Go Back   ninjette.org > Forum Info > Forum Information

Old December 8th, 2012, 07:49 PM   #1
Arbatrix
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Stephen

Motorcycle(s): None yet!

Zip code for registration?

Hi there!

New member of the community, as you can probably tell from my non-existant post-count. Anyways, just a quick suggestion...

Since you have the member map feature now, why not get rid of the zip code requirement for registering to the site? I mean, zip codes don't always use the five digit format that you Americans do. For example, being Canadian, my X0X 0X0 format wasn't accepted.

In my opinion, it's more of a hassle than a benefit. Sure, keep the zip code for ease of finding others in your area, but don't make it mandatory!

Edit: My "current" zip code is that of the Pentagon... It was just the first thing that came to mind when I googled for potential zip codes. So no, I don't actually live in the Pentagon........ <_<
Arbatrix is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 8th, 2012, 08:20 PM   #2
rojoracing53
Fast-Guy wannabe

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja250, 2011 RM-Z250, 2004 NSR50,

MOTM - Jan '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbatrix View Post
Hi there!

New member of the community, as you can probably tell from my non-existant post-count. Anyways, just a quick suggestion...

Since you have the member map feature now, why not get rid of the zip code requirement for registering to the site? I mean, zip codes don't always use the five digit format that you Americans do. For example, being Canadian, my X0X 0X0 format wasn't accepted.

In my opinion, it's more of a hassle than a benefit. Sure, keep the zip code for ease of finding others in your area, but don't make it mandatory!

Edit: My "current" zip code is that of the Pentagon... It was just the first thing that came to mind when I googled for potential zip codes. So no, I don't actually live in the Pentagon........ <_<
I think you'll fit in here just fine Mr chief of staff.
rojoracing53 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 9th, 2012, 12:28 AM   #3
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

More people end up using the zipcode field, than who voluntarily place themselves on the member map. The field should accept any type of numbers at this point, it used to be limited to 5 numbers, but as you mention, other locations use different formats.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 9th, 2012, 05:22 AM   #4
NinjetteNewfie
ninjette.org member

Name: Melissa

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250

Had same problem when I registered, Canadian postal code has six characters, so I came up with the very original zipcode of 12345 No idea where that would be.