ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ninjettes At Speed

Old September 9th, 2009, 02:02 PM   #1
ROADandTRACK
R&T Suspension

Name: K Hertell

Motorcycle(s): Too many to list

For the old gen riders/racers out there

Team Von Schlecten Lebern finished 2nd overall on a 2002 Ninja 250 w/ the 2008 forks and wheels at the Cresson round of the CMRA races. We finished only 4 seconds behind 1st after 3 hrs of racing. We also set the fastest laps of the race on the old thing. If we had another lap or two we would have won, but thats racing.
ROADandTRACK is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 29th, 2009, 04:45 AM   #2
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2022 Honda Navi, 2018 Z-125 Pro

So you all swapped the forks? Any machining required? I'm betting that you kept the triple off the '08 and just mounted all of that together?

DETAILS! (I want to mod mine that way)

2022 Honda Navi && 2018 Z-125 Pro
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 29th, 2009, 05:55 AM   #3
mikedabike64
ninjette.org guru

Name: mike

Motorcycle(s): 2008 ninja 250

after 3hrs 4 seconds that's amazing congrats.
mikedabike64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 29th, 2009, 08:21 AM   #4
ROADandTRACK
R&T Suspension

Name: K Hertell

Motorcycle(s): Too many to list

Thanks Mike.

To use the 17's you need the complete front end, triples, caliper etc. It it really easy to do.

For the rear you need to mill the old gen caliper mount about 13mm thinner on one side. Then cut out the square tubing from the brake stay. Use some flat bar and weld it on on one of the ends towards one side of it and the other end on the other. Which will be 13mm offset to accomidate the milling of the caliper bracket. I drilled holes down the length of the flat bar to lighten it up a bit. I think thats it. But I'm doing this from memory.
ROADandTRACK is offline   Reply With Quote