ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Old July 10th, 2011, 09:40 AM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[twistingasphalt.com] - Next – Porsche Panamera

It’s both quite early in the morning and remarkably late for me. The body clock feeling so confused that whether I’m watching sunsets or sunrises matters little. The overall feeling is simply one of total physical exhaustion.

Yet it’s a grand type of total exhaustion.

Because it comes from the work & the knowledge that at this particular moment in time, on this particular shoot, everything coalesced in about as good a manor as it possibly could.

Their were the usual trials and an assortment of problem solving on a day in and day out basis, but when I take a giant step back and survey the landscape that surrounds me, I can’t help but think that this was one of the best, most painless, most perfect shoots in recent memory… And over the years there have been some good ones…

In all honesty that great sense of specialty comes from the guys I had the pleasure of working with on this gig — The crew who worked their asses off to capture pure and total visual magic — Stephen Harrison, Dan Hickey & Terren Lin kicked some serious special ops-like ass and they’re a special bunch — both in the field and personally as people.

What they recorded on disc or card is magnificent.

To say I’m excited is an understatement.

The images are some of the best, most exciting and most emotive we’ve ever had… Oh, what images indeed… And watching them playback makes me smile on the inside and laugh on the outside – because they are there, sitting on screen, waiting to be cut together… Perhaps no part of the process of creating a television documentary feels so filled with awesome possibility or potential creativity and I’m also curious to see how it unfolds… It’s the story that never quite resolves itself and yet hinges on the fear of finding inspiration just one more time, in some tiny corner, you can’t quite describe.

Selfishly, I’ll admit that I think over the years I’ve become more and more of an pure imagine snob – not ‘image’ as in personal ego but rather ‘image’ as in what lies on the screen – The picture that is captured and imprinted on our consciousness when we see it roll by… What used to be just a part of the process for me is now the currency I believe we trade daily and to be in a position to be able to see the process of capturing visual liquid magic unfold is both shocking in its power and awesome to behold, and a feeling of wonder that I hope I never lose.

Sometimes it’s nice to marvel at the feeling that comes from being a kid in a candy store.

Until the next, next…

Click here for full story...