ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Old June 16th, 2009, 08:16 PM   #1
addy126
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: addy126

Motorcycle(s): '09 Kawasaki N-250 + '09 Vulcan 900 Classic Lt

Icon Field Armor Vest

Anyone wearing the Icon FAV... can you tell me how you wear it.. under/over or somewhere there in between. I've gotten mine out for the 1st time due to the humidity and heat here. The problem is that constant dripping down the back and sweat build up. The Field Armor Elbow and Knee pads do well and don't over heat so much and are quite comfortable.. That vest tho is a swimming pool at times. Wonder if you guys have any idea how to use it in a more comfortable fashion...... Thanx...
addy126 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 21st, 2009, 01:26 PM   #2
richierich781
Future Hall of Famer

Name: rich

Motorcycle(s): 2010 yamaha fz6r raven

i usually wear mine over my shirt, also helps if you wear a tank top underneath your shirt, but then again i live in washington where it doesnt get too humid.
richierich781 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 25th, 2009, 02:17 PM   #3
addy126

Thanx Rich... outside really "sweats/wrinkles" the shirts or T's when its so god awful humid out down here. Duh.... why didnt I think of a light tank underneath? how stupid is that! Thanx for the enlightment!

Old June 25th, 2009, 07:40 PM   #4
richierich781
Future Hall of Famer

Name: rich

Motorcycle(s): 2010 yamaha fz6r raven

yup, your welcome
richierich781 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 25th, 2009, 09:56 PM   #5
Nemy
ninjette.org sage

Name: Tim

Motorcycle(s): 2009 SE Ninja 250R

just a warning - I tried on the icon field armor vest and it fit well but IIRC when I was looking into it further, it isn't even Level 1 CE certified. If that's gonna be the only upper body protection you guys are thinking of wearing - I'd recommend the Alpinestars, Bohn or Knox back/chest armor with Level 2 (ratings based on the amount of energy transmitted through the armor). The spine isn't something that can be skimped on.
Nemy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 26th, 2009, 11:41 PM   #6
addy126

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemy View Post
just a warning - I tried on the icon field armor vest and it fit well but IIRC when I was looking into it further, it isn't even Level 1 CE certified. If that's gonna be the only upper body protection you guys are thinking of wearing - I'd recommend the Alpinestars, Bohn or Knox back/chest armor with Level 2 (ratings based on the amount of energy transmitted through the armor). The spine isn't something that can be skimped on.
Thanx for pointing this out Nemy.... I've researched and prefer the items from Icon... vest to the arms and leg protection of which I've got all. Well aware of the safety ratings. Most often I wear the jackets but in this humidity I opt for the Icon vest. At nite I resort back to jacket. "Some protection is better than none" as pointed out by Brian Van - Sportbiketrackgear.com

Old June 27th, 2009, 05:41 PM   #7
sharky nrk
Fighting Texas Aggie '05

Name: Neil

Motorcycle(s): '07 ZX6R, '08 Versys, '09 250R Track, '93 F2/F3 Track

I road my brothers bike when I was visiting home in dallas. it was super hot - I can understand something cooler after that
sharky nrk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 27th, 2009, 11:09 PM   #8
addy126

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky nrk View Post
I road my brothers bike when I was visiting home in dallas. it was super hot - I can understand something cooler after that
I was using my Vega Mesh Jacket and had very little air blowing... actually it was blowing through the jacket but it was all the hot/humid air outside warming up the jacket! Off it came and slapped on the armor instead until it drops 5 degrees or more! However I will take this over snow any day!