ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old July 7th, 2014, 08:36 PM   #1
iamjacob
ninjette.org guru

Name: Jacob

Motorcycle(s): 2011 250R SE

Screwed Boot (Cortech Latigo)

26 calendar days in to my Cortech Latigo boots and I bust a screw loose...

I was getting off my bike after my commute home tonight and I must have caught the toe slider on something next to my bike. I look down to see that the toe slider has popped off the screw that holds on to the boot and I think to myself, "No problem, I'll just take out the screw and put the slider back on. No big deal..." Not so much. Apparently the Incredible Hulk works at the Cortech factory and the screw is so tight that instead of loosening, the entire stud breaks free and the whole thing just spins freely in the boot. Aren't these things supposed to be replaceable?

A quick call to the place that I bought them and they say, "I'm not sure the warranty will cover that, you'll have to bring them in so that I can look at them."

.... Yaaaay, now I get to drive 4 hours round trip to San Jose to maybe get these boots fixed / replaced.

Word to the wise, if you ever have to replace the toe sliders on your Latigos, screw carefully!!

Offending Screw
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screwed-Boot.jpg (48.0 KB, 19 views)
iamjacob is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 7th, 2014, 10:00 PM   #2
sjc88
ninjette.org member

Name: Sung

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250

I have the same boots, used bout 2 years now, haven't touched the screws, but curious if mine is on that tight as well. Consider it a 4 hr fun ride?
sjc88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 7th, 2014, 10:20 PM   #3
iamjacob
ninjette.org guru

Name: Jacob

Motorcycle(s): 2011 250R SE

Yeah, I never figured that I would have to either.

I figure that if they say that the screw isn't covered, I'll just pound the slider back on and hope that I don't ever have to touch it again.

I'll have to make a fun Sunday out of it.
iamjacob is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 8th, 2014, 12:09 AM   #4
nickjpass
#squid

Name: nickypoo

Motorcycle(s): Track dedicated 2008 ZX6R

MOTM - Jul '16
Epoxy?