ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Marketplace > Motorcycle-related

Old February 2nd, 2012, 07:34 PM   #1
samw
ninjette.org member

Name: Sam

Motorcycle(s): 2005 HON CBR1000RR Repsol, 2012 KAW Ninja 250R

Sportisi Rear Hugger (2008+)

What do y'all think about the v2 versus the v3?

The v3 has the chain guard and a shorter hugger tip (covers less of the rear tire). Note that the swingarm covers are different too. The v3 will be about $50 more.

Thoughts?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hugger_v2.jpg (44.6 KB, 98 views)
File Type: jpg hugger_v3.jpg (45.8 KB, 101 views)
samw is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 2nd, 2012, 08:55 PM   #2
saxnbass
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2009 CBR600rr

Any installed pics by any chance?
saxnbass is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 2nd, 2012, 08:57 PM   #3
choneofakind

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
I've been eyeballing those on sportisi's website. V3 all the way. But I have a pregen, so me looking at those online is really just so I can
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 2nd, 2012, 09:06 PM   #4
cerberusrex25
Accesories Guru

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): '99 EX250(Cafe/fighter project)

I might get me a V3, thing looks sick and closer to the ZX6R Swinger.
cerberusrex25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 2nd, 2012, 09:16 PM   #5
samw
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxnbass View Post
Any installed pics by any chance?
Assuming you mean the v3...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hugger_v3_installed_800.jpg (100.4 KB, 112 views)

Old February 2nd, 2012, 09:31 PM   #6
Trailerboy531
Gear crash test dummy

Name: Max

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250 race bike, 2014 ZX-636r

I'm digging the V3. There is a member on here who has a sportisi carbon hugger, it looks great but i heard he had a b*tch of a time getting the thing on and to fit the tire properly without rubbing. I'm assuming he has the v2. Any comments you can make on how close the fitment is?

I'd also like to see a picture of v2 and v3 right next to each other (on bikes wouldn't hurt but that's difficult) That would make the decision way easier
Trailerboy531 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 2nd, 2012, 10:25 PM   #7
Cab305
ninjette.org sage

Name: Cab

Motorcycle(s): Blue 10 250r

v2 all the way

Cab305 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 3rd, 2012, 04:35 PM   #8
dragonboy
ninjette.org member

Name: JT

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250R SE Green Machine, 2011 250R SE White Lightning

Sweet! How well does either one fit with a 150 tire?
dragonboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 3rd, 2012, 06:32 PM   #9
vnranger
ninjette.org sage

Name: Jonathan

Motorcycle(s): Candy Thunder blue 2009 kawasaki 250r, 2010 Dark Stealth Ducati Monster 696.

I have V2 on my bike.It looks good.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01094.jpg (174.6 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01095.jpg (167.4 KB, 93 views)
vnranger is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 3rd, 2012, 08:32 PM   #10
choneofakind

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
BTW @samw, as a distributer, do you get any input with Sportisi about products to make? I think you would have a good market for a pre-gen version of those 2 products.

I would be willing to ride up this summer in my time off if you need a bike for measurements and test fitting. I'm between Cleveland and Akron, so it wouldn't be too bad of a ride.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 3rd, 2012, 09:10 PM   #11
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Yamaha TTR 50 SUCK IT

V3 is pretty dope. whats the cost on one of those?
massacremasses is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 5th, 2012, 10:55 AM   #12
Cazper
ninjaholic

Name: Dustin

Motorcycle(s): 09' SE 250R (sold), 03' ZX-6R, 99' XL1200C SP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailerboy531 View Post
...There is a member on here who has a sportisi carbon hugger, it looks great but i heard he had a b*tch of a time getting the thing on and to fit the tire properly without rubbing...
That would be me... and yes mine is the v2. I got mine from the group buy quite a while back and after having to wait almost 9 months (don't get me started) it turned out to be a bit of a challenge to get it to fit properly. It didn't come with all the right mounting hardware so I had to get a little creative... and even with the stock tire it required washers between the hugger and the swingarm cover so that the hugger wouldn't rub the tire. Then when I went to the 150 tire I had to add extra washers to clear the tire.

The quality of the hugger is great!!! The swingarm cover... not so much. I am extremely careful with my bike (ask anyone who knows me) but the swingarm cover cracked in several spots. I also had to dremel it so that the swingarm spools would fit.

Don't get me wrong... the finished product looks great and I get a ton of compliments on it all the time!!! But, I also have told plenty of people that if they get it I'm not willing to help them install it

Cazper is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 5th, 2012, 11:08 AM   #13
samw
ninjette.org member

I've ordered some v.2 and v.3 and should have them soon. I've been told that quality has improved, and I'm anxious to see for myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cazper View Post
That would be me... and yes mine is the v2. I got mine from the group buy quite a while back and after having to wait almost 9 months (don't get me started) it turned out to be a bit of a challenge to get it to fit properly. It didn't come with all the right mounting hardware so I had to get a little creative... and even with the stock tire it required washers between the hugger and the swingarm cover so that the hugger wouldn't rub the tire. Then when I went to the 150 tire I had to add extra washers to clear the tire.

The quality of the hugger is great!!! The swingarm cover... not so much. I am extremely careful with my bike (ask anyone who knows me) but the swingarm cover cracked in several spots. I also had to dremel it so that the swingarm spools would fit.

Don't get me wrong... the finished product looks great and I get a ton of compliments on it all the time!!! But, I also have told plenty of people that if they get it I'm not willing to help them install it

Posted via Mobile Device

Old February 5th, 2012, 11:46 AM   #14
Trailerboy531
Gear crash test dummy

Name: Max

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250 race bike, 2014 ZX-636r

When those arrive Sam I'd like to see both of them in carbon next to each other; assuming you ordered one of each version.
Trailerboy531 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 5th, 2012, 01:55 PM   #15
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Yamaha TTR 50 SUCK IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailerboy531 View Post
When those arrive Sam I'd like to see both of them in carbon next to each other; assuming you ordered one of each version.
+1
massacremasses is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 6th, 2012, 08:38 PM   #16
samw
ninjette.org member

I agree, once I get things moving, let's revisit this

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
BTW @samw, as a distributer, do you get any input with Sportisi about products to make? I think you would have a good market for a pre-gen version of those 2 products.

I would be willing to ride up this summer in my time off if you need a bike for measurements and test fitting. I'm between Cleveland and Akron, so it wouldn't be too bad of a ride.

Old February 10th, 2012, 03:20 PM   #17
LoD575
ninjette.org sage

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 2006 Ninja ZX6R-636

V3 without a doubt. Looking at the V3 pics is seems the paint has been updated to reflect the candy lime green for 2012.

Keep us updated Sam.
LoD575 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 20th, 2012, 03:47 AM   #18
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

I specifically chose to get V2 because it matches the bike's other styling MUCH better. For example, it's more like the front fender design and so it doesn't look like two completely different people styled your bike!
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 17th, 2012, 06:38 PM   #19
2fiftyR
ninjette.org member

Name: Roy

Motorcycle(s): 07 Ducati S4RS, 02 Ducati 998R, 02 Honda 954RR, 07 Yamaha R1, 92 Honda NC30 (VFR400), 08 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

I like the V3 because of its WSBK heavy duty race looks . . . BUT proportionally on the small Ninja it just looks too heavy looking. The smaller V2 looks better suited for a small bike . . . or even this one:

2fiftyR is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 18th, 2012, 05:15 PM   #20
jjb84
ninjette.org member

Name: JJ

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250

Just got my v2 in the mail... Anyone have instructions?

Looks like I need to drill a few small holes to mount the hugger on the chain guard
jjb84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 18th, 2012, 07:04 PM   #21
samw
ninjette.org member

I'll email you instructions tonight. Also watch the videos at sportisimotorsport.com. Don't start the install without doing this.

Old April 20th, 2012, 05:08 AM   #22
Steven250R
ninjette.org member

Name: Steven

Motorcycle(s): 2009 NINJA 250R

How much is it for one of these bad boys?
Steven250R is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 20th, 2012, 02:56 PM   #23
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

@samw:
Can you offer painting services through your painter to match some other parts for us? How much?

I want a bunch of small parts painted CP Blue. For example, I have a damaged red ABS vent piece from Indonesia that fits between the two lower fairings and covers the exhaust headers. I want to repair it, modify it with black mesh, and match my CP blue with the non-mesh parts. I also want some front turn signal signals with color-matched signal housings. I also want to shape the my tail light more like my headlight with my Sportisi undertail and a little plastic notch similar to the Hotbodies undertail design (can use a piece I'm cutting out of the modified cover piece). I may also try to "round out" my headlight with color-matched pieces that fill the top corners that are outside of the collector/reflector area anyway. Heck, since I have the ABS cement for repairing and modifying that mesh vent thing, I even have a fairing piece or two that he could touch up if I could find an economical way to ship it!

Please let us know if this is possible. I asked in the thread about the headlight piece but you haven't returned there yet. If he doesn't want to do small jobs, we might be able to arrange larger "group jobs" through you, like everyone who wants something Kawi Green, send it all in by X date.

Old April 27th, 2012, 12:22 PM   #24
broilmebk
ninjette.org sage

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): '12 ninja 250r

Is there a chance of a group buy for this? Recently got my bike and would like to add this mod eventually.
broilmebk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 27th, 2012, 12:41 PM   #25
TnNinjaGirl
Ms. Personality

Name: CB

Motorcycle(s): Depends on the week you ask

V2, the V3 looks like a shark. Also interested in a GB purchase.
TnNinjaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 27th, 2012, 05:00 PM   #26
samw
ninjette.org member

Sorry for the delayed response. I should be able to help, but I need to iron out some issues with my painter first. He's helping some pro race teams and has started turning into a pumpkin over the weekends. This results in long lead times. I don't like the delays and he doesn't like me pestering him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
@samw:
Can you offer painting services through your painter to match some other parts for us? How much?

I want a bunch of small parts painted CP Blue. For example, I have a damaged red ABS vent piece from Indonesia that fits between the two lower fairings and covers the exhaust headers. I want to repair it, modify it with black mesh, and match my CP blue with the non-mesh parts. I also want some front turn signal signals with color-matched signal housings. I also want to shape the my tail light more like my headlight with my Sportisi undertail and a little plastic notch similar to the Hotbodies undertail design (can use a piece I'm cutting out of the modified cover piece). I may also try to "round out" my headlight with color-matched pieces that fill the top corners that are outside of the collector/reflector area anyway. Heck, since I have the ABS cement for repairing and modifying that mesh vent thing, I even have a fairing piece or two that he could touch up if I could find an economical way to ship it!

Please let us know if this is possible. I asked in the thread about the headlight piece but you haven't returned there yet. If he doesn't want to do small jobs, we might be able to arrange larger "group jobs" through you, like everyone who wants something Kawi Green, send it all in by X date.

Old April 27th, 2012, 05:03 PM   #27
samw
ninjette.org member

I'm hesitant to do a GB until I work through the issues with my painter. I'll keep you posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broilmebk View Post
Is there a chance of a group buy for this? Recently got my bike and would like to add this mod eventually.

Old April 30th, 2012, 03:52 PM   #28
broilmebk
ninjette.org sage

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): '12 ninja 250r

Thanks for the reply Sam. Hope things work out. I'll be getting this one way or another...eventually
broilmebk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 26th, 2013, 06:22 PM   #29
ezero
ninjette.org newbie

Name: esteban

Motorcycle(s): 2012ninja250

V3 sportisi hugger

yea I got the V3 style installed on my 250. It looks cool but with some difficult install. First: it didn't fit the swing arm all that well, it was annoying to put on, had to remove brake and exhaust. The plastic cover chipped a little and you could hear cracking of it when installing. I spent over 200 dollars for it so I expected great quality. SIGH but it works, it looks good still. I just hope it doesn't break or something.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG748.jpg (105.2 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg IMG755.jpg (135.2 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg IMG730.jpg (178.5 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg IMG740.jpg (81.2 KB, 20 views)
ezero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 26th, 2013, 10:52 PM   #30
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezero View Post
yea I got the V3 style installed on my 250. It looks cool but with some difficult install. First: it didn't fit the swing arm all that well, it was annoying to put on, had to remove brake and exhaust. The plastic cover chipped a little and you could hear cracking of it when installing. I spent over 200 dollars for it so I expected great quality. SIGH but it works, it looks good still. I just hope it doesn't break or something.
Yeah. I loved the style but I was disappointed with the cracking and poor design on my Sportisi V2 hugger. It was badly warped out of the package, the holes and brackets were WAY off (unusable on BOTH sides), there was no accommodation for slider spools despite the mounting points being a better place to reliably mount the swingarm cover portion (would pull it closer to the swingarm so that the warping wouldn't matter as much), it covered the chain adjustment nuts for no reason (tightening would crack and also turn the cover; as if it didn't make adjusting the chain hard enough!), and the opening for the axle bolt and nut weren't nearly big enough (more cracking). The hole for the chain guard mount shouldn't even be there because it's nowhere near it. Because the cover bows out from the swingarm it scuffs my right-side heel guard when the suspension compresses. Did I mention that the instructional video showed a bike with no brake line holder and no mention was ever made of it outside some DIY posted by someone on some other site?

That said, nothing compares and I would buy another if I could get a good deal.