ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Old September 11th, 2011, 10:21 PM   #1
Heed
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): None yet, yet.

Never get a gym membership if ABC Financial is its billing company.

/begin rant

I got a membership with my local gym about a year ago. The membership is payed monthly and I haven't had any billing issues for months until one day, I got an email.

It said that my membership was past due. I didn't understand how that was possible, because none of my billing information was changed at all and my account didn't run out of money. I ignored it and thought it was just a mistake that they would've corrected.

Well, now I got yet another email saying my membership remains 'critically past due', and I'm being charged $148.80 because apparently my payments have never been made.

I haven't been to my gym in months. I wonder if anything would even happen if I went today and showed them my card. The email says I am being 'denied access'.

After doing more research online, I learned that I wasn't the only one having issues with these guys. There are A LOT of people pissed off for similar reasons.

Tomorrow I got to talk to a customer service guy over the phone, this is bs.
Heed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 12th, 2011, 07:43 AM   #2
Zombiphone
CVMA/AFM #72

Name: Tiffani

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r (Racebike), 2015 FZ-07(Tourer), 2001 KX65(LOL bike)

Ugh, that sucks. I've never been a fan of hands off, automatic billing. This kind of stuff is why I just paid for my gym membership in one upfront payment through Costco (Well, that, and $300 for 2 full years at any 24hour Fitness is pretty impossible to beat).

Nothing's more fun than yelling at customer service reps. Good luck
Zombiphone is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 13th, 2011, 07:36 AM   #3
StephanieABC
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Stephanie

Motorcycle(s): None yet

Smile ABC Financial

Hello,
We regret to hear your recent experience with ABC Financial Services was not a satisfactory one. I would like the opportunity to review your account and see that proper action has been taken. We strive to address all consumer feedback, positive or negative, and want to make your situation was handled properly.

I was not able to locate your membership with the information provided in this post, however, should you have additional comments you would care to discuss, please email me at Stephanie.cook@abcfinancial.com.
Stephanie Cook
Data Research Analyst
ABC Financial Services, Inc.
StephanieABC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 13th, 2011, 08:13 AM   #4
YORCHI
n00b

Name: Jorge

Motorcycle(s): Blue 2010 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephanieABC View Post
Hello,
We regret to hear your recent experience with ABC Financial Services was not a satisfactory one. I would like the opportunity to review your account and see that proper action has been taken. We strive to address all consumer feedback, positive or negative, and want to make your situation was handled properly.

I was not able to locate your membership with the information provided in this post, however, should you have additional comments you would care to discuss, please email me at Stephanie.cook@abcfinancial.com.
Stephanie Cook
Data Research Analyst
wait what?

#KCCO
YORCHI is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 13th, 2011, 08:32 AM   #5
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

Name: Tri

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R, 2005 R6

That's kinda creepy.

Old September 13th, 2011, 09:51 AM   #6
Heed

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephanieABC View Post
Hello,

Stephanie Cook
Data Research Analyst
wth. is this a joke? lol

Old September 13th, 2011, 11:49 AM   #7
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

A little creepy, but a little neat. It's a testament to how quickly google archives pages like this and gets them into their search results.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 13th, 2011, 11:59 AM   #8
Heed

Old September 13th, 2011, 12:44 PM   #9
YORCHI
n00b

She should introduce herself at least...and post pics

#KCCO

Old September 13th, 2011, 12:45 PM   #10
CynicalC

Name: Colin

Motorcycle(s): '96 EX250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heed View Post
one day, I got an email. It said that my membership was past due. I ignored it. Now I'm being charged $148.80 because my payments have never been made.
I ran your post through a problem solving filter that extracts only the information it needs to solve your problem. This is what it came up with. I think if you give it a read, you'll see who's really at fault and how to avoid having the same issue again in the future.

Old September 13th, 2011, 01:05 PM   #11
Heed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalC View Post
I ran your post through a problem solving filter that extracts only the information it needs to solve your problem. This is what it came up with. I think if you give it a read, you'll see who's really at fault and how to avoid having the same issue again in the future.
I know, I should have gave them a call ASAP. It's still BS though because I didn't change my billing information or anything. I'm pretty sure they terminated my membership by now as they said so and it was mentioned this was their last email. Anyway, I refuse to pay them a dime. I'd much rather get a membership somewhere else but there aren't any in my location -_-. So yes, I shot myself in the foot.

Old September 13th, 2011, 01:19 PM   #12
CynicalC

Name: Colin

Motorcycle(s): '96 EX250

Quote:
I know, I should have gave them a call ASAP. It's still BS though because I didn't change my billing information or anything. I'm pretty sure they terminated my membership by now as they said so and it was mentioned this was their last email. Anyway, I refuse to pay them a dime. I'd much rather get a membership somewhere else but there aren't any in my location -_-. So yes, I shot myself in the foot.
Just don't be surprised if they sen collections after you if you ignore it any further. It will damage your credit. Big name gyms are notorious for this kind of behavior.

But it's not just gyms. I've had problems with AT&T / concast and my property management losing my billing information for no apparent reason. Gotta be vigilant.

Old September 13th, 2011, 02:57 PM   #13
YORCHI
n00b

did the money come out of your account? did you set up automatic payments, do you have proof?

before you decide to not pay them a dime, check to make sure they aren't right and you really do owe them money.

#KCCO

Old September 13th, 2011, 08:00 PM   #14
Heed

Quote:
Originally Posted by YORCHI View Post
did the money come out of your account? did you set up automatic payments, do you have proof?

before you decide to not pay them a dime, check to make sure they aren't right and you really do owe them money.
I just don't get it.

I get a gym membership one day, and all payments are made as they're supposed to. For months, I had no issues with any transactions. I could check online to see my activity if I wanted to. And I also get a bank statement in the mail every so often that show me transactions.

Until one day, I didn't get charged I guess. On one of my latest bank statements, it does not show that I have been charged by my gym. And soon after that I got an email from this company saying they haven't received my payment. I'm positive that I haven't changed any of my billing information at all. That's the weird part. But I'm going to give them a call tomorrow and finally take care of this.

Old September 13th, 2011, 08:02 PM   #15
YORCHI
n00b

Quote:
I just don't get it.

I get a gym membership one day, and all payments are made as they're supposed to. For months, I had no issues with any transactions. I could check online to see my activity if I wanted to. And I also get a bank statement in the mail every so often that show me transactions.

Until one day, I didn't get charged I guess. On one of my latest bank statements, it does not show that I have been charged by my gym. And soon after that I got an email from this company saying they haven't received my payment. I'm positive that I haven't changed any of my billing information at all.
You need to be positive that you didn't just pay for the few months they did charge you. Just call them already and figure it out.

#KCCO

Old September 13th, 2011, 09:57 PM   #16
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalC View Post
Just don't be surprised if they sen collections after you if you ignore it any further. It will damage your credit. Big name gyms are notorious for this kind of behavior.

But it's not just gyms. I've had problems with AT&T / concast and my property management losing my billing information for no apparent reason. Gotta be vigilant.
Hello,
We regret to hear your recent experience with AT&T was not a satisfactory one. I would like the opportunity to review your account and see that proper action has been taken. We strive to address all consumer feedback, positive or negative, and want to make your situation was handled properly.

I was not able to locate your account with the information provided in this post, however, should you have additional comments you would care to discuss, please email me at sean.voight@att.com
Sean Voight
Retail Sales Consultant
AT&T

Lol seriously though we get customers yelling at us in the store because their phones were shut off because they didn't pay on time. I don't know what else to tell them except to pay their bills on time. And when people go past due for to long they get tossed off to collections which definitely hurts your credit. Always take care of discrepancies as soon as you can
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote