ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old June 30th, 2010, 03:23 PM   #1
nomen cognomen
ninjette.org member

Name: Praenomen

Motorcycle(s): 2005 SV650

Look at motorcycles and get $75 doing it!

Men or women between the ages 16-38 who presently own or maybe intending to purchase a bike in the next few years.

This is a survey opportunity from Clarity Research located in Rye Brook, New York and will take 45 minutes. You get $75 cash upon completion. Pretty much, they'll have a bunch of motorcycles on display and we're just going to look at them and provide feedback. It's to help the motorcycle industry gain insight into what we think so that they can use this feedback for future production. This is a super fun survey and just a nice chance to look at bikes.

Here is a list of motorcycles. If you ride any of these types, give them a call, they'll ask you a few quick pre-screening questions (takes 2 minutes), and they'll tell you if you qualify or not. If you do, they'll mail you the necessary info.

CRUISER

* Harley-Davidson 883/Iron 883 [XL883N]
* Honda Shadow Spirit [VT750DC/C2/C]
* Yamaha Vstar Custom [XV650]

NEW & USED SPORT

* Kawasaki Ninja 250 [EX250]
* Suzuki GS500F
* Kawasaki Ninja 500 [EX500]
* Suzuki SV650
* Kawasaki Ninja 650 [EX650]
* Yamaha FZ6R
* Suzuki Gladius [SFV650]

DUAL/ENDURO

* Honda CRF150F
* Kawasaki KLX250
* Honda CRF230F
* Yamaha TT-R 225/230
* Honda CRF230L
* Yamaha TW200
* Kawasaki KLX140A / B
* Yamaha XT250

RUGGED SCOOTER

* Honda Ruckus [NPS50]
* Yamaha Zuma 125
* Yamaha Zuma 50
* Vespa LX150/LX150S
* Honda Elite 110 [NHX110]

The survey will be on July 10-11 (Saturday, Sunday) and will be offered every half hour from 8:00-12:30 AM and 2:00-4:30 PM. I'll be there the 11th at 3 PM. Maybe you'll see me

You can call 866-622-3119 between noon and 9 PM weekdays.

Call quick and feel free to spread the word!
Look at motorcycles and get $75 cash
nomen cognomen is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 30th, 2010, 04:15 PM   #2
kkim

hmmm... I wonder why there's an upper age limit for participants?
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 30th, 2010, 04:16 PM   #3
nomen cognomen
ninjette.org member

Before I get met with accusations of spam (whether it be because of skepticism or my low post count), let me clarify that this is indeed legit. They're a great company and they're very nice. A lot of companies do market research like this.

If you're still skeptical, here's a link to the company's website:
www.clarityresearch.com

And here's a forum with positive words on the experience:
http://www.sportbikers.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=12706

Take advantage of this great opportunity if you happen to be around the NY area.

Old June 30th, 2010, 04:24 PM   #4
nomen cognomen
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
hmmm... I wonder why there's an upper age limit for participants?
I've no idea why there's an upper age limit. But I noticed that all the bikes listed are often-named "beginner bikes" so I wonder if maybe this is help the industry come up with designs that can appeal to newer riders?

Old June 30th, 2010, 04:35 PM   #5
kkim

That's too bad cause I own 3 of the bikes listed... and if what you say is true, as to the limited participation based on the list being beginner bikes, wouldn't input from experienced owners be of even more value to them?

Also, I don't base my perception of a members credibility based on the # of posts they have, but more on the value of what they have to say/contribute in each particular post they make and how they communicate it.

I also think that was the rational Alex had when he did not institute a "rep" system here on ninjette.

Old June 30th, 2010, 04:40 PM   #6
nomen cognomen
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
That's too bad cause I own 3 of the bikes listed... and if what you say is true, as to the limited participation based on the list being beginner bikes, wouldn't input from experienced owners be of even more value to them?

Also, I don't base my perception of a members credibility based on the # of posts they have, but more on the value of what they have to say/contribute in each particular post they make and how they communicate it.

I also think that was the rational Alex had when he did not institute a "rep" system here on ninjette.
I'm not sure. I'm only speculating. Perhaps they're just looking for aesthetic opinion. A lot of people buy motorcycles based primarily on looks... like how many new riders would rather buy a brand new gsxr as opposed to learning on a 1994 Ninja 250r.

I wrote what I wrote because I posted this on a lot of other forums I frequent on. I started off really excited and I thought others would be equally excited, but I was wrong. Even my "home" forum where I post the most accused me of scam. And another forum thought I was a bot because of my low post count.

I just wanted to spread what I thought would be really happy news

Wait a second, kkim. You're in Hawaii anyway. This survey is in New York, lol.

Old June 30th, 2010, 04:41 PM   #7
nomen cognomen
ninjette.org member

Also, people without a bike are welcome as well. Clarity Research is also looking for people who are planning to buy a motorcycle. I spoke with them this afternoon and they said they need more men who are planning to purchase. If anything, I would have thought they needed more women.

Old June 30th, 2010, 04:46 PM   #8
kkim

okay... guess that leaves me out.

Thanks for trying to help others on ninjette.

Old July 4th, 2010, 07:29 AM   #9
nomen cognomen
ninjette.org member

Got my letter with details in the mail on Friday.

Call them weekdays 12-9 and don't miss out on this.

There's not a lot of spots left, so if you're in NY or nearby, call!
Here's a reminder:

Qualifying participants:
- between ages 16-38
- primary owner and rider of any of the bikes I listed on the first page
- looking to purchase ANY bike (you can be a beginner who's never owned a bike before!)

Last futzed with by nomen cognomen; July 4th, 2010 at 08:37 AM.