ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Old June 12th, 2008, 01:11 PM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[tilted horizons] - Sport-Touring (and Sport-Eating), Baby!

Sometimes, not often enough, everything work and home-wise falls into place and I can get in a few days of good, solid riding and general goofing-off. Last Wednesday, I did a long day's ride to the Gettysburg battlefield to see the new Visitor's Center, stopping to eat at Delta Diner (a motorcyclist-favorite) and hitting Rocks State Park, Conowingo Dam and other places of interest in Maryland on the return leg. Thursday was spent at the Retreads Mid-Atlantic Rally (where free ice cream and cookies flow like Geritol) and riding around Lancaster and Lebanon counties in PA, including a stop to do some Bald Eagle-watching at the famous Pinnacle Overlook high above the Susquehanna River off River Road near Holtwood. Had lunch at another motorcyclist-favorite joint, the Gap Diner. Friday saw me back in the office, but it was back to the Retreads Rally on Saturday morning, where I ate breakfast with an Americade buddy followed by riding random twisty routes all over the area: Hershey, Cornwall Iron Furnace, Ephrata, Stoudt's Brewery (no, I didn't drink), and back to Delaware via Maryland's horse country. Oh yeah, I'm fairly certain I stopped for lunch along the way. Three days and almost 850 miles, all backroads. Ahhhhhhhh....
Now this is the view from "the office" I like to see!

Click here for full story...