ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old February 8th, 2012, 07:17 AM   #1
saxnbass
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2009 CBR600rr

A*s SP-X Gloves

So I saw these on RevZilla the other day and have been thinking of replacing my SMX-2 Air Carbons with these new SP-X gloves. They're not out yet, but it looks like it would be a nice little upgrade to the SMX-2. Between these new SP-X, the GPX and the Octane, looks like A*s has a couple of options in the $100-$125 range for gloves.

Link to original page on YouTube.

How do you guys think these will fare against similarly priced gloves?

saxnbass is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 8th, 2012, 08:41 AM   #2
Robinhood
ninjette.org member

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250, 2007 GSXR 600

I have both the SP-X and GP-X gloves. The GP-X gloves feel like they will provide a substantial amount more protection than the SP-X gloes. Although the inside tag of the gloves say they have about the same amount of each kind of material (leather, synthetic leather, etc.) the GP-X have quite a bit more leather and feel a lot more robust. By nature, the SP-X gloves provide easier movement and breathability. I prefer them in warmer weather. Both fit snug and feel stiff initially, but break in nicely...they fit perfect for me.

Irony pony still has the GP-X gloves on sale, along with some other alpinestars, full gauntlet gloves:

http://www.ironpony.com/ironponydire.../Class2/Gloves

*Edit: I just looked at your link, and saw the that ones you're looking at are the 2012 version. I have the 2011 version.
Robinhood is offline   Reply With Quote