ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Notices

Old May 24th, 2009, 04:51 PM   #1
mista350z
ninjette.org member

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): 08 CBR600rr, 08 Ninja 250r - sold

Parts install?

I am not sure where to post this thread but I was wondering if anyone lives in the OC area who knows/wants to install parts for me. I was thinking of doing some of the diy items but dont really want to open up a can of worms I cannot put back together. I do want to do some of the things to my bike, like jet/shim? snorkel, HIDs, air filter? I am about to get a slip on and want to do all the upgrades at the same time.
mista350z is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 24th, 2009, 06:13 PM   #2
kkim

I would suggest doing them one at a time... yourself. Nothing like learning while doing mods.

Start with the easiest and as you gain more time working on the bike, it will help your confidence level to tackle the "harder" mods later.

Have you worked on cars before?
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 24th, 2009, 06:29 PM   #3
mista350z
ninjette.org member

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): 08 CBR600rr, 08 Ninja 250r - sold

I used to work on cars in my earlier years (16-22). But now, Im lazy and just want it done...lol....I guess I could do it myself. Any suggestions of the order of what to do things based on difficulity levels?
mista350z is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 24th, 2009, 06:35 PM   #4
kkim

Have you done the basic maintenance stuff... oil change, clean, lube, adjust the chain. Things that will get you familiar with the bike so doing the mod itself is not so intimidating, learning many things at once?

do you have a service manual to work from? they lay things out pretty well, though they do lack in helping with methods to make the work easier... that's where the DIYs and asking Q's on the forum comes in.

Do the slip on first, then the hids, shim the needles/desnorkel.

air filter... you doing an airbox delete or a drop in?
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 24th, 2009, 08:24 PM   #5
OldGuy
Live Life

Name: Don

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Green SE Ninja 250

John give it a try - as long as you have some basic metric tools you can do just about everything on these bikes. A 4mm and 5mm allen wrench and a #3 Philips gets all the body work off. A 17mm socket will get an oil and filter change done.

Go from there.