MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Honda race bike for the street

http://world.honda.com/HRC/repsolhondateam/machine/

Gorgeous!

Old October 5th, 2012, 04:05 PM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

That's just the RC213V racebike, not a street version?

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 5th, 2012, 04:15 PM   #3
CC Cowboy
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Don't mess with the Zohan

From MC News:

Honda insiders have revealed the firm will on Friday announce the plan to put a road-going version of the MotoGP V4 RC213V into production for 2014 as it tries to give a massive boost of excitement to the Honda brand.

Honda boss Takanobu Ito will make the announcement on Friday this week as part of a bigger speech outlining the future of the firm with the RC213V production bike being presented as a halo bike which will be hugely expensive and strictly limited in numbers.

This is definitely not a replacement for the CBR1000RR Fireblade and will be more akin to the £40,000 Ducati Desmosedici RR which sold out and was built in bigger numbers than first planned despite a massive price tag.

The rumours of a road-going Honda based on a MotoGP bike have been doing the rounds since the World Championship ditched 500cc two-strokes in favour of four-stroke 1000cc machines in 2003.

It's known Honda was very close to putting a 1000cc V5 into production in 2006 but this never happened for reasons known only to Honda.

It now appears Honda is ready to make the leap and in part this may be helped by the firm's decision to make a run of customer specification engines for the Claiming Rule Teams (CRT) in 2013 which will change the way the engines are made.

There are no official details at the moment and we will have to wait for the official speech to be given in Tokyo on Friday but it’s understood Ito will make reference to some of the greatest Hondas of the past such as the RC30 when he makes his address.

A Honda insider said: "This has been talked about for a while now within Honda but there is now the firm intention to put a bike derived from the MotoGP bike into production so we can show the kind of engineering, passion and excitement Honda has become known for.”

A full MCN investigation into this story will be in the September 26 issue on sale next week along with updates online as soon as there is official word from Honda.

http://www.floridasportbikers.us/att...9&d=1348057140

Old October 5th, 2012, 04:55 PM   #4
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
question:

why are company leaders in japan called "boss" in press releases opposed to the more formal term, company head, director or some other term?

Old October 5th, 2012, 05:57 PM   #5
Reswob
ninjette.org sage

Name: Josh

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Triumph Bonneville Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Cowboy View Post
... being presented as a halo bike which will be hugely expensive and strictly limited in numbers...
So, what you're saying is, I'd be better off just getting an Aprilia RSV-4 Factory?

Old October 5th, 2012, 06:01 PM   #6
CC Cowboy

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reswob View Post
So, what you're saying is, I'd be better off just getting an Aprilia RSV-4 Factory?
Personally, I'd rather have the Honda.

Old October 6th, 2012, 08:03 AM   #7
Jono

Name: Jono

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Triumph Street Triple, 2009 KLX250SF, 2003 Suzuki SV650S (Sold), 2006 Ninja 250 (Sold)

Just get one of these.

I mean it's pretty much the same bike, right? They both say Repsol on them and have orange wheels.
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 6th, 2012, 08:11 AM   #8
CC Cowboy

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono View Post
Just get one of these.

I mean it's pretty much the same bike, right? They both say Repsol on them and have orange wheels.
What a moroon! The pic in the first post is facing left (not right).

Old October 6th, 2012, 08:25 AM   #9
sharky nrk
Fighting Texas Aggie '05

Name: Neil

Motorcycle(s): '07 ZX6R, '08 Versys, '09 250R Track, '93 F2/F3 Track

I am sure whatever the proddy racer Honda releases will be insane and I will desire one greatly. No afford, but desire.
sharky nrk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 6th, 2012, 08:35 AM   #10
choneofakind

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Ever since Alex told me that MotoGP bikes were V4's. I always wondered why the big four didn't just put those in their liter bikes like Aprilia does.

Neat!
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 6th, 2012, 08:39 AM   #11
psych0hans

Name: Hansveer

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r - Track whore, Ninja 300 - SOLD, KTM RC390 - Orange Hulk, Ducati 899 Panigale - Red Devil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reswob View Post
Precisely then give us pics and a review

Old October 6th, 2012, 09:23 AM   #12
CC Cowboy

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
Ever since Alex told me that MotoGP bikes were V4's. I always wondered why the big four didn't just put those in their liter bikes like Aprilia does.

Neat!
I've had a Honda V4 race bike since 1983. It's only a 750 but it's a blast to ride.

Old October 6th, 2012, 09:34 AM   #13
psych0hans

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r - Track whore, Ninja 300 - SOLD, KTM RC390 - Orange Hulk, Ducati 899 Panigale - Red Devil.

Quote:
I've had a Honda V4 race bike since 1983. It's only a 750 but it's a blast to ride.
How old are you dood, that was like before I was born you're as old as christ

lol just yanking your chain, christ was probably a year younger...

Old October 6th, 2012, 10:52 AM   #14
CC Cowboy

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by psych0hans View Post
How old are you dood, that was like before I was born you're as old as christ

lol just yanking your chain, christ was probably a year younger...
Beware what you say my young naive Indian boy. As my name suggests, I am a Cowboy (and you think the "cow" as the highest creature in life).

Yes, I have ridden a motorcycle from before you were born and before there were paved roads in India. I was all through your country as a boy and loved it there (except for the heat, the rain, and the smell).

Old October 6th, 2012, 11:21 AM   #15
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Beware what you say my young naive Indian boy. As my name suggests, I am a Cowboy (and you think the "cow" as the highest creature in life).

Yes, I have ridden a motorcycle from before you were born and before there were paved roads in India. I was all through your country as a boy and loved it there (except for the heat, the rain, and the smell).
I get the impression that Hans is a foreigner in India himself. He seems very... westernized just like our good friend Wayan in Indonesia.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 6th, 2012, 11:43 AM   #16
CC Cowboy

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
I get the impression that Hans is a foreigner in India himself. He seems very... westernized just like our good friend Wayan in Indonesia.
Not so sure about that. Bombay has been called Mumbai since 1995. If he is as young as he thinks he would have used Mumbai as his location.

I have seen his videos and they look more like the hills of Pennsyltuckey then India. I believe he is on the run and using false locations to distract those looking for him.

Old October 6th, 2012, 07:53 PM   #17
psych0hans

Quote:
1) I'm a REAL Indian, not the ones good ol' coloumbous found when he went looking for us
2) I actually love cows, especially when they are well done and have garlic sauce on them

Quote:
Awesome, How long ago was this? There still are huge portions of India without paved roads tho, and probably will always be, so it might not be a good reference of time

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
Thanks, I appreciate that comment, though, I am 100% born an brought up in India. I guess I've just traveled a lot so I have a slightly more global perspective on things.

Quote:
Not so sure about that. Bombay has been called Mumbai since 1995. If he is as young as he thinks he would have used Mumbai as his location.
I was born in 1986, about 9 years before the name change and I hate those f**king Marathi Political b***ards for changing it. I love what Russell Peters has to say about it.

Link to original page on YouTube.

Quote:
I have seen his videos and they look more like the hills of Pennsyltuckey then India. I believe he is on the run and using false locations to distract those looking for him.
My bike actually travels a lot, with or without me The video I put up was way north in India, I have business here so I tend to travel here a lot. No point keeping my bike back home when It can come with me and enjoy the TWISTIES!!!

Old October 7th, 2012, 06:09 PM   #18
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
1) I'm a REAL Indian, not the ones good ol' coloumbous found when he went looking for us
2) I actually love cows, especially when they are well done and have garlic sauce on them

Awesome, How long ago was this? There still are huge portions of India without paved roads tho, and probably will always be, so it might not be a good reference of time

Thanks, I appreciate that comment, though, I am 100% born an brought up in India. I guess I've just traveled a lot so I have a slightly more global perspective on things.

I was born in 1986, about 9 years before the name change and I hate those f**king Marathi Political b***ards for changing it. I love what Russell Peters has to say about it.

My bike actually travels a lot, with or without me The video I put up was way north in India, I have business here so I tend to travel here a lot. No point keeping my bike back home when It can come with me and enjoy the TWISTIES!!!

I know India is large, varied, and some parts can seem foreign even to a born and raised Indian, but could you tell me if I got this right?

This comes from the HP Touchpad website where a developer replaced the promo videos with this as soon as HP announced that they were abandoning the Touchpad and WebOS and firing almost everyone involved.

She's speaking English but she peppered it with Tamil and Hindi. Not knowing any of either, it was very hard to figure out what she was saying and to translate it. Right after the Hindi word "thodaasaa" (translation: a little), she says what sounds like "be next on my work, sir," which makes no sense in English. I can only guess that it must be a bit more in Tamil or Hindi that just happens to sound like English words. In context, I think she's asking for a little pay or recognition, which are things she clearly didn't get enough of when working like a slave for HP/Palm.

I'm guessing that the video was really rushed. I saw no other attempts to caption it, so I just wanted to get it right.

CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 7th, 2012, 06:31 PM   #19
CC Cowboy

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Quote:

My bike actually travels a lot, with or without me
It must have a mind of it's own.

Old October 7th, 2012, 07:28 PM   #20
psych0hans

Lol no, she is deliberately putting on a strong accent for the video. Tho people down south do generally have vpstrong accents, this one is definitely exaggerated. The only Hindi word she used was "thodasa" as you pointed out. The other word I really couldn't understand... But I'm sure it was meant to be English