'm sorry if my language so bad )

Old August 1st, 2012, 06:02 AM   #188
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Quote:
Alright. I stand corrected, but it's not a necessity for the 250 like it is with other bikes. It would just add unneeded cost if it were added to a stock bike from the factory. The bike is not inherently unstable or prone to massive tank slappers and is very predictable when it does give a little bit of headshake.
Posted via Mobile Device
The decel shake I get about 1,000 miles after every tire change probably accelerates my tire wear dramatically, even though I only see it when I take my hands off the bars. I wonder if a damper might help with that.

Also, no one ever suggested that it would be stock and I wasn't even serious when saying that it could be an option. I was just trying to think of more ways Kawi could increase the profit margin with OEM accessories, like the DB windscreen they offer, so that they could take care of both market segments (value segment and the segment that wants it for being higher performance and 50ccs larger).

Old August 1st, 2012, 06:05 AM   #189
lookman_langgeng
ninjette.org newbie

Last futzed with by lookman_langgeng; August 1st, 2012 at 09:37 AM.

Old August 1st, 2012, 06:25 AM   #190
ZackoFF96
ninjette.org member

Name: Zacko

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R

Siaal .. Baru belii udah keluar yang baru aja ..

Damn .. I just bought my ninja for like a month ago .. Screw kawasaki for making a new one already ..

I thought this ninja will stay for 20 years like the old ninja ..
Posted via Mobile Device
ZackoFF96 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 1st, 2012, 06:37 AM   #191
silentIm
ninjette.org member

Name: Firman

Motorcycle(s): 2011 red ninja 250r

the little disc in the center of disc brake, looks like a sensor disc for speedometer.. or better yet, ABS sensor.

Frame and ergonomics looks the same.. its styling follows ninja 650.
silentIm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 1st, 2012, 06:53 AM   #192
taufik-tmcblog
ninjette.org member

Update

Kawasaki Indonesia launch for the first world premiere All New Ninja 250R

Old August 1st, 2012, 06:54 AM   #193
taufik-tmcblog
ninjette.org member

great looking ninja 250R

Old August 1st, 2012, 06:57 AM   #194
JeffM
Mr. 988

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): One

Yep, ABS sensor ring.

Old August 1st, 2012, 07:00 AM   #195
silentIm
ninjette.org member

Name: Firman

Motorcycle(s): 2011 red ninja 250r

Damn Kawi. Just got my bike last year and Kawi release this now.
silentIm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 1st, 2012, 07:02 AM   #196
taufik-tmcblog
ninjette.org member

so . . . i told you . . . its a major change ninjete

Old August 1st, 2012, 07:08 AM   #197
taufik-tmcblog
ninjette.org member

pict again

Old August 1st, 2012, 07:09 AM   #198
dubojr1

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R SE, 07 Honda CRF230F, 06 Honda CRF150F

Quote:
so . . . i told you . . . its a major change ninjete
So why are you the only one that knows? There is nothing about this on the web other than what you have put out there.

Don't forget to add yourself to our Member Map
dubojr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 1st, 2012, 07:09 AM   #199
taufik-tmcblog
ninjette.org member

the headlamp

Old August 1st, 2012, 07:11 AM   #200
taufik-tmcblog
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubojr1 View Post
So why are you the only one that knows? There is nothing about this on the web other than what you have put out there.
i just know the rumors

until 2 hours ago . . . when the pict officially release