ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old January 7th, 2010, 01:43 PM   #1
silver_bullet
ninjette.org member

Name: Seth

Motorcycle(s): 2003 YZF600R, 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Scratchon Race graphics

I've been checking these graphics out for awhile now and want to make my 250 stand out a little from every other red 250 that I see. If anybody's interested I am trying to organize a GB in this thread http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=35557. I didn't know how many people here checked the for sale so I figured this would be a place to put it also.

Old January 22nd, 2010, 06:43 AM   #2
eddiekay
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: eddie

Motorcycle(s): 300, WeeStrom

Graphics most def make a bike stand out. Buy them pre-made and they look perfect and can cost more than a few dollars. Much more than a few. The hard part is typefaces...must be premade to be perfect. But....for shapes ( scallops, tribals, stripes) you can make them yourself very cheap out of adhesive vinyl...contact paper. I made a papaer template of what I wanted, laid it over the bike to check how it laid on the bike and made adjustments. Straight lines are easy, curves need to be cut using some kind of guide ( I used an old french curve). I then laid 2 sheets of contact papaer back to back and cut thru both at the same time creating a set that mirrored itself. Laid the pieces over the bike again ( because vinyl doesn't act like paper...it stretches) before removing the adhesive backer. I was lucky..no adjustments needed. Stripped the backer and rubbed it onto tank. It looked perfect.
The limitation to this DIY is that it's real hard to cover areas that have compound curves.
Contact paper tends to tent over even the slightest concave surface . I mean, it's definitely a DIY way to do it, your choices of colors are limited but....from a few feet away it produces a perfect look ( and it's so cheap that you can peel it off if you don;t like it and you've only wasted less than $10) And. I think most important...you can do exactly what you want, you don't have to choose from stock designs.
eddiekay is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 29th, 2010, 01:38 PM   #3
Momaru

Name: Paul

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Candy Plasma Blue 250R

Have any pics of this? I've got some fairing scuffs on the lower part of my right side (thanks to a drunk messin' with my bike while it was parked) I've been itching to overlay with some good vinyl, but as an artist, I'm only talented at making things hideous.

Old January 29th, 2010, 02:39 PM   #4
eddiekay

Name: eddie

Motorcycle(s): 300, WeeStrom

No, sorry, it was a while back. Do you have an idea of what you wanna do...can you show it to me ? I'm a printer...have all kineds of graphics resources. Also...another way around scuffs that won't polish out is to mask and overpaint in flat paint, same color as base color. Scuffed some "wings" on the fz6,,,glossy black plastic, overpainted them in flat black...looked beautiful. Saw another guy use this ultra thick brush on stuff...looks like an orange peel...like the spray on bedliners for trucks...used sparingly, it looks very cool.
I mean....this is IF you don't need your babay to be beautiful showroom new looking.
Saw MSD on web...need some now...will post link
eddiekay is offline   Reply With Quote