ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Old April 15th, 2024, 01:50 PM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[roadracingworld.com] - MotoAmerica: Equitea MV Agusta By MP13 Racing Fielding Sneed,

EQUITEA MV AGUSTA BY MP13 RACING WILL CAMPAIGN MV AGUSTA F3 800 RR IN MOTOAMERICA SUPERSPORT WITH ROBERTO TAMBURINI AND AIDEN SNEED OCEANSIDE, Calif. (April 15, 2024) — Melissa Paris has […]

The post MotoAmerica: Equitea MV Agusta By MP13 Racing Fielding Sneed, Tamburini In Supersport appeared first on Roadracing World Magazine | Motorcycle Riding, Racing & Tech News.

EQUITEA MV AGUSTA BY MP13 RACING WILL CAMPAIGN MV AGUSTA F3 800 RR IN MOTOAMERICA SUPERSPORT WITH ROBERTO TAMBURINI AND AIDEN SNEED

OCEANSIDE, Calif. (April 15, 2024) — Melissa Paris has never been one to back down from a challenge, and this MotoAmerica season will be no different for the former professional road racer and married mother of two young children. Through her team, MP13 Racing, Paris is stepping up from Junior Cup and Twins Cup to contest arguably the most competitive class in the 10-round championship: Supersport. And the Southern California native is doing so with support from a new manufacturer, MV Agusta, as well as a new title sponsor, Equitea.

A rendering of Roberto Tamburini’s Equitea MV Agusta by MP13 Racing F3 RR. Image courtesy MP13 Racing.

Equitea MV Agusta by MP13 Racing will campaign two MV Agusta F3 800 RRs prepared by MP13 Racing and ridden by Roberto Tamburini and Aiden Sneed. MV Agusta is one of eight manufacturers producing motorcycles homologated for the deeply talented and quickly expanding Supersport Next Generation class. The 12-valve, 798cc “Trepistoni” engine that powers the F3 800 RR is housed in a unique aluminized-steel tubular trellis frame mated to an aluminum alloy swingarm.

Roberto Tamburini. Photo courtesy Roberto Tamburini.

One of the most iconic names in motorcycling, MV Agusta recently was acquired by Pierer Mobility AG, which also owns KTM, Husqvarna, and GASGAS. “Racing is a fundamental part of MV Agusta’s heritage that lives in the brand’s present,” said Luca Dovesi, head of MV Agusta North America. “Every MV Agusta motorcycle is developed with performance in mind, and therefore taking official part in MotoAmerica is a natural step for the company in a crucial market like the U.S. I am personally excited and proud of this step, which represents a testament to the renewed strength that MV Agusta has gained thanks to the partnership with Pierer Mobility.”

Aiden Sneed. Photo courtesy MP13 Racing.

Another welcome addition to the MotoAmerica paddock, Equitea is a minority-owned business that produces organic, small-batch, cold-brewed adaptogenic teas blended for health and wellness. “Equitea is proud to partner with Melissa Paris and MP13 Racing,” said Quentin Vennie, co-founder and CEO of Equitea, available nationwide at Sprouts Farmers Markets. “Our functional teas, combined with MP13 Racing’s skill, determination, and stellar coaching, are a winning combination. We look forward to seeing everyone at the racetrack.”

Roberto Tamburini, 33, has experience in 125cc Grand Prix, World Supersport, WorldSBK, and the Endurance World Championship. “I am very motivated to face this season together and to ride an Italian bike—the MV Agusta F3 800 RR,” said Tamburini. “I will have to learn different things, such as the racetracks, a new bike with new tires, and get back on a 600 after many years spent on a 1000. For this reason, it might not be so simple, especially at the beginning, but I will try to bring my experience and speed to grow together step by step.”

Aiden Sneed returns to MP13 Racing for a second year after a strong showing in Junior Cup. The only rider in the class racing a 321cc twin, he finished 13th overall. The Texan will make his Supersport debut at Brainerd International Raceway, June 14-16, when he reaches his 16th birthday. In the meantime, Sneed will attend all races and test with the team. “I am absolutely thrilled to be competing in MotoAmerica Supersport on an MV Agusta,” said Sneed. “With the incredible support of MP13 Racing, I am confident this year will be nothing short of amazing.”

Another important piece of the MP13 Racing success story remains securely in place: Evan Steel, the owner of Tucson, Arizona-based Evan Steel Performance, who has enjoyed podium success with riders in both domestic and international competition, is returning to MP13 Racing for a third consecutive season to impart his special brand of two-wheel magic on the brace of F3 800 RRs. “Evan will manage our engine and electronics development,” said Paris. “Evan is my right-hand guy, and we are proud to have him as a part of our team.”

Equitea MV Agusta by MP13 Racing will kick off its 2024 MotoAmerica Supersport Championship challenge on April 19-21 at Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta in Braselton, Georgia. Fans of the series who can’t attend in person can subscribe to MotoAmerica Live+ to watch every round of the MotoAmerica Championship. All the high-speed action is also available on Fox Sports FS1, MAVTV, ESPN Latin America, YouTube, MTRSPT1, and MotoAmericaTV. Check local listings for broadcast dates and times.

Connect with MP13 Racing on Instagram:

@mvagustausa

@equiteaco

@mp13racing
@roberto_tamburini

@aiden_sneed15

The post MotoAmerica: Equitea MV Agusta By MP13 Racing Fielding Sneed, Tamburini In Supersport appeared first on Roadracing World Magazine | Motorcycle Riding, Racing & Tech News.