ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old May 7th, 2009, 07:00 AM   #1
JaeL
Bike Thrasher

Name: JaeL

Motorcycle(s): 2008 EX250r

Chipped New Paint

Sooo, I was polishing my bike again, because it is still considered a new paint job, and I noticed some funny lil spots on the tail. Upon further inspection I decided mayb the paint was bubbling and started to flake away. Oh well, **** happens, I will have it fixed in the fall before I put it into storage. Then, when riding home from work on Monday, I had a werid inclination to put my hand down were the paint was starting to chip away and low and behold I can feel my pant leg slapping against the bike in the wind! I was wearing a pair of Nike wind paints that have a zipper down the ankle and the zipper was chipping the paint. SOAB Here are the pictures. I wish there was some sorta pad ie take pad, that I could put down there to protect it/hide it until the end of the season. But I will no longer be wearing this type of pant until the paint has matured. And I don't want any lame ass comments about wearing track pants!!!

Old May 7th, 2009, 07:12 AM   #2
tjkamper
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Travis

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R

I got some Scorpion Pants that have a mesh outer shell. So if it is hot I take out the lining. THey are heavy enough they do not move in the wind at all. I think they are great. They zip up the entire leg so you can put them over your regular cloths. I have a 60 miles commute just to get to work and I have to wear business casual, so the pants protect my dockers.

Plus you can't beat having body armor, just-n-case.

Because the outer is mesh they are not hot during the summer. Standing still would not be pleasant, but once you get a little breeze it is like just wearing your jeans. WIth the lining in they are wind and waterproof.
tjkamper is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 7th, 2009, 07:14 AM   #3
Rynownd
ninjette.org guru

Name: Ryne

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250R

Bummer d00d! Wasn't it a family member of yours that helped you on the paint? ...there's got to be a way to touch it up and make it good as new. You could just throw a sticker over it too.