ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ride Reports

Old June 30th, 2011, 12:04 PM   #1
Mekkakat
Eternal Noob

Name: Chase

Motorcycle(s): "Blanka" 07' Ninja 250

As a highway rider..

I have an 07' pre that I basically ride on the highway about 40mi one way every day to commute. My girl lives about 20mi one way out in a totally different direction, and all in all, I'm usually pulling about 100-140mi a day on some really busy days.

That being said, I ride my bike *all* of the time. Heck, I rode the thing in the snow at the end of winter lol. I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place but..

How the heck can people say the 250 isn't "capable" of highway riding?? I have ZERO problems passing, controlling, or keeping up with the rest of the flow of traffic. I'm constantly asked if it's a 500-600cc, and best of all, I roll at a smooth 70-75 on a nice loose traffic day like it's nothing. I'm 150lbs, and about 6ft, but I never have the lugging up hills or bogging that some complain about either.

I guess all of this is almost a rant, simply because I was out riding during my break, and came across 4 other riders. Now the speed limit was about 55, and I was doing like 70 (yes.. I know.. I speed sometimes..), and they were probably doing 60-65, because I caught up to them. Just so happens we were going to the same place for lunch. We get off the bikes, compliment each others rides, and one asked the displacement on mine.

"Oh, it's a 250. Gotta save that gas!"
"A 250!? Did you put a turbo in it!?"
"You must have been ready to blow your engine up on the highway like that!"

One of the guys even pulled me to the side while we were in line and was like.. legit afraid for me, saying I "had no business putting myself in danger riding a bike over it's limit".

Sigh.

End rant hahahahhaha
Mekkakat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 30th, 2011, 12:21 PM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

We can't fix stupid, all we can do is smile at it.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 30th, 2011, 12:22 PM   #3
Mekkakat
Eternal Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
That's seriously all I could do too haha.

Old June 30th, 2011, 12:48 PM   #4
ally99
Ninja chick

Name: Allyson

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300

MOTM - Dec '13, Feb '15
Quote:

Check out my Appalachian Trail journal, 2015!

Postwhores are COOL! ~Allyson
ally99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 30th, 2011, 12:52 PM   #5
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

Name: Tri

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R, 2005 R6

I read a funny quote today. "Life is tough. Life is tougher if you're stupid."

Old June 30th, 2011, 01:33 PM   #6
tjkamper
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Travis

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R

I totally get it. The ninjette is perfectly cabable of the interstate. When I lived in Utah I was doing 80+ for 60+ miles one way every day. No problems.

Old June 30th, 2011, 02:31 PM   #7
Linuss
ninjette.org guru

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

Psh...

I do a 107 mile (each way) commute, meaning 214 miles per shift, on my Ninja, usually going 70-80ish all the way.

Saves gas, that's for sure. Only cost $18 per work day for gas.
Linuss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 30th, 2011, 04:27 PM   #8
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
I feel like my 250 is a little under powered on the freeway. There's really not alot of acceleration once I'm going 70 and I wouldn't feel too comfortable trying to pass someone at that speed like I do in my car. I do miss having a second gear that goes up to 90mph(cage) XD
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 30th, 2011, 06:11 PM   #9
setasai

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
I feel like my 250 is a little under powered on the freeway. There's really not alot of acceleration once I'm going 70 and I wouldn't feel too comfortable trying to pass someone at that speed like I do in my car. I do miss having a second gear that goes up to 90mph(cage) XD
You mentioned this before. I really think if you feel like the power is so lacking that something might be off. Should get it checked out or something.
setasai is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 30th, 2011, 06:33 PM   #10
choneofakind

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekkakat View Post
One of the guys even pulled me to the side while we were in line and was like.. legit afraid for me, saying I "had no business putting myself in danger riding a bike over it's limit".

I don't understand that either. a ninja 250 is perfectly capable of way more than freeway speeds. But I'm somewhat preaching to the choir here that's why I put 250R vinyls from kevin on my windscreen and tail. that way ignorant bikers like that guy know what the heck just kicked their butt
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 30th, 2011, 06:37 PM   #11
choneofakind

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
consider this statement though

Quote:
I do miss having a second gear that goes up to 90mph(cage) XD
that's fast. comparing a 250 to that would make a 250 seem underpowered above 70 even if said 250 is nicely tuned and jetted.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 30th, 2011, 06:41 PM   #12
kkim

Quote:
We can't fix stupid...
sure you can

kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 30th, 2011, 07:44 PM   #13
Liquidtoon
ninjette.org member

Name: Josh

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250r

I understand the statement that 250s are underpowered for freeway. If you was to say freeway speed is 70 then try to pass a car there is not motorcycle like acceleration from 70+ to pass some one. Yes it will do it but the feel of going 80+ on a 250 with its narrow tires and factory power is noticeable to a bigger bike. Now I'm not saying bigger is better just different at what is really the top end of the 250s performance.

Also at 80mph you would get better gas mileage from a 600.
Liquidtoon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 30th, 2011, 08:46 PM   #14
jamesio
ninjette.org guru

Name: Moe

Motorcycle(s): None

I had a guy ask me if my bike was a 1000cc

Old June 30th, 2011, 11:18 PM   #15
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by setasai View Post
You mentioned this before. I really think if you feel like the power is so lacking that something might be off. Should get it checked out or something.
It still accelerates its just from wind resistance and my fatass that it doesnt accelerate as much as I like it to. I'm planning on shimming/jetting and getting a full exhaust later this year.

Old July 1st, 2011, 12:53 AM   #16
setasai

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R Green

Quote:
It still accelerates its just from wind resistance and my fatass that it doesnt accelerate as much as I like it to. I'm planning on shimming/jetting and getting a full exhaust later this year.
The shim/snorkel thing can be done quite easily and quickly so I'd do that first to see how you like it. If you need tools let me know.
setasai is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 1st, 2011, 08:01 AM   #17
Jinx250
Smoker

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): Guess....

Quote:
How much do you weigh
How tall are you
How do you shift

The most important part is the 3rd question, because I'm a lot closer to 300 with my gear on, and I have NO problems passing, even at extra legal speeds. Most of the people who I've discussed this issue with do not run the bike up to redline, or even near redline. That's called short shifting (sounds like you have a manual car so you probably know that). You can easily top the bike out at 60 doing that.
Jinx250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 1st, 2011, 08:03 AM   #18
Mekkakat
Eternal Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linuss View Post
Psh...

I do a 107 mile (each way) commute, meaning 214 miles per shift, on my Ninja, usually going 70-80ish all the way.

Saves gas, that's for sure. Only cost $18 per work day for gas.
Man Steve, you need to move closer to work! haha :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx250 View Post
How much do you weigh
How tall are you
How do you shift

The most important part is the 3rd question, because I'm a lot closer to 300 with my gear on, and I have NO problems passing, even at extra legal speeds. Most of the people who I've discussed this issue with do not run the bike up to redline, or even near redline. That's called short shifting (sounds like you have a manual car so you probably know that). You can easily top the bike out at 60 doing that.

I agree. Biggest problem I ever see with the acceleration/top end of the 250 (for other folks) is keeping it too tight. I ride my parents Harleys sometimes, and I even watch them do it. They shift at like 2k RPMS and crap like that. Basically the second the engine sounds even sort of taxed. That's way too early for any bike unless you're just reeeeeeeeaaally cruising and you don't want too much aggression from the bike. If I'm riding for anything other than to get a sandwich or going to a friend's down the street, I kinda hammer it nowadays. The bike can take it... seriously. It's not only fun, but (from my test) doesn't even tax the bike any more than the other way around, or at least not that noticeably. Yeah, you can hypermile your bike to death if that's your thing, but you'll be driving like you're saying, and not getting past 65-70mph.

Pop that sucker at (pregen for me.. idk the newgens) 11-12k baby

Old July 1st, 2011, 08:18 AM   #19
bdavison
Wartown, USA

Name: Bryan

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R SE, 2007 Ninja 650R, and assorted other bikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidtoon View Post
If you was to say freeway speed is 70 then try to pass a car there is not motorcycle like acceleration from 70+ to pass some one. Yes it will do it but the feel of going 80+ on a 250 with its narrow tires and factory power is noticeable to a bigger bike.
At 70mph, and a twist of the throttle to pass someone at 90+ is similar to the acceleration in a regular car. Sure its not like a supersport that launches you to dragstrip speeds in seconds for a blazing bullet pass...but you dont need a supersport to pass somebody on the interstate. You may want it...but you dont NEED it.

Ive yet to find a car,truck,SUV,motorhome,etc. on the interstate that needed passing, that I wasnt able to pass on the 250r with relative ease.
bdavison is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 1st, 2011, 08:23 AM   #20
Mekkakat
Eternal Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdavison View Post
At 70mph, and a twist of the throttle to pass someone at 90+ is similar to the acceleration in a regular car. Sure its not like a supersport that launches you to dragstrip speeds in seconds for a blazing bullet pass...but you dont need a supersport to pass somebody on the interstate. You may want it...but you dont NEED it.

Ive yet to find a car,truck,SUV,motorhome,etc. on the interstate that needed passing, that I wasnt able to pass on the 250r with relative ease.
This.

I try to express this exact feeling to others mocking the 250. I'm faster and more nimble than 90% of the cars/trucks out there. I don't need to wear a tee shirt, shorts, flip flops, and wheelie past semis while checking my phone.

... Everyone knows you can't power wheelie a 250

Old July 1st, 2011, 08:32 AM   #21
DaBlue1
Long Time Rider

Name: Blue

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Quote:
It will make a world of difference. Trust me.
DaBlue1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 1st, 2011, 08:54 AM   #22
bluepoof
ninjette.org sage

Name: Carolyn

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250, 2002 Yamaha XT225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekkakat View Post
I don't need to wear a tee shirt, shorts, flip flops, and wheelie past semis while checking my phone.
But I thought doing all that added at least 10 horsepower!

Old July 1st, 2011, 01:51 PM   #23
rockNroll

Name: rock

Motorcycle(s): black

I chuckle every time someone starts one of these "how can anyone say the Ninja 250 sucks on the highway" types of threads. There's a bunch of em'

This just in! The Ninja 250 does kinda suck on the interstates

These kind of statements are mostly opinions so there's always a debate, most of which seems to be sour grapes. These threads are like oil and break in threads

Old July 1st, 2011, 10:37 PM   #24
TXJ
Cranky Old Fart

Name: TXJ

Motorcycle(s): 08 DRZ400SM

250s can't go on the highway. It's been scientifically proven. Don't chance it people. Replace your ninjette with a ZX-10R now before it's too late!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdavison
True story. I don't know why so many people seem to have a issue with this on the ninjette, and I've ridden a honda reflex on the highway and passed people easily.
TXJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 4th, 2011, 07:15 AM   #25
almost40
ninjette.org Monkey Spank

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R Track-Bike Woodcraft clip-ons and rearsets FZ-6 track bike

Without sounding like an JERK

MY 250 will run 90 all day every day and get there as fast as the muscle cars of the early 90's I cant ever recall an instance where MORE power got me out of trouble on the highway. I guess its unsafe to drive an 92 Z-28 on the highway Bet you could never keep up with traffic in an 90 LX mustang 5.0 HOW MANY OF YOU DRIVE OVER 90mph on regular occasion???? 90 is fast enough for 94/294 in the Chicago area. They drive just like the maniacs's in LA. Isnt 90 fast enough there too???

90 mph is the top of 4th gear on my bike. With plently in reserve.
from a cruse in 6th going 70mph. TO PASS I click down 2 gears and run the bike to the redline in 4th. Pass completed. Most of the time I dont even have to downshift. ROLL on the throttle and the bike squirts to 90 no problem.

If triple digit speeds are required to pass. THEN maybe you dont need to pass.
RELAX and ENJOY THE RIDE.......YOU WILL LIVE LONGER.
almost40 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 4th, 2011, 10:12 AM   #26
Liquidtoon
ninjette.org member

I am just curious how many of you have a bigger bike or have rode larger bikes (600+) on the freeway. I know that experience isn't always required to make an argument but I think, in this instance, it is the cause of difference of opinion. If I have the choice of hopping on a 250 or 600 for a primarily freeway ride I would prefer the 600. I think the 250 is capable of doing it and the 250 can do 90+ but it is more than just speed that influences the ride. Body position, weight, tire width (maybe it is just because our freeways are really bad..) , the excessive amount of turn in the 250 throttle, ect.

My argument is simply a stock 250 is not as well suited for freeways as a larger stock bike.

I can also see how someone who started on a 600 would think a bike with so little comparative acceleration off the line would think it would equally lack power at the upper end.

I think it is also a key point for all the "but I save gas!"-folks that a 600 gets better mileage on the highway at upper speeds because of the difference in rpms. I can only show my experience here but my modded 250 get worse gas mileage than my friends 636 over longer rides.

ok. ok. /rant off

Old July 4th, 2011, 11:08 AM   #27
bluepoof
ninjette.org sage

Name: Carolyn

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250, 2002 Yamaha XT225

Quote:
I am just curious how many of you have a bigger bike or have rode larger bikes (600+) on the freeway. I know that experience isn't always required to make an argument but I think, in this instance, it is the cause of difference of opinion. If I have the choice of hopping on a 250 or 600 for a primarily freeway ride I would prefer the 600.
I think there's a difference between "the 250 is perfectly capable of freeway riding" and "the 250 is the best choice for freeway riding".

I do have a lot of experience riding 650cc and 750cc bikes on the freeway and I agree with you that, given the choice, I would probably take the larger bike, because the heavier motorcycles are more physically comfortable for me to ride on the droning interstate for hour after hour.

Though, like you mentioned later in your post, it's not just about speed: my Ninjette has better ergonomics than my old SV650S, so even though the SVS was a more comfortable engine on the interstate, the Ninjette is a more comfortable ride. My F650GS, on the other hand, was physically comfortable but extensive freeway riding felt taxing on its single-cylinder engine ("extensive" meaning all day, like from Los Angeles to Phoenix or SF to Seattle).

That all said, I think the point of this thread was not whether there are better bikes for the interstate but whether the Ninjette can do the freeway without "being ready to blow up", and I think we can all agree that of course it can.

Old July 4th, 2011, 11:36 AM   #28
almost40

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R Track-Bike Woodcraft clip-ons and rearsets FZ-6 track bike

Quote:
I am just curious how many of you have a bigger bike or have rode larger bikes (600+) on the freeway. I know that experience isn't always required to make an argument but I think, in this instance, it is the cause of difference of opinion. If I have the choice of hopping on a 250 or 600 for a primarily freeway ride I would prefer the 600. I think the 250 is capable of doing it and the 250 can do 90+ but it is more than just speed that influences the ride. Body position, weight, tire width (maybe it is just because our freeways are really bad..) , the excessive amount of turn in the 250 throttle, ect.

My argument is simply a stock 250 is not as well suited for freeways as a larger stock bike.

I can also see how someone who started on a 600 would think a bike with so little comparative acceleration off the line would think it would equally lack power at the upper end.

I think it is also a key point for all the "but I save gas!"-folks that a 600 gets better mileage on the highway at upper speeds because of the difference in rpms. I can only show my experience here but my modded 250 get worse gas mileage than my friends 636 over longer rides.

ok. ok. /rant off
Its your story. If your crusing at sane speeds for the street 80-85mph or under... Ill bet I go farther on 4 gallons of gas on my 250 than any 600 cc would with 4 gallons.

Im not trying to flame anyone. Get real........ If a 250 isnt fast enought just admit that you want to go 100 + mph on the street and be done with it. ITS OK...... IM NOT YOUR DADDY. This is still a free country. YOU WONT GET INTO TROUBLE.

Just remember on those group rides with all the testosterone flying around. Its all fun and games until someone gets KILLED. I suggest to EVERYONE......Take the 250 to the track.........When you find its limit there........THEN and only THEN consider more power. Ill bet that those of you who are honest with yourself and spend enough time at the track to learn something will say, "Its not how fast the bike is..............ITS THE RIDER.

Old July 4th, 2011, 12:32 PM   #29
Reddoak
ninjette.org guru

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r - Traded for 2009 ER-6N

Well.... my 2008 250 was perfectly capable on the highway. I kept up with 75-80 MPH traffic, no problem. Situations that I could accelerate out of weren't a problem, I would just slow down or change lanes rather than hit the throttle.

That said, the 650 is easier on the highway. Everything my 250 did, the ER-6 does better, with 2 exceptions:
1. Wind blast. Going from a faired 250 to a naked 650 is a noticeable difference! It's not too bad, but it is more so than the 250 was.
2. Fuel economy. The 250 did better. No surprise there. My 250 got 50-55 MPG, regardless of how I rode it. The ER-6 gets 43 or so average, the one long trip I took going fast (a tankful of gas at 80-90 MPH steady) dragged it down to 32 MPG. Ouch! I slowed down after filling it and got back in the 40s.

That said, if I had both in front of me, and had to ride from here to Daytona (90 minutes or so) I would take the 650 90 % of the time. I don't need or want to go triple digits on the street, but I like to accelerate briskly, and the taller gearing makes me feel more comfortable than being on a 9000 RPM motor.

Anyone who states the 250 is incompetent on a highway is speaking from a position of ignorance. There are better bikes for it, sure. But it does fine.

Old July 4th, 2011, 02:32 PM   #30
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx250 View Post
How much do you weigh
How tall are you
How do you shift

How much do you weigh: 200
How tall are you: 6'2
How do you shift: Like a pro XD

The times I have trouble passing are on the freeway at 70+ Its easy to pass on slower roads. When I'm on the freeway going 70 my RPM's in 6th are at about 9-10k. I'm not sure I can down shift to 5th at that speed in order to pass. I haven't checked what my RPM's are in 5th at that speed but I'd imagine its about 12k.

When I am maintaining a constant speed (whether its 35 or 70) I am usually in 6th and if I need to accelerate I will downshift. So it's not that I am in 6th at 35 and saying this bike has no power to pass wahhh It's that at 70+ there is not alot of acceleration. I am hoping to help this problem with a rejet and new full exhaust in the near future.

As for my car, its an automatic sport sedan and in second gear I redline at 6500rpm @ 90mph. I know this from using the pseudo-manual 1st and 2nd modes.

Old July 4th, 2011, 02:40 PM   #31
ducducgooseit

Name: ...

Motorcycle(s): ...

This thread is full of win.
ducducgooseit is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 4th, 2011, 03:08 PM   #32
wtfh4xx
Opinionated individual :)

Name: SecretNinjaMan

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninjette Special Edition (red/black)

Quote:
How much do you weigh: 200
How tall are you: 6'2
How do you shift: LIKE A BOSS
Yoshi slip on, shimmed 2 washers, zip tie throttle mod, pre-load #2, snorkel delete
2010 SE 250R!
Miles in the saddle: 1000
wtfh4xx is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 4th, 2011, 03:51 PM   #33
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Quote:
When I'm on the freeway going 70 my RPM's in 6th are at about 9-10k. I'm not sure I can down shift to 5th at that speed in order to pass. I haven't checked what my RPM's are in 5th at that speed but I'd imagine its about 12k.
5th redlines at about 94 mph, 6th hits redline at about 105 mph. You can definitely downshift to 5th at highway speeds for a little more oomph if you need it. I find that 6th is too sluggish at 70 mph, but at 75+ mph, it's fine.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)

Old July 4th, 2011, 03:57 PM   #34
Liquidtoon
ninjette.org member

Quote:
You can definitely downshift to 5th at highway speeds for a little more oomph if you need it. I find that 6th is too sluggish at 70 mph, but at 75+ mph, it's fine.
I think I will have to try this. In general I hit 6th at the end of the on ramp and stay in 6th most of the way, maybe a well used down shift can help alleviate my sluggish ride.

Old July 4th, 2011, 04:06 PM   #35
kkim

gears... learn to use them. shift at redline so you'll learn what the max speed you can carry in each gear.
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 4th, 2011, 04:18 PM   #36
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
shift at redline
Always.

Old July 4th, 2011, 04:41 PM   #37
almost40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddoak View Post
Well.... my 2008 250 was perfectly capable on the highway. I kept up with 75-80 MPH traffic, no problem. Situations that I could accelerate out of weren't a problem, I would just slow down or change lanes rather than hit the throttle.

Anyone who states the 250 is incompetent on a highway is speaking from a position of ignorance. There are better bikes for it, sure. But it does fine.
Oh granted If I was going LONG distance I would put my FZ6 back into street trim NO DOUBT.

My only problem is......... that myth keeps floating around out there.
Its used as a justification. I cant accelerate out of trouble on a 250. Dont buy one, you will outgrow it.....Those prized demographic of 18-25 eat it up like candy. GOTA HAVE 100+ HORSE machine. next thing you know.............they make the newspaper and not in a good way.

They would all be better served with a 250. Then take the $4000 they saved and goto the track where they could learn to control 30 horse at the limit.
The experience would pay dividends when they did hit the street on a 600. Ya never know but a few of them might even keep the 250.

Old July 4th, 2011, 05:56 PM   #38
Cuongism

Name: Cuong

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r, 2007 Daytona 675

Quote:

/rant off
What's your modded gas mileage? My 250 is heavily modded with a full exhaust and pod filters (DJ main jets 106 so 112 equivalent). I started on SS's and owned a 03 748, 05 GSXR, 07 CBR, and 07 675 and none of them gets better mileage than the 250. I've lost my keys to the 250 so I've been commuting on the 675 and it's not even close. 250 has a 4.8 gallon tank vs 675's 4.6 gallon tank and the 250 averages 200 miles vs the 675's 130 miles. My commute is .5 miles to freeway and then 15 miles freeway.

Maybe the 636 has really good mpg
Cuongism is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 4th, 2011, 06:08 PM   #39
Liquidtoon
ninjette.org member

I usually get about 150 a tank on my 250. its about 8miles to freeway (around 15 lights *sigh* ) then about 20miles of freeway. 75 speed limit so I cruise at 80 to 85 then about 4 miles after freeway. each way everyday.

636 has similar route, not sure on mods but he probably doesn't shift at red-line like I do. I dont remember the exact numbers been a while since we had the conversation, I remember they were close but he was getting a little better than me per mile.

Old July 4th, 2011, 06:14 PM   #40
Cuongism

Name: Cuong

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r, 2007 Daytona 675

Hmmm, 150 on a tank sounds really low. I don't even shift into 6th cruising on the 250 going 85-90. When you fill up, how many gallons does it take? I think there is an issue with your 250 if it averages less than 40 mpg and maybe we can figure it out?
Cuongism is offline   Reply With Quote